Monday 4 August 2014

Fore! - Round II Card 3

This funny golfer is one of the first images I ever coloured. I only owned ordinary brand pencil crayons and had not even heard of gamsol.
I think I blended with baby oil...and it took the colour over the edges in places, as I was not very adept at using it. But it is a funny image and I decided it should get let out of the binder jail it had been exiled to!
Somehow this image got a bit dogeared and slightly dinted while being stored..so I fussy cut him out and that allowed me to let the image extend past the golf ball die...well past the circle pretending to be a golf ball die!

I have been trying hard to shake things up a bit as I sometimes feel all my cards look the same. I chose some colours I would not usually combine and even tried a design that is a bit of a different look for me.

When I was flipping through my DP trying to chose some colourful papers, I found this sentiment and just had to use it. When DH got home from golfing, he said it should read Live, Laugh, Play, Cry!
Turns out he had a bad day on the greens...

Recipe
Card base - hand cut from my stash
DP - MME Lime Twist is the numbers paper and also the orange; Crate Paper is the green stars (all from my stash)
Card stock - blue and white snippets from my stash,
Dies - Spellbinder petite circles
EF - Swiss Dots
Stamp - Wood backed red rubber stamp I bought years ago at a garage sale. It is my VOS item

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Polkadoodles - Clash the Colours
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes
4. Penny Black and More - Anything Goes
5. Allsorts - Favourite Things (My favourite thing is golf, as if DH is off golfing, I can create in the craftroom all day)! Yay!

29 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fabulous image and great details.xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fun, fabulous card.
Luv
Debby

Dawn said...

Love it, great image & brillaint design!
Hugs
Dawn xx

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous fun card Mo, the image is brilliant and great colouring too. Your layout and colourful papers are super.
Your poor hubby, love that he still had humour to add to your sentment, hugs Kate x

Veerle said...

This really is a fun card.
Love the image.
Have a happy crafty day, greetings from Veerle

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is such a fun card Maureen, love the image and expression on his face. I think it does us good to get out of our usual comfort zones sometimes and try different things. Susan x

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love this image so funny. Wow coloring with baby oil and crayons. lol I have still never used the Gamasol. But your card is wonderful. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Carol L said...

LOL at your hubby's sentiment suggestion! LOL Great card Mo! Love the theme and the way you colored it!

jimlynn said...

I think every day on the greens would be bad for me! I've only played golf a few times and it didn't go well! LOL!
Love your card though. The design is wonderful and love the way he extends out of the circle. Cute sentiment!
Lynn

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful card, Maureen! Truly delightful & fun & I dare say, many golfers would agree with your hubby about the sentiment!

Tracy said...

Teehee, cute card.
I like how you coloured with your pencils. I pulled mine out this weekend as well.
I laughed when I read what your husband said the sentiment should read ;)

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card and a brilliant image, great colouring and layout.

Kath x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great colors, and I love how you tipped the printed panels!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Mo, this is gorgeous! Blending with baby oil sounds like a great alternative :)

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

Darnell said...

Your designer hat was fitting squarely on your head for this card, Maureen! I adore how your circle is the golf ball and your image extends past and you did an excellent job picking the pp and sediment and using those snippets!! Hugs, Darnell

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Honey. I tried commenting last night but flipping internet wasn't playing ball.
Funny enough I managed to bounce a jar last night and there were golfing buttons in there!
Hugs
xx

jenn shurkus said...

i think your color combo is fab! good for you to try and switch it up :) fun card! thank you for playing along with us at SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Mo, I love your fun image and fabulous design and colours.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

You're way too hard on yourself, Maureen,. You've got a wide range of card styles:) That being said, this looks really different from the last cards you've shown us, different colors, many layers, very masculine. Fun card!

Carol said...

Such a bright cheerful card Maureen, love it. Carol x

MaryH said...

Looks to me like you did a very nice job on coloring your golfer. He looks a bit perplexed and this is a real cute image. I'm loving the sentiment. I hear you about the same old, same old - as I feel the same way. Your colors pop, and I am loving the unique combinations you've selected. These are great with the golfer and I like the number background...suggests his score (?maybe? I'm not a golfer!). This is really darling, Maureen, and you did a fab job with it. Some golfer will just love receiving it from you. TFS & Hugs

Anonymous said...

this is a fabulous masculine card maureen! the golfer cut out and placed in front of the golf ball is a great idea and i love the colours and layout. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

MaryH said...

Mo, your cards are NEVER boring! They are delightful and can't wait to see what you've made with your prizes! I'm very fold challenged and don't check up on sketches as I should. I kinda wing it and that's not always a good thing. Your layouts & colors are always very attractive and interesting too. And cute images. That's all. I'm done! Hugs

Sarn said...

Fabulous male card. Like the way you mixed up the papers behind the image.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Great card Mo! And they certainly are never boring. I did giggle at the image and also Al's comment on the sentiment :)

Hugs, Di xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card. and a great fav thing - perhaps l should use my hubby's golf time to craft too lol
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Favourite Things' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Debs Willis said...

What a fab card! The colour combo really works and the golfer really stands out - fab card,
Hugs
Debs x

MagsB said...

What gorgeous papers, and the golfer is so fun!

love Mags B x

brenda said...

A really great card Mo, sorry to be so late arriving here but only just back from hols.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Penny Black and More.

B x