Tuesday 12 February 2013

WOYWW 193

Time for a peek at all the other crafty desks and see what they are up to...lots of wonderful ideas for creating and organizing can be found here...in between you will also find the friendliest bunch of crafters you could ever meet...
What am I talking about, you say? Well it's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday...the day to see exactly all of that!!!

So join in...pop over to the lovely Julia's blog Stamping Ground and check out the fun...but be sure to leave her a nice comment before you begin to blog hop.

My desk is a bit of a fright...I am just finishing up a card...just have to cut the card base and then need to glue the elements down...maybe a couple of pearls and it will be done. The bouquet of flowers on my handmade card front are fussy cut from a packet of 10 invitations and envelopes that  I bought at the thrift shop for 15 cents!   I fussy cut  3 of the cards, cutting a smaller portion of the scene for each subsequent layer.   Stacked and pop dotted the layers to create a card front!  I should be able to get 2 additional 3 layer cards out of that packet plus one left over image to tuck in to something eventually...for now it will be doomed to the snippets bin!

I am not including a sentiment as I am not sure if it will be for a birthday or???
But what's all that mess at the back of my photo you say?  There are stamps coralled in a little bin that are cleaned and waiting to be put away; stamps waiting to be used; a bag of ribbon from the thrift shop waiting to be ironed and hung up; a huge stash of Michael's treasures; and various odds and sods that really need put away! The crocheted ribbon on my floral card front came from that thrift shop bag.

I have featured some of the Michael's 90% off the last ticketed price treasures on a couple of my cards lately and have had some requests from my blogger friends asking me to show some more of those bargains.
They are patiently sitting there under the stack of stuff at the back...waiting for me to get clicking with my camera. Hope to get them posted by the end of the week.

The beautiful bird hooks were a present from my little sister...trying to think of just where to hang it.  I have a couple of pretty aprons that I wear to protect my clothes when I stamp. It might just work out for hanging those on it. Trouble is there is not much black wall space left in my room...teehee

Off to finish my card and check out all the other workdesks!  I try to visit the vertical row I  am placed in and any blogs I follow and of course I  return the visit for anyone who leaves me a comment! I have visited 2 vertical rows a few times. and even made it round to everyone a couple of  times...

Have fun!

36 comments:

Di said...

Loads going on there Maureen! I love those jars full of pretties at the back of your desk :) Have a fun day, probably making up a swatch for your punches?

Happy WOYWW, hugs, Di xx #58

Heathers Inspiration said...

I Love all your pots of treasure, on your desk :0)Your card is looking Beautiful. Happy WOYWW Heather # 62

Helen said...

A fright you say? I don't.... love all the little jars at the back, they look so colourful. Have a great day. Helen, 2

Julia Dunnit said...

The only fright, dear Mo..is the organisation and colour wve from all those jars, you do not work in a mess by my standards!! Although generally I don't enjoy it, the fussy cutting is always worth it, huh...gorgeous works there gal.

ria gall said...

some lovely bits on your desk today and the cards are coming on a treat really pretty. My eyes just could not stop looking at all those lovely colours in the jars at the back of your desk
Happy WOYWW I hope you have a great day
Ria #47

CraftygasheadZo said...

Wow look at all those rows of jars of flowers etc. Very pretty! Enjoy your week, take care Zo xx 93

Sue said...

Hi Maureen!! your desk is soooo much tidier than mine is at the moment thats my next task of the day after I've done baking..my brother 'requires' LOL one of my choccy cakes so I'm obliging to keep him quiet!!! huggles hun Sue J xxxxx

YoriとYayie said...

I super curious what those colorful things are in the background.
I envy you people who have Michaels & other wonderful craft stores... wish there's one here in my country...
Happy Wednesday
Riya 104

Stamper Gyrl said...

I cant wait to see your card when its done!!
Tracy

Redanne said...

You will have to go a lot further before you can call your desk messy! I am always mesmerised by all the colourful jars on your desk. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #37

Belinda Basson said...

Please give us a straight on view next week of all those yummy jars of colour!

Daniella said...

I love that storage piece you have! One of my favorite parts of WOYWW is looking at the awesome ways people find to store things!!
I forgot to write you to tell you that your package has been sent! Let me know when you get it!!
xxDaniella#132

Bubbles said...

You made it round to everyone??!! Wow! I can usually do beween 12-25 but thats my limit - especially since I'm typing without a "T" key *lol*
I love your ideas for space-saving and storage... and am so jealous of your bargains!
I actually found you through Pixies Crafty Workshop , but for this WOYWW I think I was #28
Bubbles
at PatchworkApples

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

What a busy busy desk, happy woyww and thanks for visiting me, jenx

Darnell said...

