Sunday 1 March 2020

Christmas Card Club - Postbox or Anything Christmas Goes

I have just returned from a two day paper crafts crop. I got lots of cards finished up and have returned home tired, but very happy and relaxed!

My card today is for the Christmas Card Club Challenge, We are a group of ladies who like to get our Christmas cards finished up well before the busy season. To that end, we take turns choosing a theme and making Christmas cards biweekly. In the event that we do not have the supplies to follow the theme, we have an option of Anything Christmas Goes.

I have chosen the Anything Goes and have made up a card from another Thrift Shop find. Quite some time ago I purchased this box of new but never opened embossed winter scene, All the coloured bits of the scene are embossed forward. The photo does not seem to show it, but the white areas just above and below the log are snow drifts.

 I cut down and matted the scene with some copper Mirri card and pop dotted that matted scene onto a hessian paper background. I broke up the piece of hessian with some fish tale type flag banners made from my Wild Rose Studio Krafty Christmas stack.


I added a copper mirri card snowflake and then placed a white shimmery fabric snowflake on top of that. A teensy diamond in the center finished it off.

Hope you enjoy this upcycled card. If you would like to learn more about our club, drop me an email at  maureenkane@telus.net.  You can check out my club mates work by clicking on the hyperlinks to the right of my blog posts.

Hope you enjoyed my upcycled Christmas card.

30 comments:

dutchess said...

A stunning card MAUREEN...love that image it so beautiful.....glad you had a great time away...xxxx

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty little card, and a great re-purpose of that great image! Loving all the copper accents too!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Bunny said...

It's a great up-cycled card. We all need to make more of those. It's really cute. [Bunny]

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous looking squirrel Maureen. Hope your having a great day and being spoiled.

Hugs Sue xx

Rita said...

Beautiful card Maureen. Love the Autumn colouring too. Hugs Rita xxx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful is your card love the image x

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful upcycled card . Love the hessian with the fish tail cuts outs topping it. Hoops to be able to enter the Rudolph challenge next time round. Life at home is just so hectic at the moment. Hugs ValeryAnne.

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful upcycled card . Love the hessian with the fish tail cuts outs topping it. Hoops to be able to enter the Rudolph challenge next time round. Life at home is just so hectic at the moment. Hugs ValeryAnne.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Maureen, I love this! The copper mat is such a perfect match for the image. Hugs, Shaz X

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Maureen, beautiful card, the image is gorgeous and such lovely colours, Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen. I hope you are having a wonderful day celebrating. Your card is lovely. I love the image you've used - those winter creatures are so cute. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great design, so creative! Love that image, too!

Linda Simpson said...

How cute, I love the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your pretty card you made. Great scene.

rachel said...

beautiful image - love this! Hugs Rachel x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kathleen said...

Such a beautiful image, lovely warm colours and a great die and design.

Kath x

Liz said...

Great card, Maureen. The banners make a lovely background for the beautiful image. xx

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, a beautiful scene and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a very lovely scene and the images are so sweet.
Great up-cycling.
Love the paper used and the wonderful colours.
Beautiful shinny snowflake also.
Sounds like you have had a fantastic time at your club.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is such an adorable image and I love the banner detail too.
Lorraine

Greta said...

Love the copper--beautiful upcycle, Maureen!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a great and cute card Maureen

gr karin

Brenda said...

Wow Maureen, I am so loving your beautiful upcycled Christmas card! The scene is just beautiful and I can imagine the embossed areas are so beautiful in real life. Your club sounds like lots of fun and a great way to get those Christmas cards done before the rush of the season. Glad you had a get time on your card making get-a-way! Hugs, Brenda

Carol L said...

If I have my records straight, I see that I'm a little late in wishing you a very happy birthday! I hope you had a great celebration and lots of fun :)

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Such a beautiful card, Maureen. Love the scene and the banners. Stunning!
Welcome to my blog as well.

Christine Harrop said...

Sorry for my tardy visit. This is a lovely card with a great image. Christine

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely card Maureen. Zoe x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such an elegantly lovely holiday season greeting. There is a timeless elegance and beauty to that sweet woodland critter image that speaks to my heart immediately.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life