Thursday 12 December 2013

The last of my Falling into Fall cards

I hope you are not too tired of when I mention using up VOS (very old supplies)...because I have another VOS card. When I was packing for that recent crop, I found all sorts of things I had forgotten. One of them was a tag from maybe 10 or even 15 years ago.

I think the tag came from some kind of make and take...it is so old that I can't remember anymore. I think that is funny as some of you know that I have a brain injury from a car accident about 5 years ago. Starting this blog was part of my recovery as I have problems with my memory "in the moment". Usually I can remember things from the past quite clearly...it is in the daily aspects of life that I still have memory problems with. That is why I often write on blog comments that I am going to try their particular technique, or their particular style of folded card.....and then I promptly forget!!!

Sorry about the waffling,,,now...on with my card. The glue had dried up on this tag and the elements had fallen off. There were 2 or 3 punched leaves with bits of dried up glue in the bottom of the envelope with the tag, and that was that.

I remembered that I had a fall quote (also VOS) and some DP of a fall leaves line, so I dug that out and fussy cut some leaves from it. I needed to place them exactly where they were before as I was stuck with the sort of discoloured marks from old dried up glue...and needed to cover them up. 'Nough said!

I cut and matted some of the design papers and roughed up the edges with the blade of my scissors.
The tag had already set the colour scheme so I went with matching colours. Hopefully the DP is strong enough so that the card does not look too boring.

As part of my commitment to use up some of my ribbon collection, I left the top of the tag a bit free from the card so I could tie some ribbon through the loop. I tried several ribbons. A couple of different shades of velvet, a rust organza, and finally some jute. They all looked odd on the tag.
I think it is because the tag is so big and the distance from the hole to the edge of the tag is quite large. In the end, I decided to glue a twine bow into the hole at the top of the tag...probably a good idea as this card is going overseas and I want it to go for standard postage.
Although I did pop some of the leaves forward, I think (hope) it is still flat enough to fit through the tester slot.

Recipe - All items are from my stash
Card base and envelope - 5  1/2 inch square textured white card
DP - Forever in Time; Autumn Art
Card Stock - snippets of rust card
Quote - My Minds Eye; Autumn Tiny Tales Frames, this quote is also VOS
Twine - fine coloured jute type twine
Tag - VOS

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets



20 comments:

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous fall card, your papers are gorgeous and I love the distressed feel you have created - your fussy cut leaves are perfect.
Pauline
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Mo, I like the tag the papers and the leaves.
Kevin xx

Carol said...

Lovely autumnal creation Maureen. So glad to hear I'm not the only one with a wonky memory!! Carol x

Sue said...

Hi Maureen this card is really great I love the words on the tag lots of huggles Sue xx

Karen Petitt said...

I would never be bored with your creations made from VOS. I think we all have loads of VOS and old stamps but I create very differently these days to what I did when I first started yet I still won't recycle all of my old stuff so it will be used, albeit slowly. I also think that there are a lot of crafters who craft for health reasons, I never knew that about you huni so thank you for being braving and sharing have a lovely Christmas xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your recreation of the tag, the fabulous sentiment and gorgeous leaves. A great card.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Redanne said...

Hi Maureen, what a joy to see this on your blog. I absolutely love this gorgeous card and it looks even more beautiful in real life! The sentiment really did give me a giggle after my recent and unfortunate fall! Thank you for making me smile about it... Hugs, Anne x

Lori said...

So pretty with all the leaves and fall color!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful Mo...I love this fall card and I am so jealous that you are using up scraps. I need to do that...Hugz, joann

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous card Maureen and great use of the tag. Hugs Christine xx

Darnell said...

Sensation snippets card, Maureen! I really like the twine bow you ended up with!! And we won't get tired of your VOS. I plan to keep using NBUS, as well, since it never ends! Hugs, Darnell

Rebecca said...

Hi ScrappyMo i hope you OK! Sorry i haven't been commenting on you blog recently I've just been doing lots of Christmassy things! Anyway i really like your card! I love Autumn colours and your blend of them colours are amazing!

Love From Rebecca xx

Pia S said...

I never get tired of your fall themed creations or your mentioning of using up your VOS. It always reminds me of how I should be a good girl and use my own dusty stuff and leftovers:)
What a lovely fall sentiment and beautiful color scheme, and the card is so nicely decorated with leaves in various colors.

Di said...

Oh wow Mo, what a fabulous Autumn card. I love how the leaves pop out and the sentiment is lovely.

Time to write up the snippets playground here - whoosh, that was me running off :)

Hugs, Di xx

Pat said...

Rich autumnal shades Mo. I think we should all be looking through our old stuff occasionally to see what's lying at the back of a cupboard. That tag was really worth resurrecting as it's made a lovely card. x

Hettie said...

Lovely card Mo. Well done for using up all your VOS and Snippets here.
Not long got back from my friend's where I took only snippets, card blanks, some dies and stamps. I managed 20 cards all from Snippets. Gosh that feels good!
Hugs
xx

Sandy said...

Such a beautiful Autumn card. Winter is here now in our mountains but still on the warm side with lots of rain. I want snow!!
Sandy

Tracy said...

Great card, and so neat that you used a project from years ago and repurposed it :)

MaryH said...

Never tire of enjoying the pretty cards you make, and I love the Fall motif you've had going. I'm admiring that you are using up some of this VOS...and you put it to good use here. Lovely card and you're ahead for next fall season. Now I've not had any brain injuries (that I know of!LOL) and I do the same thing with these techniques, so don't feel too bad! I even go to classes, come home, put the supplies away. Find a few weeks later and can't remember the how-to.Merry Christmas, Miss Mo, and enjoy your C & P & give 'em a big hug from me! TFS