As part of my personal quest to use my NBUS, I have finally made this sweet image up into a card.
I cut the image with a Spellbinders oval die and matted that with a Spellbinders Floral Oval.
The ribbon was a case of making lemonade from lemons...literally. I wanted to tie in the yellow of the birds and decided to use a bit of yellow ribbon...only to find that the only yellow ribbon I had up at the lake, had lemon slices on it. So I stuck it down on top of the lace anyway, and added a pink diamond in the center of each lemon slice. If you scrinch up your eyes and look at it carefully, they are now Christmas baubles! lol
Once I had the birds added to the card, I didn't like that the tree trunk seemed massive. It is not massive in the digi image, but because I chose to use an oval die, it made the tree seem really wide. So...it was feathers to the rescue again. I had a few different colours of dotted feathers and luckily there were some yellow ones. After I got those attached, I added a bit of leftover pink bling from the flower hairbands I made in the past. That seemed to do the trick and anchor them on the card.
I used a snippet of black card to cut a Memory Box note die but trimmed it down to fit the card corner.
I then cut their Merry die twice so I could layer it for a bit of depth. I would have done the same with the note die but I had just used the last snippet of that black textured card.
No recipe tonight as it was 35 Celcius today, and I am tired from the heat. I have given you the recipe in long form anyway!
I am entering this card in the following challenges.
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper
3. DL.ART - Thankful Thursday Christmas in July
4. Crafting For All Seasons - Challenge 82 Christmas in July
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes
6. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - must be Christmas
7. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy TV - Christmas Card Challenge