Thanks for a fun visit, Maureen! Lots of pretties on your desk and, of course, up against the wall. How fun it must be to sit in front of those happy colors!!

Have a wonderful week, but I'll prolly see you b/4 next Wed! xxoo Darnell

MaryH said...

Actually, your desk is quite tidy, I think. Love all your jars in the background, stashed full of treasure & beautiful colored things! Had to read, keep looking at the pic to find all the diff goodies you mentioned. Saw your netting on the card, reminded me that I should try this (bought some at a (ahem..)sale, it's hidden somewhere! Can't wait to see your finished card. TFS
Mary H #136

okienurse said...

awesome looking desk and I love all the jars with colorful goodies in them. I don't think your desk looks messy at all! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #17

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of fussy cutting so do it as little as possible! Looks like you're having much better results though! I'm off to see The Pony Girl's latest crafts.

Hugs
Brenda 100

Barb King said...

I would love to see a close up of those fussy cut cards! Barb #101

MrsC.x said...

mess?? thats not a mess!! you should see my desk today after a day of crafting yesterday
Happy Valentines and a Happy belated WOYWW tfs Mrs.C #54
www.craftylittlemoos.blogspot.com

Hannelie said...

Thanks for letting me know... I appreciate it!couldn't find your e-mail address, so I popped in here!

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh I love all your storage pots at the back - very colourful and inspiring! Thanks for visiting me :)

Ann B said...

Your desk is so pretty with all those candy-coloured jars in the background and so neat as well, not at all messy.
Everyone seems to have a different way of choosing the desks to visit. I start out well trying to visit as many as I can, have tried the 'every 5th desk' etc, but not had a vow at 'rows'. Whatever I try I don't get round as many as I would like. I did make it round all of them - once.
Thanks for visiting mine , glad I was in the right row.
Ann B
33

Sue Althouse said...

Fun peek at your project! I love all those rows and stacks of pretty colors.

Caro said...

I just love those beautiful colours in the jars at the back of the desk. So pretty. Thanks for sharing. Happy belated WOYWW! Caro #65

Becky said...

Look at all those jars of embellishments and that huge workspace!!! Love it!

Claudia N. said...

Those jars are just brilliant!! What an inspiring desk to work at!

Hugs,
die amelie #53

April said...

Lovin the little cupcake tower that I assume is for a card. April #119

Robin said...

Hi Maureen! I love visiting you! tanks for the cup of coffee! Ha. I love love love all those organizing bins at the back of your desk! Everytime I see them, I get jealous! love your cards!

Thanks for the visit, and I filled those little milk cartons with skiddles!

hugs. Robin

Jules said...

Hi Maureen

A fabulous work desk!!

Lots of lovely goodies to play with there .. .. but I have to admit to struggling to take my eyes off your lovely wall of jars with all their colour co-ordinating contents.

Oh to have a wall like that!! It looks scrummy and so inspirational.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Winnie said...

Hi Maureen! Thank you for the kind visit! I was out yesterday and didn't get to respond. I am sitting her drooling over all the little jars of goodies on your desk and how neat they are! Loving your cupcake card too! Enjoy the weekend!
Winnie#79

My name is Cindy said...

Love all those pots - grouped in their colours as well! Thanks for stopping by to see me (funny how we all have our strangle little systems for who we visit LOL) Best wishes, Cindy

Joynana said...

I am so late, but at least I got here before Wednesday. I have been celebrating my birthday this week and that is my only excuse. Love all of the jars of goodies behind your desk. #83

Tracy said...

Your desk is great.
Everything is at your fingertips and so creative :)
Hope you enjoyed your crop today :)

Cardarian said...

Sorry I am so late commenting - days have just gone by!! You have the biggest collection of embelishments I have ever seen - AMAZING!!!! And the desk doesn't look so bad either - very nice projects on your desk! Thank you for asking about my knee - you are right this snow isn't very nice but if you live under the Alps you have to deal with it! Huh!!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Mrs A. said...

Just managing to get caught up with all the lovely people that leave me such kind comments. With two funerals and megga drain problems to deal with (+ a petrified cat who thought his life had just ended when strange people decended on his garden and started digging it up looking for sewage pipes ) life has been a bit hectic to say the least. Just become a follower so I don't miss any of your posts. Hugs Mrs A.