Sunday 17 August 2014

Warm Wishes Round II - Card 9

I have had these adorable mice coloured up since last year. I have been trying to purge some of my older wooden stamps, but this one from Great Impressions made the cut to stay. Thought it was about time I let these little fellas out to play.

Covered my card base with Best Creations Merry Christmas Glitter DP and then added a strip of striped Best Creations (B side)  that I matted with a snippet of charcoal shimmer card. Left a bit more of the charcoal at the bottom  and punched it with a Martha Stewart border punch.

Matted my image with another snippet of charcoal shimmer card...sort of a satiny glitter. Then matted again with a snippet of  green.  Tucked a couple of Dollar Store sparkly fabric snowflakes under the image and then layered up a trio of poinsettias. I made the middle one slightly different and slightly smaller, than the other two. Now I can add 3 more to my flower ticker at the top of my blog. I have used over one hundred flowers so far this year. I have a long ways to go to meet my target of 365! Guess I had better start trawling Pinterest for more flower card ideas.

The brads are MME I Believe and were part of a RAK I won a while back from Aliwynn, a cardmaker and scrapbooker at the old Two Peas In A Bucket. To see the whole collection that I won, click here.
I was very lucky indeed.

The sentiment is from a little box of sentiments I stamped a couple of years ago. I like to take the wee scraps of copic paper leftover after I cut out images...and stamp sentiments on them right away. That way, I have sentiments ready and waiting and the colours of the white paper match!  I edged round this wee stamp with some Prima, Invild Bolme green chalk ink.

Threw on a trio of large green rhinestones to help balance the flowers and added teensy clear rhinestones randomly on the background DP snowflakes.

This was a fun card to make and I think i got caught up in the Xmas moment cuz I  caught myself humming a Christmas carol!!!

Recipe
Card base - from my stash
DP - Best Creations Merry Christmas 6x6  glitter stack (A and B sides)
Card - snippets of green DP and charcoal shimmer card
Stamp  - Great Impressions F179
Sentiment stamp - not sure...might be Stampin" Up
Snowflakes - fabric ones from my stash
Flowers - Scrapbook Sally poinsettias
Brads - My Minds Eye, I believe
Bling - green diamonds and teeensy clear diamonds from my stash
Ink - Memento black,  Copics, and Prima, Invild Bolme green chalk ink

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Marks Finest Papers Christmas Card Club - must be Christmas
3. Sweet Stamping - Christmas In August
4. Graph' it Colour Challenge - furry stuff
5. Sister Act Challenge - Anything goes

34 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,a fabulous image and details.xxx

Veerle said...

Wow what a great prize and a lovely card, cute image.
Greetings from Veerle

aussie aNNie said...

awesome creation, love the image and colours used.x
The Journey is the Start

Pia S said...

Love the layout of your card and how you arranged those snowflakes and poinsettias. And all that sparkle! Wow!

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Maureen, love the image and your paper is fantastic, Your flowers and colouring are just perfect, hugs Kate x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful card. The image is adorable and love the papers. The flowers and snowflakes are perfect finishing touch. Susan xx

Sue said...

Love this Mo!! that stamp is so cute so gorgeous .huggles from us all here Sue xxxxxxxxxx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous Christmas card Mo, such an adorable image and I love your gorgeous Poinsettias.
Pauline
x

505whimsygirl said...

What a cute card. I can see why the stamp made the cut to stay! All the elements are great - the paper, the snowflakes and the rhinestones! I can see why you were humming a Christmas carol! tee hee

I should weed out my stamps too. I get caught up at the $1.00 bin at Michaels so have some fun ones that didn't cost much.

Hugs,
Kay

Tracy said...

This image is so cute :) You coloured up these little cuties perfectly :)
Love the added sparkle with the snowflakes.
Great count with your flowers :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

How adorable Mo, I love this...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Erika said...

Hi Mo, love your image, so cute wee mouses.
Great traditional colours for your Christmas card and loving the poinsettias...my favourite winter flower.
Hope all is well with you?

Hugs Erika. x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Mo, it's perfect for the festive season.

Warm hugs
Maarit

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mo this is absolutely gorgeous that image is a pure delight, the papers, design and bling look superb.
hugs
lorraine x

Hettie said...

Aw what a sweetie stamp and glad you have kept it.
You have made a super cute card Mo.
Bootiful Honey.
xxx

Liz said...

What a cute stamp! Gorgeous card! x

Carol L said...

How cute are those dangling meeces? Adorable card!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Mo, I love it! Thanks for joining in with us at Graph'It colour challenge, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Those mice are too cute and the card is gorgeous!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card, love the mice and your wonderful poinsettia's! Hope everything has been well with you and I am now going to take a tour of your site to see what all I have missed!
hugs
Glenda

Di said...

Oh Mo - this is just fabulous! The image is a darling, definitely a keeper, and the way you designed and put the card together flows so beautifully. Tops marks!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Hi Mo! WHAT, no hedgehogs in Canada? They're smallish prickly creatures that are nocturnal - if they come out during the daytime it usually means they're unwell and need help. They hibernate from late Autumn until the Spring. Usually in piles of Autumn leaves and sometimes in proper hedgehog houses, which we'll be trying this year.

Here's a link to a post and some real life photos I have on my blog:

http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/mission-of-mercy-takes-priority.html

That post shows clearly the size of these adorable little creatures. Sadly though, 'Harriet' as I called her, didn't survive after we took her to the animal rescue centre - she was too ill to save and died during the night :( There are a couple of posts after that one I linked above explaining what happened.

And yes, I cried for days afterwards!!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Di again

Spike the hedgehog has a wide variety of noises. First of all he chinks his feeding dish around, he also bumps the little plastic table he use as a cover so we hear that too. We feed him dry food and if you get close enough before he runs away you can hear him crunching. Also, and this is probably where the name comes from, they grunt like little piggies :) Very loudly if courting!!

xx

LesleyG said...

Cute mice, and I love that charcoal shimmer - really makes it all pop, and all those rhinestones too! xxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a sweet Christmas card. Great idea to tuck those snowflakes under the image. I would be tempted to cut them in half to make them go further!
(I'm a Yorkshire lass - we like to get our money's worth!!!).
Caroline xxx

Tracy said...

A prefect combo for Christmas. Cute mice, traditional red and green, snowflakes, and some glitz and glimmer. Fantastic card! Hugs!

Debs Willis said...

What a sweet image and a great Christmas card!
Debs x

Sue - said...

Lovely Christmas card. I do like to see traditional red and green.

Jean said...

A gorgeous christmas card, I love the bright red christmas paper and of course the little mice are adorable. The poinsettias make a beautiful embellishment.
Jean x

MaryH said...

Love it! That image is darling...beautifully colored. I'm loving all these beautiful mats, with the stripes tucked in as a border. Absolutely loved your bargain snowflakes hidden away amidst the pretty poinsettias. Great card Miss Maureen. TFS & Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

This card is precious! Love those mice (and your great coloring). What a great Christmas card. Hugz!

Rachel said...

So cute! Love your image.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Unknown said...

Love your card ,it so pretty .Thanks for joining us at Fur and feather challenge http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
Susan DT member

Claire said...

Such a cute card, those mice are adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx