Finished up another birthday card card today. You might be getting a little tired of this stamped image and the pink and bright green colours! Sorry about that!
I wanted to use up the last of those scraps so managed to get one more done for the finished cards bin. Feels good to create a card solely from scraps, doesn't it!
I am much happier with this one than the six I made the other day. I added a few more details, a shot of stickles and it just seemed to make a difference. I also took an extra bottom petal from the flower I layered and cut it into 12 or maybe 13 pieces (cut like pieces of pie). I then glued these on the back of the image. The intact petal was about the same size as the image circle so this then allowed me to glue each section onto the back of the flower, taking care to keep to line them all up the same distance past the edge of the image circle.. Voila! A floral petal mat to co-ordinate with the layered flower. Hopefully a preteen or teenager might like to receive this card.
Here is a closeup of the flower I made and hopefully you can see the shimmer of the stickles on it.
White 5 x 5 card bse and envelope - from my stash, originally from Michael's Recollections brand.
Card stock - pink, greens, and white from my stash.
DP - from my stash...it was a Christmas present:); Simple Stories, Life in a Snap
Dies - Spellbinders, Fancy circles, circles, petite scalloped circles
Dies - Memory Box ; Meadow leaf
Embosslits - Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings
Brad - from my stash
Flowers - from my stash; layered up a few different types of flowers from my stash...the tiny bit of green showing on the 4th layer is a petal from a green silk flower that I pulled apart.
Stickles - Star Dust, my favourite stickles colour
Stamp - Stampin' Up
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - Must use snippets. This whole card is from stash and about 80 % is from snippets.
2..All that stickles - Use Stardust, I used stardust on the tips of the layered pink flower
3. Oldie but a Goodie - Bright colours, the pink cardstock is over 5 years old...bought it in a paper pack
4. Crafting for all Seasons - #46 Dies and Punches - I used Memory Box Meadow leaf, Spellbinders Fancy circle and petite circle
5. Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - Pink plus one other colour
6. Paper Creators Crafts- #5 Flowery Delight
7. Penny Black and More At Allsorts - Pink, Pearly and Swirly