Sunday 10 August 2014

Christmas Card Club - Anything But A Card - Round II - Project 5

This fortnight was Lizzie at Verity Cards turn to chose the theme. When I read it was Anything But A Card, I knew what I wanted to make.

This Christmas I plan to give a couple of gifts where the card and the gift bag match. Here is my first  Christmas gift bag this year. I will save the matching card for another post, after all this is an "Anything But A Card" challenge!


Gift bags are fun to make as you have such a larger surface to arrange your elements on. This bag is the last one from a Dollar Store set of three. The image is a topper from Wild Rose Studio, Bluebell At Christmas.


The large glittered snowflake button (at the top left of the bag) with the bit of silver cord tied through it, is my VOS item. I do not even know how old this is...had it forever it seems. At least 5 or 6 years methinks.  The smaller snowflake perched on the silver bow at the bottom of the card is also VOS. Much, much older...I am thinking maybe 10 years old!

The silver cord came from a garage sale...12 yards on a spool for 75 cents. I was pleased to find that bargain. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the bottom of the kraft card. I think it might be called Cherish.  I am trying to make an effort to use a different punch or die on my projects, as I have a bit of a habit of reaching for the tried and true.

This gift bag will be for a family member who always chooses such lovely thoughtful presents for us.
 I want her present and the presentation to be special this year!

Recipe
Bag - from my stash (originally from the dollar store
DP - AC Merry Mint
Card Stock - snippets of kraft, and red Bazzil card
Image - Wild Rose Studio Topper; Bluebell at Christmas
Punch - Martha Stewart border punch...I think it is Cherish
Embellishments - snowflake button and snowflake embelly from my stash
Cord - silver cord from my stash  (originally from a garage sale

I am entering this gift bag into the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card Club - Anything But A Card
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

31 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is a GREAT idea! I have a box full of old Christmas cards! Now, all I need are some bags. Thanks for the idea!
Love that snowflake button and the gold cording. That was really a good price you paid at the yard sale too.
Very cute and creative!
Lynn

Greta said...

What a sweet gift bag! Love that you found just the right project for those pretty snowflake buttons!

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,a great bag.xxx

Planetsusie said...

What a beautiful gift bag Maureen, I love those images! I also love reading about all your little bargains that you get from the Dollar Store and a Garage Sale as well!! I can just picture you searching for crafty items! Brilliant creation.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx (and Graham)

Do hope your knee is well on the way to being less painful for you - take care on those stairs!!!

dutchess said...

fabulous gift bag...it really makes a giftspecialwhen its been made with such love! xxxx

Jo said...

Love your gift bag, that image is just adorable & the glittery snowflake is fab!I have a stash of these bags just waiting to be used.... thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs Jo x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Maureen a gorgeous bag, love the topper. What a good idea to make matching cards and bags - if only I was that organised!! Susan x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous Christmas gift bag Mo, I love your rich colours and adorable image.
Pauline
x

Erika said...

What a beautiful gift bag Mo, you are so going to be organised this Christmas.

Hugs Erika.

I won't be!

Carol said...

A gorgeous bag Maureen, love the image and your fab snowflake buttons. The recipient will be thrilled with this. Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful gift bag which I am sure your family member will be so pleased to receive as it's handmade. Great to also use some of your old stash, always a good feeling, must see what I can incorporate in my latest project to use up some of mine, lol.
Lorraine

Dr Sonia S V said...

How sweet your card looks-- Especially like the glittery snowflake
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Maureen,

What a cute gift bag. I love the little deer.

I kept my cards from last year and plan to recycle them into something. Thanks for giving me an idea!

Hugs,
Kay

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous gift bag Mo, I love the adorable image and the snowflakes with the twine.
Kevin xx

Carol L said...

I love the gift bag idea, and that snowflake looks perfect! You're so ahead of the Christmas rush I feel envious! LOL

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous gift bag, love it.

Kath x

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Mo. I too like making these at Christmas, especially for multiple small gifts or those of an awkward shape!
You have done a grand job.
Hugs
xx

Veerle said...

This is very cute !
Greetings, Veerle x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mo sorry to hear that you have hurt your knee I know how painful that can be, just keep taking the deep breaths, lol. Mo I love this little beauty such a wonderful way to give a gift to someone special, that image is adorable.
hugs
lorraine x

Karen Petitt said...

Absolutely fabulous Mo! Love your red bag - so very perfect for Christmas and what a fab idea to match the card and the wrapping/gift bag - thank you for the inspiration Karen xx

Mrs A. said...

A fabulous makeover. I love all the red and the snowflake button looks perfect. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

Gorgeous gift bag Mo! I love it lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Irene said...

Hello Mo,

What a fabulous bag makeover, I love the image and snowflake button. Just perfect for your family member.

luv
irene
xxxx

Di said...

Brilliant gift bag Mo! Now you have me thinking about making a few here too. How funny though, I also have the same large snowflake buttons in my stash here - quite a long way from where you live! :)

I spotted that Karen used the same idea for your CCC Challenge. Great minds and all that :)

Hugs, Di xx

Pia S said...

This is soooo pretty, Maureen! I struggle with large spaces (and small ones), but that's perhaps because I try to decorate every inch. This looks beautiful with all that untouched space and the detail of the string.

Sarn said...

Beautiful little bags Mo. xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Mo this is gorgeous, love the colour of the bag and the Bluebelle image is so sweet, this will be a hit for Christmas, hugs Kate x

Jean said...

Lovely gift bag Mo,I like the lacy border punch you used, and the snowflake embellishments.
Jean x

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is such a wonderful bag Mo. I love it...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

rachel said...

a super bag Maureen - sorry its taken so long to get here! Hugs rachel xx

Peanut said...

Eeeek! What a cute bag, Maureen! LOVE this idea!. So sorry I’m late commenting. Have a lovely weekend!
hugs, Asha