Monday 25 August 2014

August Rudolph Day Round II Card 13 and Card 14

It is the 25th of Aug and that can only mean one thing. It is Rudolph Days over at Sarn's Stamping for Pleasure. You have until the end of the month to submit two Xmas cards on the same post. They can be two of the same card or two different!

Card 13 is a Wild Rose Topper that reminded me of the granchildren! Little Miss C always has a couple of fancy party dresses at Christmastime. There are always lots of parties to attend and she still enjoys getting dressed up. Little Mr P always hasa new set of dress pant,s and a nice shirt and tie. Tugs at my heartstrings to see him, shirt tucked out, with his tie all askew!  They both get dress coats (sometimes like these), and look just smashing, This topper with the waifs in their Xmas finery,  reminded me so much of them.

The fancy ivy and bow cutwork to the right, is a cupcake topper. It is a fairly heavy weight shimmery paper...perfect for accents. I think it is heavy enough to even hang off the edge of the page without getting bent! I trimmed it down to fit the card size and ticked it under the snippet of striped DP!

Final touches were a couple of K&Co 3D sprigs of greenery. To keep this card flatter, I peeled the 3D bits apart and reassembled them with less foam.


Sadly, I bent the "t" and was slightly askew with the sentiment rub on. There is a simple fix for these problems. You cut a slender piece of scotch tape just a hair bigger than the letter and much longer. Place the end over the letter, hold the rest of the tape between your fingers and use pressure on it to lift the bent t up. Carefully lift up and then tilt the tape into the correct angle to striaghten it!  Then rub it back on! The tape must be cut very slender or you will pick up the letter next to it!

To fix a crooked rub on, cut a piece of tape bigger than the rub on and stick it down and lift it off! I shall just do that once home and put a new rub on down. I think scotch tape might be called cello tape in some countries. You want to use the one that is sort of cloudy with a satin finish...not the sticky shiny clear tape!

I do not have tape up here so will repair it once we are home again.

Recipe
Card base - from my stash
DP - beige snowflake DP is Studio Calico Winter Wonderland; striped DP is Best Creations from my snippets box; green striped mat is unknown from my snippets
Embellishments - red cutwork is a cupcake wrapper from the dollar store cake decorating shop. 3D greenery is K&Co
Bliung - teensy diamonds from my stash
Topper is Wild Rose Studio - Annabelle and Antoine at Christmas
Rub On  - KaiserCraft

Card 14 is another WRS topper. Again I tried to keep it flat for mailing. All snippets from my files. The stripey DP border is actually two scraps that just tuck under the topper by about 1/3 inch! lol Amazing what you can do with scraps!

I peeled off and reassembled the corner 3D greenery again to keep it flatter. Tried to keep it no higher than the diamonds as it does have to fit through the infamous slot. My measuring tool is at home but this one is going to be a close call on whether it makes it through!


The ribbon is probably a decade old. I am not sure exactly how old, but it is a VOS item indeed! Angled it across the corner as it was a smallish snippet and just fit. Thank goodness for Sook Wang tape...it will hold anything!

Recipe
Card base - from my stash
DP - green background and red knitted look DP is Studio Calico Winter wonderland;  striped is Best Creations
Cardstock - DCWV self adhesive snippets of brown
Ribbon - VOS item...many, many years old...from my stash
Embellishments - K&Co 3D greenery
Bling - green diamonds from my stash

I am entering these cards in the following challenges:

1. Stamping For Pleasure Rudolf  Days - August RD must be two cards and must be Xmas
2. Marks Finest Papers Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
3. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must be snippets
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - must be Christmas
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper

39 comments:

brenda said...

Love, love this MO, the traditional colours never fail to please and it's all embellished to perfection.

B x

Glenda Atkins said...

Ooooh love them both, love the designs and the embellishing! You have been busy!
hugs
Glenda

Veerle said...

Love your cards Maureen. Such lovely images. Hugs Veerle x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning, love the colours and gorgeous additional beauties.xxx

The Journey is the Start

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards MO, sweet images and your colours are so lovely. Terrific layering and papers, fab design too, hugs Kate x

jimlynn said...

Great idea on getting the rub-ons off and repositioned. Love both of these cards! That's so nice that the first one reminds you of the grand children all dressed up for the holidays. Both are lovely.
Lynn

Bonnie said...

