Friday 15 August 2014

Summertime Butterflies Round II - Card 8

Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge currently has a theme of Summer Butterflies. I thought I would play with my Memory Box dies, and see what I could manage to make.

The patterned paper used here is very special to me. It is from the summer collection by Maja Designs and I won both the Spring and the Summer Collection last year, in a Maja Designs blog candy. It is the most lovely paper to work with. It has a fabulous distressed look to each sheet that I just love, and the papers are a great weight as they are also double sided.

The books are 6x6 and they have so many pages in them..120 pages in total. Here is a photo of my wonderful prize! You can expect to see me using many more of these pretty papers...

Now, onto my card...The floral page I chose for the background is the A side and the bits of rose coloured dotty paper is the B side of my page.
 I cut the Memory Box Thank You Extravaganza die from snippets of teal card and then handcut the dotty piece to fit behind. I hand cut a second backing with another snippet of teal card,  just to help it stand out a bit more. In retrospect, I wish I had skipped the dotty paper and just used cream card but a DP laid is a DP played...or at least it is, once it is glued down!!!


I then cut 2  MB Madiera Corner Dies and layered them on the card. I used glue dots sparingly on the top layer as I wanted it to have a bit of movement left to it. A couple of teensy diamonds and the corner was done. Now, onto the butterfly...

I cut the Kaleidoscope butterfly from the same teal, and  cut the butterfly backing piece from the same dotty paper that is behind the sentiment die.
Here is a little close up...hopefully the butterfly and the corner piece look like they are floating in the breeze!

I



No recipe tonight as this is a simple card and I have already told you those details!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. The Butterfly Challenge - #12 Summertime butterflies, hopefully a butterfly lighting down on roses in full bloom is summery enough!
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper
3. Marks Finest Papers Inspirational Challenge - The fancy chandelier contrasted against the wood walls (which look a bit pinkish in the photo) made me think of this fancy Thank you die.

24 comments:

Sharon said...

You are a lucky lady winning these fabulous papers. They are gorgeous and I love the pattern you have used on your fabulous card. Love the die cuts.
Happy Friday.
Hugs Sharon. x

Doreen said...

Love the fab papers,a gorgeous card.xxx

Hettie said...

Gosh Mo. This is so pretty. I love the colours too. My kind of palette right now.
Hugs
xx

Jo said...

Lovely make Maureen, so soft & pretty & fab papers too! Love the die cut butterfly, it's so pretty & definitely looks like its fluttering by!I recently used the Memory Box butterfly die you sent for Rebecca on a mixed media canvas I made for her room.....not sure if I dare share it yet though as it's my 1st attempt! Hope you're well!
hugs Jo x

Carol L said...

Beautiful papers and colors, and I love all the gorgeous detail work! NJ!

Erika said...

Oo teal, my favourite colour. Great dies too, love the butterfly.
As for those papers, scrummy, I look forwards to seeing what you make with them.
Enjoy your weekend Mo, hugs Erika. x

Mrs A. said...

Your butterflies do indeed look as if they are fluttering. I love the paper pad and think the dotty paper looks perfect as Is. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous card Maureen, love the beautiful papers. You are so lucky to win those, I have a few of them but can only rarely bring myself to use them! Susan x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, your card is so pretty, the papers are gorgeous, beautiful dies and design too, hugs Kate x

Debs Willis said...

I can see why you love those papers, the colours are gorgeous. Love what you did worth them
Hugs
Debs x

Darnell said...

Beautiful, Maureen! What an awesome design for that gorgeous paper!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Pia S said...

You lucky girl, Maja Design papers are my favorites because they're so easy to combine and they work well for any type of design. I tend to use them a lot especially for vintage and nautical designs. The MB sentiment die I have too, but I haven't used it yet. It was quite a bit larger than I imagined, the good thing though is that it's perfect for a sentiment only design.
Nice work!

Veerle said...

It took a while before I finally got here. I am catching up with visiting blog posts since I had a dreadfull busy week. (unfortunatly not craft wise)
Your card is gorgeous, nice colors.
Have a nice weekend, hugs, Veerle x

MagsB said...

Wow, what fabulous die-cuts! And the paper is absolutely gorgeous, too, what a wonderful prize to win!

love Mags B x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Mo, your papers are so pretty - you were really lucky to win them, I love your delicate die cut details.
Pauline
x

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is so lovely and elegant and congrats on the beautiful paper you have won! I see what you mean - it is stunning. The die cuts you have used add elegance to your already lovely card! Thanks for joining us at SPeedyTV's Inspiration Challenge and hope to see you again soon!!

Greta said...

Those papers are beautiful--such a great prize & you've used it beautifully for this stunning card, Maureen!

Carol L said...

In response to your comment on the horse card I posted today.... One of my followers shared this link for d/l the image! I love my readers :)


http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/63200/63248/63248_bw-horses.htm

Tracy said...

The papers are beautiful, congrats on the win :)
Your card is so pretty, I really like the die cuts :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Lucky you....I love your wonderful card and the colors. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the corner and hopefully I will use mine after seeing yours. Love the paper. Lucky you, that was a great win. Thank you for joining us for the Speedy TV inspiration challenge.

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely papers Maureen - your prize pack was a treat! Love the die cuts and colors on this. Great job on the card. Thanks for sharing it with us in the MFPSpeedyTV Inspiration Challenge! Hugz and good luck!

MaryH said...

Another beauty. I have to disagree with you on the pink dotty paper, as I think it looks very nice behind the teal sentiment, and with the delightful delicate rose pattern (for which I am a sucker! Love these tiny roses). Adding the teal mat behind the pink really made both the sentiment and the contrast of the pink stand out very nicely I thought. Looks great on the butterfly too. This is lovely, Maureen. Well done! TFS & Hugs

Hazel said...

Beautiful make. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x