Sunday 29 March 2020

Christmas Card Club - Candles

Every fortnight, the  Christmas Card Club ladies take turns choosing a theme. This fortnight  Rita at RMG Creations Blog chose the theme of candles. To see Rita;s work, just click on the hyperlink I have placed on her name and blog name. If you wish to see any of the others members work, just click on their hyperlinks that reside on my right sidebar.

My candle themed card features the Heartfelt Creations Sparkling Poinsettia Candle image and sentiment.  I must confess that I have owned this stamp for quite a while and this is the first time it has seen ink!

I stamped my image three times. I used my pencil crayons and gamsol to colour only the edges of the image on the first layer. Just enough to peek in sideways and still see the correct colours. The second layer was fully coloured and also the third layer, which features just the poinsettias. I used very thin pop dots to raise these two additional layers and even with the image having the three layers in total. it still makes the cutoff of regular postage!

The flowers and leaves received a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter, as well as the flame and the dripping wax.


I cut the image with a stitched rectangular die and matted with a thin crimson sateen card. The larger mat is gold mirri from the dollar store. The sentiment was hand cut into a circle and given the same crimson sateen for the stitched circular mat..

I placed this finished card front on many different DP backgrounds and just about gave up finding anything suitable. Finally, I remembered to look at my 12 x 12 scrapbook papers, where I found  this silver and gold glittered bit of card,  featuring the glitter in diagonal stripes In certain light it looks like silver glitter but in other light it appears gold!

The card size is 6x6 and I off centered the matted image to allow for the sentiment placement. I rather like the off centered look! The envelope was stamped using just the edges of the poinsettia, and also coloured with pencil crayons and gamsol.


31 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card - love the candle.
Kath x

Bunny said...

Both of these are absolutely lovely. [Bunny]

Christine Harrop said...

A beautiful card Maureen. This stamp is really love and I love how you have decorated the envelope. It will be a joy to receive. Christine x

dutchess said...

Beautiful card MAUREEN....I love that stamped image ...nearly used it myself , spoilt for choice on this challenge ....
Hope you are managing in these strange and uncertain times...we are keeping busy in the garden weather permitting...it’s snowing at the moment....
Take care xxxx

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with those layered elements and beautiful poinsettias! Love the overall look of this and especially with the diagonal sparkly stripes! Well done!

MagsB said...

What a gorgeous, classic card! The sparkle and shine are definitely festive!

love Mags B x

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a gorgeous image and looks so beautiful in it's 3D form Maureen.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, it's a beautifully designed card, lovely image and papers too.
Hope you and yours are keeping well and safe Kate x

Greta said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous card, Maureen! The coloring & design are outstanding! Hope you & your family are doing well at this troubled time. Sending hugs, Greta

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
oh that candle stamp is gorgeous and you have coloured it perfectly too.
I bet the glitz look very gorgeous in real life pity it never shows up on photos.
Great matt and layering also the colours are very fab too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card, I do love the image and design. Take care and have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Linda xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Mo, what a lovely take on the theme. Same die as Margaret, but so very different!I love the design, and you are not alone with using stuff that has never seen ink, the Tag stamp I used has never been used before, and I have no idea how many years I've had it! I think because I've never been a very confident colourer, but I'm happier with what I do since I switched to mainly using pencils,lol. Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz X

rachel said...

This is absolutely beautiful - I really love it! Hugs rachel x

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful card Maureen. Love that stamp and you have coloured it so well. Hope all good with you and you are staying well. Hugs Zoe x

Mrs A. said...

I rather like the way in which you have layered up the poinsettia. It gives a nice depth to your card.. Hope you are managing to stay safe and well in these difficult times. Each country seems to be tackling this virus in different ways. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

A really super card Maureen, love the image and your fussy cutting, lots of lovely layers, great colours and colouring.
Keep safe.

Kath x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card Mo, your candle in the poinsettia is gorgeous.
I hope you and your family are well.
Christine

Rita said...

Beautiful card and envelope Maureen. Love the Candles. Hope you are well and Staying Safe. Hugs Rita xxxx

mamapez5 said...

I have this stamp and I have used lots of times. I love it. The extra layers do enhance your image as does a but of sparkle. Kate xx

Sandra H said...

So pretty Maureen is your Christmas card love the candle and poinsettias beautifully done stay safe xx

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, your decoupaged candle is beautiful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllllllllllllllll card Maureen
Gr Karin

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is gorgeous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Maureen. It's a lovely image and I like the dimension you have achieved too. Hugs xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mo
This is a stunning card... really love it
Take Care
Hugs Sylvie xx

gwen70 said...

Stunning card and envelope, I love it. Stay safe xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card Maureen, I love the Heartfelt stamp and die set you used. It reminded me that I have this set too.

Take care and stay safe.
Sue xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious card - the candle and poinsettias are so full of detail and you've coloured them beautifully. I'll be back for some proper catching up soon. Stay safe, stay well, and happy Easter.
Alison x