Both of these have such adorable images, Mo! And you've dressed them up beautifully!

Sally H said...

Two real cuties, Maureen! So pretty! Love them both!

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are both beautiful Mop, I love the images and the colours.
Kevin xx

Pia S said...

Two really cute cards! The sprigs are so decorative and I love your choice of traditional colors.
I love LOTV images for the same reason as you love these, the little LOTV boys look so much like my two youngest nephews. They love attending formal parties, like christenings and weddings, because then they can dress up in suits and ties. I remember the youngest, aged 2 or 3 then, when I wanted to add a napkin around his neck before eating, He kindly declined because he already had one (an Armani tie!!!)

mamapez5 said...

You sound like me, using up little bits that only just fit. I can identify with the dimensional problems too. the Spanish post office is much stricter than the one in UK, so I have to keep my cards as flat as possible. I love the images and how you related them to your little ones. Lovely! Kate x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Both of these are just lovely. I really love the embellies. Let me give you my address and you can send one of these to me...lol Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

LesleyG said...

Delightful cards with stunning detail. That rub-on straightening sounds a bit of a challenge! xxx

Kathleen said...

Two brilliant cards with great images and love the Trad. colours.

Kath x

Mary Jo said...

You have done so many wonderful cards for Christmas!

debby4000 said...

Such a fabulous Christmas cards, adorable image and love all the details.
luv
Debby

rachel said...

these r so pretty maureen. lovely cards. hugs rachel xx

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Mo, I love your adorable toppers and lovely traditional Christmas colours.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Maureen they are really pretty..huggles Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
2 very beautiful Rudolf cards.
These images are so cute, and if that's how your grandchildren look at Christmas I', not surprised you used them.
I think all children love to dress up,
so do my great grandchildren too.
Fab designs and wonderful papers too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Elizabeth said...

Two really pretty cards, Maureen. The images are lovely. Elizabeth xx

Jean said...

Lovely cards, I love the cute images and you have embellished them beautifully.
Jean x

April said...

These are the cutest images and such lovely cards! Great job! xo

Greta said...

Great cards, Maureen! The first one is an all-time favorite! Love the fancy cut-out piece & every element is wonderful! Thanks for the tip about how to fix stickers & rub-ons.

Carol L said...

These images are so adorable and the cards you made are perfectly sweet! I really like the candy-striped paper with that decorative die cut border too! Nice!

Tracy said...

These are wonderful! I love those added sprigs of greenery and the fun cupcake topper you used on the first card. Great card designs. Hugs!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wonderful work Mo you are getting there too... well done you!! Shaz in oz.x

Di said...

Really fab cards Mo! LOTV are the best aren't they - and I do so love that you peeled those corners down for posting :)

Hugs, Di xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards, beautiful toppers and very pretty detailing.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Twinks Stamping said...

Lovely cards Mo, the LOTV images are really lovely x

Erika said...

I love both your cards Mo. Fab Christmas scenes and great colour combos, loving the add of glitter too.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great cards. You certainly have the talent to work with your limited supplies on hand. I love that there is a "fix" for wonky rub ons. I'm going to have to remember this. I love that you are using up very old stash. It puts me to shame.

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous images and super finished cards, I love these... 14, that's a quite a lot :D Very well done :D Gay x

Mrs A. said...

Another 2 great cards. You keep saying you don't have much stock at the lakes but you always manage to pull off some cracking cards with what you have got. hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

You know how I adore these LOTV images. They are so very pretty and you've used them to great effect on each of these cards. Each is lovely and I am impressed by the cupcake trim. You are the queen of innovative ideas, as this is so very pretty on that card. Thanks for the good 'save' tips. I'd be afraid to mess with the 't' and would just call it 'whimsy', cause if I tried to fix it, I'd make a bigger mess. Great job and some wonderful snippety bits too. TFS & Hugs too.

Sarn said...

Hi Mo

I'm playing catch up after returning from holiday - hence the late comment!

Aww . . .really adorable LOTV topper cards here.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs Willis said...

Adorable Rudolph cards, and love how it reminds you of your grandchildren!
Debs x

Tracy said...

Such an adorable card.
Love the sweet image :)
Great tip with the rub on.