Monday 25 February 2013

Hopping along

Finished up another birthday card card today. You might be getting a little tired of this stamped image and the pink and bright green colours! Sorry about that!
I wanted to use up the last of those scraps so managed to get one more done for the finished cards bin. Feels good to create a card solely from scraps, doesn't it!

I am much happier with this one than the six I made the other day. I added a few more details, a shot of stickles and it just seemed to make a difference. I also took an extra bottom petal from the flower I layered and cut it into 12 or maybe 13 pieces (cut like pieces of pie). I then glued these on the back of the image. The intact petal was about the same size as the image circle so this then allowed me to glue each section onto the back of the flower, taking care to keep to line them all up the same distance past the edge of the image circle.. Voila! A floral petal mat to co-ordinate with the layered flower. Hopefully a preteen or teenager might like to receive this card.
Here is a closeup of the flower I made and hopefully you can see the shimmer of the stickles on it.


Recipe
White 5 x 5 card bse and envelope - from my stash, originally from Michael's Recollections brand.
Card stock - pink, greens, and white from my stash.
DP - from my stash...it was a Christmas present:); Simple Stories, Life in a Snap
Dies - Spellbinders, Fancy circles, circles, petite scalloped circles
Dies - Memory Box ;  Meadow leaf
Embosslits - Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings
Brad - from my stash
Flowers - from my stash; layered up a few different types of  flowers from my stash...the tiny bit of green showing on the 4th layer is a petal from a green silk flower that I pulled apart.
Stickles - Star Dust, my favourite stickles colour
Stamp - Stampin' Up

I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - Must use snippets. This whole card is from stash and about 80 % is from snippets.
2..All that stickles - Use Stardust, I used stardust on the tips of the layered pink flower
3. Oldie but a Goodie - Bright colours,  the pink cardstock is over 5 years old...bought it in a paper pack
4.  Crafting for all Seasons  - #46 Dies and Punches - I used Memory Box Meadow leaf, Spellbinders Fancy circle and petite circle
5. Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - Pink plus one other colour
6. Paper Creators Crafts-  #5 Flowery Delight
7. Penny Black and More At Allsorts - Pink, Pearly and Swirly

32 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A fab card love the green and pink and cute little frog image. Your flower is gorgeous well worth the effort you put in! Hugs Susan x

brenda said...

Well beautifully bright card to greet you on a Monday morning Maureen, absolutely lovely.

B x

Redanne said...

Love your gorgeous card, it is so pretty and I adore that little frog and sentiment! Hugs, Anne x

sue w. said...

Hi Maureen, how funny, I've just made a card using those colours, don't they look fab together, just love the layout. Love the butterflies and the flower too.
A fab creation, don't call you scrappymo for nothing hun. I'm really bad and put my scraps in a drawer but never use them up!!!
Hugs Sue W.

Di said...

Wahoo Maureen - that really is a stunning card. Love the vibrant pink and green together - and using the petals as part of the matting/layering behind the image is such a clever touch. I bet a few of us will be trying out that one!!

Love it!

Hugs, Di xx

Irene said...

A beautiful and colourful card. I agree Stickles just does somthing to a card. Adorable image and gorgeous flower spray.
irene
xxxx

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Very pretty, love the little cute frog :)

Kerry said...

I love pink and green together...reminds me spring! The dotty pp is great...love the layered flower. Thanks so much for joining in our Pink +1 Challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

Kristi said...

This is so adorable! Love the colors and the little froggy!

Sharon said...

Such a gorgeous colour choice and love the cute image and design.
Hug Sharon. x

Pia S said...

I think this is a really sweet design, love the tin frog and the pink and green colors make a wonderful combination!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such pretty papers.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

This is really really nice Maureen :) love those flowers and choice of colours you have used and its great when you can get rid of some or your bits and bobs!! huggles hun Sue J xxxxxxxxxxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful designed card, love the flower and how you decorated the circle with the cut flowered pieces. So clever and boy does it look good!
The butterflies are such a great touch, love this card!
hugs
Glenda


Tracy said...

This is such a pretty card.
I love it, it is so springy :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful colors and yes it does feel good to use your scraps. I love the flower...joann sassy raggedy

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maureen I want to thank you for leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog it was so supportive, I did take your advice and started colouring some images I found it so therapeutic. I don't think anyone would be tired looking at such beauty as this, the wonderful vibrant colours, the sweet little image and embellishments all look amazing, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maureen
Fabulous card ... Love the bright colours...
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty card!!
Love the pretty pinks and greens and the butterflies :)

Hettie said...

A very pretty card there Mo if I may say so! Love the colours and frogs are one little critter I like!
There is something quite satisfying about making something from Snippets. My layout today is made entirely from the Snippets box!
Hugs
Hettie
xx

Sue Althouse said...

This is lovely and makes me long for spring!

Anonymous said...

sorry if you get a duplicate of my comment. this is so pretty and i love the bright colours with the sweet image! seeing as it's pink, has pearls and swirly paper, i think it suits our theme at penny black and more this month.
linda

Jules said...

Hi Mo

What a fabulous card .. .. those colours are gorgeous!

Great use of your snippets and I love the little butterflies!

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

i'm back. this card is so bright and so cute! thanks so much for sharing with us at penny black and more this month.
linda

Debs Willis said...

What a lovely card - like the idea of making the matching petal mat!

debs

Juls said...

Fab!! Love the zingy Colours! Hugs Juls

Lisa said...

Love green and pink together. Cute butterflies!

Clairebears said...

I love the pink and green together (my favourite colour combo!) and that flower is gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Creators - Flowery Delights Challenge this time and good luck.
Love Clairebears x

Sarn said...

Oh I love this zingy bright and cheerful card Maureen. Fantastic xxx

Sarn said...

Oh I love this zingy bright and cheerful card Maureen. Fantastic xx

MaryH said...

Nope, not at all tired of the pretty papers. They are so vibrant on this card, with your little froggy, and I really like how you put the flower petals as a mat. The stickles on the lower flower petals made it appear as though there was Glossy Accents or UTEE on the petals. It really shimmered. TFS

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! Love that little frog and your gorgeous design!