Tuesday 19 February 2013

WOYWW 194 - Get 'er done

It's WOYWW time and my desk actually has some finished work on it!  I've been getting on with the goals I wrote about earlier this year.
Goals to use my stash.
Goals to make some basic birthday cards for my Little Miss C and Little Mr. P to give to their friends.
Goal to make some basic birthday cards for my daughter's to give their friends and their families.
Goals to use up some of my flowers.

Here's a shot of the desk and the wall I face as I work create.  Whoops! Looks like one of the cards from my bloggy friends fell over on that top shelf...Drat! Sorry about that...Ohhhh...I must share that the card on the far left side of my desk is from Sarn.@ Stamping for Pleasure...it has the cutest little cow riding a bicycle with 2 chooks in tow!!!

On my desktop you can see a  few cards I made this weekend...good, basic, everyday cards for the finished cards bin. Nothing too complicated, nothing too fancy...just  "get 'er done" cards. Need to make about 50 more....teehee

Here is a bit more of a close up.

The images were stamped and then later coloured, at the weekly craft nights I do with my next door neighbour. It is easy to carry a few stamps, some ink and my copics over and stamp off a few pages of  images. Another evening I will just bring the images and my pens.  On the nights she comes to my house I can just do the same...easy peasy!

 I chose some images that I though would work for 5 and even 6 year old's, and created a couple of little girl cards. I had some scalloped circles already cut out so these were really fast to make. The card bases were from a box of prefolded cards and envelopes  that I am trying to use up.

I was on a bit of a kick, so did one in more masculine colors...I am not too fond of that one. I thought the scalloped circles were too girly for a masculine card so I cut the edge of the orange scallop circle with some really old deckle edge scissors. There is just something about it that I'm not happy with...but a 6 year old little boy won't hardly look at it so...into the finished bin it goes!

The last rectangle card used a little chipboard Owl that I found on my desktop during my re-org of my room.  Rather than just put it away again, I pulled one more chipboard piece from that series and used it to frame the sentiment. I figured this one would be for a boy so I inked and roughed up the edges of the card stock with the back of my scissors. I like this little Owl card!

Lastly I made a couple of square cards for younger teen girls. I managed to use a few flowers and was quite pleased about that! Not sure that I like the pink and bright green one. I should have made the green piece narrower and I think the flower looks too "busy"!   It is done now so I will leave it and some 9 or 10 year old might like it!

After all, it was all about getting 'er done!! I do still have to stamp a birthday verse on the inside of these cards...I hope to get that done tonight.

If you liked peeking at my desk and want to see more, visit Julia @ The Stamping Ground and you can continue peeking at many, many,  busy and creative desks around the world.

I am submitting these cards to the following challenges:

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - Must use snippets...Everything on these cards is either from my older stash or the snippet bins. Some items are more than 5 years old!

50 comments:

SandeeNC said...

It feels good to be using up that stash, doesn't it? I now any time I can accomplish that makes me happy. You're well on your way to getting all your goals done! woo hoo! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Kristi said...

Your cards are pretty!! The little owl is jumping out at me:he's a cutie! Thanks for letting us see your desk:you look super organized! You are lucky to have a scrappy neighbor to craft with!

Tracy said...

Great desk and great cards :)
Yup, sometimes you just have to Get er Done ;)

MvM-design said...

You've been busy!! Nice cards
Happy Wednesday and have a creative week ;)
Hugs Marleen #18

jill said...

lovely cards & you are lucky to have a neighbour that you can get together with & craft. Happy woyww
Jill #33

peggy aplSEEDS said...

such cute colors! so satisfying to get things done, isn't it?

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Looks like you have been really busy! The cards all look adorable love the balloon stamp! x

okienurse said...

beautiful cards! I really need to get busy and make a few cause I am totally out after gifting what I had to a cards for troops group! Thanks for sharing and have a great week! Vickie #28

Helen said...

Great cards, sounds like you've been very busy! Have a great week, Helen 5

Di said...

What lovely vibrant colours! Both on your desk in the flower jars and also the beautiful snippets cards.

Of course it's fine to enter six cards at once into the Snippets Playground Mo - that counts as just one entry :) You can enter up to three times each week to win whatever is on offer as a prize :))

Happy WOYWW, hugs, Di xx #53

maureenjscott said...

Wow! your desk is super cute and soooo organised! love it!!!

Gorgeous cards on there too!
Mo xxx

Redanne said...

Well it looks like your resolve is working well, you have achieved so much on your list. It is always satisfying, I think, when you use up some older stash. Have a happy WOYWW, Anne x #37

sandra de said...

Great idea to make a stash of cards. Your desk looks so tidy.
Sandra @83

Heathers Inspiration said...

Beautiful cards and designs x
Happy WOYWW Heather # 72

JoZart Designs said...

Your desk looks so inviting and your cards are fabulous even though you call them basic ones!
Super stock!
love Jo x

ria gall said...

gosh you are being so good setting yourself these challenges and doing them. A great idea with making cards that can be used by the kids and yourself at short notice
Wishing you a very happy WOYWW
Ria #73

Tracy said...

Using up your stash is a great way of making room for new stash xx

Sarn said...

Morning Maureen . . . thanks for sharing your extraordinarily neat and organised desk. The cards you've made are just lovely . . . they all look fine to me. We are all our own harshest critics though aren't we?!

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Claire said...

you have been a busy bee!! great cards :)
happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
no. 30

Elizabeth said...

