Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas Card Club - Oh Christmas Tree

The lovely Dawn chose the theme of Oh Christmas Tree for our challenge this fortnight. It was a great theme...I do not have a single tree stamp so this theme encouraged me to ink and colour a stamp I have never used before.
I have been trying hard this year to finally create with some of my never before used stash (NBUS) and it was a good feeling to get this inked up and put to use. After pawing through my Christmas stamps, I realized that I seem to own a lot of getting the tree images!  lol

I am in full standard postage mode now...all my hand delivered cards are made and I am now making my cards for overseas. I checked this one through my new mail width tester and it fits! This was a gift and I am so very grateful for it. It is so nice to make a card and test it as you are creating...it is so easy to adjust your design with this special gadget. It was a gift from a special friend...you know who you are, and I just wanted to say thank you so much again!

There is no official recipe tonight as DH turned 60 today and we have been out for a lovely supper and celebrations. I am a wee bit sleepy now!
I started with a square textured card and envelope, and added two snippets of dotted MME design papers.  The image is a bit on the large side so in order to fit the largish corner dies on my card, I did not mat the image. I think it is the first time that I have not matted one and I must say it felt weird. I inked the edges quite liberally with an Ingvild Bolme red chalk ink to try to mimic a mat. I love this product! It has the cutest handle built in and the ink dries immediately...no smudges on your fingers!

I added a Martha Stewart border strip...for those of you that know my name, this border is quite appropriate for me! I added the two Spellbinder Parisian corner dies and a cluster of Impression Obsession Snowflakes. Placed a few aqua tiny diamonds here and there to tie in that pretty blue from the MS border. Not sure about the sentiment...might be Stampin Up...will check it tomorrow.

I can not decide if I should stickle the snowflakes and the edge of the image. I usually do as it is Christmas after all, but something about this image felt a bit rustic. What do you think...let me know if you think I should go back and add it...
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets; Everything on this card is a snippet
2. CHNC Extra - Anything Goes, must be Christmas
3. MFP Speedy TV Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
4. Christmas Card Club - Oh Christmas Tree

27 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so cheerful. Love the cute image with a vintage feel.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Gibmiss said...

Hello
this is a fabu7lous image ...so sweet.....
gorgeous ....
Enjoy your day...
Hugs SYLVIE XX

dutchess said...

I like the rustic look Maureen...but Ihave to admit to being a glitter girl!....lovely image and super colours xxxxx

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous card Mo, cute image, the snowflakes are stunning. Sleep well xx

cotnob said...

This is adorable, such a sweet image.
Pauline
x

Liz said...

What a lovely card. Love the image!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet image! I'm glad it finally saw some ink! It is a bit rustic/folksy and I think it's perfect as is!

Hazel said...

Happy birthday to hubby. Love your darling card for the CCC challenge and also thank you for sharing it for my CHNC challenge extra for December x

Carol L said...

I love the old-fashioned image and snowflakes! I'd leave them just as they are! The bling adds all the sparkle you need:)

Pia S said...

I didn't realize you hadn't matted your image until I read about it - the inky edges certainly give your image a "matted feel". That's a great idea for making a "shortcut" and also for giving your card a lighter weight. I cut papers that are hidden behind panels and images to make my cards lighter and to stretch my crafting supplies.
Your card has a lovely image and beautiful colors - really sweet!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Mo, I like the image, the colours and the design.
Kevin xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just beautiful Maureen thanks for popping over and cheering me up no end, love Shaz in oz.x

Tracy said...

Your card is stunning!
I love the colours, the image and the embellishments…okay I love the whole card.
Happy BDay to your hubby.
Dinner out is always wonderful :)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable.
luv
Debby

nwilliams6 said...

What a great vintage card! Great mix of papers and colors. Love your red and white snowflakes. Well done and super cute! Hugz!

Peanut said...

It's one of those card that the more you look the more you see. There are so many lovely touches here, the snowflakes, the inked edges, the punched border and that totally adorable image... and the little birdy ....aaaaw! Hope you had a lovely time celebrating DH's birthday. Maybe one day you can join us in Fátima.
hugs, Asha

Mrs A. said...

I think your snowflakes are fab just as they are. The whole card is gorgeous and the colours look so pretty together. hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Gorgeous card Mo, and it's perfect as it is. The image and colours etc. are so country style that you don't need to schparkle up those snowflakes!

Hope Al had a lovely Birthday! AND that your back is OK?

Hugs, Di xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
super card. I love that image and your super design too. Fab snowflakes.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

This is so sweet Maureen, love the image and gorgeous colour scheme. Carol x.

Lori said...

Love your card - it's just darling! I've got you down as an early entry for Visions of Sugarplums. We're open- come on by!

Mary Jo said...

Such a sweet little card! :)

Planetsusie said...

Hi Maureen - I love your little tree! I always have a mini one in my craft room - although it is usually balanced precariously on something else! This is a cute image and there is certainly a Nordic feel to your card - beautiful!

Thanks for your kind words by the way, I will email you soon.

Lots of hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Sarn said...

Yeah . . . get the stickles out!

Cute image Mo and lovely card altogether.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

Mo, this is just so pretty, and I think the snowflakes look perfect as is! And if it's meant for a USA recipient, it's also very patriotic! The snowflake colors worked well with your theme colors. I thought your chalk inking on the image instead of a mat, was a good idea too. It created the feel of a mat, but I totally got what you meant about it feeling odd not to do one. This is an adorable image, looked like a PBlack one I have (NBUS). Wouldn't Darnell be so proud of you?! I am too. Good inspiration. TFS & Hugs

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Mo! Sorry I have not been around much as I have had lots of sickness and things going on. I am geting caught up and just wanted to say your card is lovely. Happy Birthday to your DH...Hugz, joann

Zoe Tant said...

Love your cute card and the lovely image. We're off to get our tree soon and can't wait to share the excitement with the children. Thanks for the smiles you've created with this card. Zx