Thursday 7 August 2014

Warmest Wishes - Round II Card 4

I had such fun with the Tree theme for the Christmas Card Club last fortnight, that I decided to make a second tree card. I have always loved this Penny Black image and realized that I had one already coloured, just waiting to be made up into a card.


I tried to let the pink and grey tones take over the card, but once I got the image matted, I realized that the dark rose on the image took over. So I gave into it and added a sentiment image, from that same already coloured, images album.  It had strong rose shades as well. While the colours are not identical...they are close enough that I think they are OK together. Once I got it stuck down, I decided it looked too perched up there at the top. I haven't managed to think of a way to overcome that flaw. I am afraid to try and remove it though so guess I am stuck with it! I have toyed with the idea of adding a dark rose snowflake border down the right hand side...but I am already at my limit of overhanging bits as the largest size you can get envelopes locally is 6 inches. Decisions, decisions...guess I decided to leave it as is...as here it is on my post...perched sentiment and all!!!

Here is a close up of the sentiment...I think you can just see that while I used round bling for everything else, I used teensy hearts on the three small snowflakes.



Recipe
Card base - hand cut from my stash
DP - Not sure where the grey birch trees are from...will suss it out once home again
Card Stock - snippets of pink card and also some black glitter card
Bling - pink and grey rhinestones from my stash
Image - Penny Black Warmest Wishes
Sentiment - not sure...will update once home again

I am entering this card in the following challenges

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Marks Finest Papers - Christmas Card Challenge
3. Simon Says Stamp -Wednesday Challenge - Sparkle

32 comments:

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card Mo, I love your non traditional colours.
Pauline
x

Veerle said...

Lovely image Maureen and nice colouring. Crafty greetings from Veerle

aussie aNNie said...

Oh wow this is just gorgeous. Love the image, the sentiment and everything....beautiful...xxxThe Journey is the Start

jimlynn said...

I'd leave the "Merry Christmas" exactly where it is because it looks great there! Really a pretty, pretty card for Christmas and the sentiment matches the rose perfectly from here.
LYnn

Tracy said...

I think your card is perfect.
I love the colours and think the sentiment is perfect the way it is. All of the colours flow nicely together.
That image is precious

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image and great details.xxx

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card, great image and colours. Fab sentiment.

Kathx

Jean said...

I think your card is lovely, the PB image is real sweet and I love the greeting stamp.
Jean x

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Mo, what a lovely image and beautifully coloured, loving your colour theme too, hugs Kate x

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Mo. I hope you leave it as it is.
Why not save your pennies and treat yourself to a Memory Keepers envelope maker. That way you can make your envelopes any size you want!
Just a thought. Great way of using up those papers you are not keen on but don't want to throw away.
Hugs
xx

paper fun said...

Very sweet card. Love the vintage with the soft pink.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful card, love that Christmas sentiment.
luv
Debby

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous card Maureen. I love the image so traditional and I think the sentiment ties everything in beautifully. Susan x

Christine Harrop said...

Funnily, I was about to suggest making your own envelopes too. I do for awkward sized cards, but I must admit I do try to keep within the envelope limits. KISS - as they say! But it's a lovely card Maureen, whatever the size. Hugs Christine xx

Erika said...

Hi Mo I love your image and sentiment and think the colours look fab. Great combo.

Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

Di said...

Wow Mo - this is absolutely gorgeous! Fabby colouring too.

Hugs, Di xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's gorgeous, Mo!

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
fab card.
I Love that cute image, and your really fab design.
Brill colouring in too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

A lovely Christmas card Maureen, love the colours. Carol x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful Christmas Card. Love this image and your coloring. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Carol L said...

How cute and fun is this darling image! I love all those pink snowflakes and the great coloring!

Julie C. said...

This Christmas card is beautiful! I love the tiny hearts that you used on the snow flakes! ^_^

Sarn said...

Terrific festive card and great colouring.
xxx

MagsB said...

This is fabulous, hun, what an adorable image! The elaborate sentiment is absolutely gorgeous, too, what beautiful colouring!

Have a great week!

love Mags B x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous chrissy card Mo, your colouring is awesome, Cathy x

Greta said...

Love images & the colors, Maureen! I think the sentiment looks great--doesn't cover up too much of the base image. The snowflakes are so pretty--love the heart gems in the centers!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Warm hugs
Maarit

MaryH said...

I think I have this PB image (a NBUS!) You've colored her so sweetly, and I liked the rose popping out from the other colors. Very good contrast, and I also liked your sentiment just exactly as you have it too! I don't think you need change one single thing, as this is just beautiful. Quite a cute idea to add the hearts as snowflake centers. The pattern paper on the base card is pretty too. Can't tell if this is a 'stripe' or perhaps that birch pattern that is so popular just now. It's really lovely with this little skater though. Well done, Miss Mo. TFS & Hugs

Pia S said...

Non traditional Christmas colors have really grown on me, I think they can look at least as Christmasy as the more traditional ones. The softness if the light pink and grey with the bolder pink looks beautiful. Even though the sentiment is big I think it's a balanced design, it covers an area of the image which is plain and the little snowflake on the bottom right corner evens out the design. Of think it's beautiful!
Ps: I've got new magazines on offer if you'd like to enter my new candy!

Margaret said...

So pretty. Love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good luck. Maggie - DT

cheiron said...

Love all the pearls and bling on this fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing along with our Make It Sparkle Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Judy McKay said...

I love everything about your pretty vintage Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy DT