Great list of goals - all look possible too - and you've made a great start with those cards. I like the bright and cheery colours and I think they will be perfect for the age groups you mention. Have a great WOYWW. Elizabeth x #58

Caro said...

Well done for using up that stash! The cards look great. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x #65

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards! I miss scrapping with my across-the-street neighbour. We had a regular date every Thursday and I got so much done. Left to my own devices I tend to get wrapped up in whatever my current obsession is and forget to scrap. I need to figure out a way to use up the gazillion flowers I have too! :)

MA (16)

Lori said...

Great job on attacking those goals.

I love your cards and all those fabulous glass jars.

Enjoy hopping around the world today nosing into people desks.
Lori #57

Belinda said...

Oh your so good sticking to your crafty goals. I have some too but life has somehow sidelined me from many. But it's lovely to see that you are achieving yours.

Perhaps I will have to revisit my goals.

I love the cards. Very cute.

Have a blessed day!
Belinda (66)

Gibby Frogett said...

What a lovely selection of cards...great colours and designs.
Happy WOYWW Gill x #103

Tamika said...

I love setting goals it keeps me motivated!Really nice cards! Tamika #131

Laura said...

Lovely fresh coloured cards
Happy WOYWW, have a super week,
Laura 146

Monica said...

Stash become monsters so it is worth making an effort to reduce them and you sure seem to be on a roll. Great to visit your desk.

monica 125

Sue said...

OoooOOOO nice cards Maureen I need to use up some crafty stash I havent posted anything since Sunday so I better get a shift on huggles hun Sue J xxxxxxxxxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love, love, love your little and jars of colour coordinated bits and bobs. Please may I come round and rummage?? Lol! I'll be ever so quiet ...... :)
Hugs, LLJ 38 xxxx

Rossella said...

Beautiful cards and a tidy desk, you have been busy. Thank you got sharing.
Happy WOYWW
Rosie x

maureenjscott said...

thanks for the wise words re 'captcha'! I didn't realise i had it and now its gone!! Much appreciated! mo xxx

Hettie said...

Blinkin' 'eck Mo! You have alot of lickle jars sitting on your desk!!
Lovely cards you have made there. Glad you are feeling much your "normal" self!
Hugs
xx

Krisha said...

I love all your CAS cards. That is what I have spen the afternoon doing too, post them tomorrow.
Krisha #21

MaryH said...

My hat's off to you for keeping up with your goals. They were worthy ones, indeed. I LIKED ALL your cards. Not sure which one you said you didn't like for the 'boy', but I think youngsters are going to be thrilled with all of them. The bright pinks & greens are just perfect for little girls of that age...Ms C & Mr P are going to be tickled pink that you made these for them to share with their friends. TFS & your desk is SOoo tidy! Hugs

Nan G said...

Great 'gift er done' cards! Hw

Nan G said...

Meant to say....Have a great week. Happy WOYWW! Nan 7
Getting late time for sleep. My class is in the morn.

VonnyK said...

I love those cards, especially the owl. You have so many gorgeous little things in those jars, they look great.
Have a good week.
Von #62

Jules said...

Hi Maureen

What a lovely, bright array of projects.

The time at your weekly craft night is clearly very productive.

I think I might have some 5 year old snippets too LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

BJ said...

Oh dear, cold knocked me for 6 again yesterday, then computer had a problem so DH had it all evening. Super cards which reminds me I need to do my birthday thank yous. Thanks for stopping by and Happy belated WOYWW BJ#4

Juls said...

your cards look fabulous!! I need some "Get it Done" cards my stash is looking very thin, these look just brill & your crafty space looks fab!! It makes me want to come and play!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Stashbusting is a great feeling isn't it? Can't believe you're going to make another 50 little cards though! You're the third person to mention socks on my woyww post this week, only there aren't any! The knit photo is of a hat, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, you are lucky to have a crafty neighbour.
Carol.x

Mary Jo said...

I love your "git er done" cards!
They are cute!!

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Maureen,

Oh, your desk is so tranquil. I love seeing all the colors separated into different containers. Just so pretty!

And love the cards!

Thanks for visiting me already... I'll be desk hopping through the weekend.

Happy belated WOYWW
Peace, Kay #2

Mrs A. said...

Your craft space looks totally organised!!! Love the look of the plastic see through bins at the back of your desk.
p.s. just sent you a private e-mail regarding a stamp that you might like.
Hugs Mrs A.

Daniella said...

I am so sorry I'm Late!!!!!!
I love all of your cards! Like I said the other day, we are our own worst critics sometimes. I would be so thrilled to have so many cards pre made! And to have a friend to create with would be priceless!! You are a lucky lady! Ahead of the game, which is a great place to be!!
xxDaniella#104

Sue Althouse said...

What a lovely craft space you have, and some great cards on your desk!

Darnell said...

You get all the gold stars in the basket for using so many snippets and for "getting 'er done," Maureen! I'm am very, very impressed!! Your space is nothing short of card crack for stampaddicts to drool over!

Thanks for sharing at my place that you are a like-with-like stamp organizer, too. I didn't realize that I wasn't very clear on what I put them in after that, so I will do a part II next WOYWW to show all that. Thanks for the head's up!!

Keep up the good work! xxoo Darnell

Tertia said...

Love those cards and good for you, using up all the stash! Wish I could stick to that and not buy anything untill I have used what I have. I don't think I could use it in 10 lifetimes. LOL
Happy belated WOYWW!
Tertia 20