Monday 11 August 2014

Mitchy Matchy Round II - Card 6

I made a card to match the gift bag I showed yesterday. Not completely matching, as the matching paper was up at the lake...but matching enough that it goes.



It is another Wild Rose Studio, Bluebell topper. Kept it very simple. Just matted with a snippet of green card and then used the last scraps of it to punch two tags for the sentiment. Luckily I had some Kaisercraft rub ons that fit the tags exactly! Saves hauling stamps back and forth.


Not sure the name of the designer paper as it is now up at the lake. It was bought just before my consumables freeze.  I must try to remember my friends neat organizing trick. She jots down particulars on a post it note and sticks it inside the card.  Things like the name of the die, the DP, etc. Great idea, I say!

Just added a few green rhinestones, the silver cord and dangling the tags.  (I did not have a teensy hole punch with me, so I threaded a needle and sewed the tags  on)

Recipe
Card Base - from my stash
DP - Studio Calico Winter Wonderfland 6x6 pad
Card Stock - snippets of green
Cord - silver cord from my stash
Bling - green diamonds from my stash
Punches - Martha Stewart tiny tag punch

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Marks Finest Papers Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper
4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - must be Christmas
5. Simon Says Stamp - Sparkle (there is a row of green diamonds across the bottom of my card and my bag has glittered buttons)

22 comments:

May said...

Gorgeous gift set, Love the sweet Christmas image..The colours Red & Green are perfect...Beautiful work... Hugs May x x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is really pretty Maureen, love the set together. I am really going to have to make some! I have a notebook and I jot down (usually) the details in as I make the card. This is really helpful as for DT cards I can sometimes do them weeks ahead of time and without that I am peering at my screen trying to remember what I used!! Susan x

Annie said...

That image is just so cute. Thanks for commenting on my blog - I hadn't thought of the 'hippy' look but now i can't think of anything else - yep definitely 'flower power'. Those were the days my friend.
Ann xxx

Irene said...

Hello Mo

A brilliant matching card. Just beautiful.

luv
irene
xxxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, fabulous image and details.xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely card to go with the gift bag from yesterday.
Lorraine

Carol said...

Perfect accompaniment for the bag Maureen, love the paper and little tags. Carol x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Mo, I like this image and the tags.
Kevin xx

Veerle said...

Lovely cards !
Sorry for my late visit but I have had internet problems.
Still have but it's a bit better.
Hugs Veerle x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Mo, it's adorable! :)

hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

Di said...

Brilliant Mo - a perfect pair now! Someone's going to be delighted at Christmas. The post it idea is great - I do jot thing on a slip of paper and promptly lose the slip! Post its are the way to go! :)

Hugs, Di xx

Erika said...

Mo I love your matching card, a perfect combination and the tags are so cute.

Hugs Erika. x

Pia S said...

The card matches the gift bag perfectly! The green paper you've used for panelling picks up the green of the DP on the bag, and the red DPs the card matches the main color of the gift bag. I often forget to plan for a sentiment (same as you with ribbons), but with tags they're easier to fit.
It's a beautiful set, I'm sure whoever will receive this will love it!

jimlynn said...

The card, which is fantastic, goes perfect with the bag! VERY cute and pretty. Love the tags on the card.
Lynn

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love it.

KAth x

Veerle said...

I took your advice into account and joined in at Simon says stamp.
Thanks, Veerle x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous gift set Mo, so sweet and I love the cute tags.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Sue - said...

Adorable gift set.

Hettie said...

Bootiful Mo. Great match to your bag. Those little green tags are adorable.
Hugs
xx

Carol L said...

Such a cute bag & card set, and I love how you tied the sentiment tags on the side!

Greta said...

Wow--really lovely, Maureen!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for August and my Patterned Paper August challenge - hope to see you again soon x