Here is a close up of that poinsettia made with the Tim Horton coffee sleeves. This shot shows how much I loaded up on the stickles! It is Christmas after all.
As the stickles dried, they made the pointed edges of the petals separate from the backing of the sleeve and sort of curt upwards ever so slightly. At first I thought I had ruined them, but then I grew to love it as it adds extra depth. When I tilted the card to show the sparkle, it made the poinsettia look all washed out. In real life, the red of the poinsettia does match the patterned background paper. The stamped "Merry" however, is a slightly different red...(
I have ten base cards made up with the two strips of patterned paper already attached and the Merry square stamped, die punched and assembled onto the cards already. I used an assortment of colours from this patterned paper line .I just need to sort the poinsettia depth problem and I can get them all finished off tomorrow.
I kept the inside quite plain. Just stamped the sentiment straight to the card. I am amazed that I got it level! Whew!
Just need to roll off the poinsettias and have a field day chalking 50 little pieces of coffee sleeves...a job I can almost predict will end in me losing one tiny piece! I think I will cut and chalk one extra set just to be sure. Then I will have it ready to throw together for an emergency card.
Card base - 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock from my stash
Design paper - 2 strips from my stash (originally from a patterned paper pad)
Card stock - snippets from my stash
Stamp - Stampin' Up
Punch - Martha Stewart
Flower - poinsettia cut from Tim Hortons coffe sleeves
Ink - Memento red, brown; edges inked with Chalk ink chestnut roan
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - Must use snippets- All the pieces on this card are snippets. The patterned paper is leftover from previous years cards. The poinsettia is made from coffee sleeves. The Merry stamp was already done and assembled from previous years.
2. Stamping for Pleasure - Must be Christmas theme.
3.Little Clare's Designs - Christmas
4.Hiding in My Craftroom - Christmas
5. Shopping Our Stash - #79 Odds and Ends - I will finallay be using up these card bases with the two strips of patterned paper already affixed. They have been in the cupboard for over a year. They were the base for a previous years card and this will be using up the last of them.
6. Lexie's Creations - Christmas
7. The Paper Girls - Xmas or Winter
8. Scrap-Creations - Merry Christmas
9. Tuesday Throwdown - Lots of layers -The poinsettia has 5 layers inclusive of the leaves.
10.Forever friends Glitter and Sparkle - The poinsettia is stickled from top to toe. The patterned paper is glittered,.
11.Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Christmas is coming