Saturday 9 February 2013

UPcycled card - CCC

The theme this fortnight for the Christmas Card Club is Dawn's choice..."It's Only Words"  (no image). Hopefully I have interpreted the theme correctly. I am thinking it means no stamped or digital images, no toppers and no cut out images from sticker sheets etc.

OK...so fair game for die cuts and flowers and bling...lots of bling! Here is my card...


The Kraft background with the ivory flocked poinsettias is the topper from a Christmas card. They were on clearance for ten cents as Carlton cards. I fell in love with that pretty flocking and had to have them to UPcycle! I sliced off the back and trimmed down the front a tad.  I took the back that I sliced off and stamped my sentiment on it and then glued it onto the front so it sits in the diecut window. I then mounted that flush on a Kraft card that I cut to fit this size. Luckily it came with the matching red envelope as well!

 The flowers were from the Michael's infamous dollar bins but I picked up about ten bags when they were on clearance for 25 cents. Yay, an UPcycled and low cost card!!!

I pulled some of the red poinsettia flowers apart and rebuilt them into various sizes. Added some Martha Stewart punched snowflakes and branches, another left over jute petal, a few pearls, some red diamond bling and then added a jute twine bow.

Hope it fits the CCC theme!
Recipe:
Card base - from my stash, I cut Kraft card stock to fit the card front
DP - UPcycled card from Carlton Card Shop
Dies and Punches - The red metallic die cut came with the card front, punches are Martha Stewart branches and large Snowflake The jute petal is a random petal from a Tim Holt  Tattered Floral die.
Flowers - from my stash, from Michael's originally
Jute - from my stash of cut up petals
Bling - from my stash
Stickles - Star Dust and Xmas Red
Stamp - 1995 Darcie's Country Folk J1120 Rubber Stamp

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets, Except the card base which I bought right after Xmas, the rest is snippets from my stash
2. Christmas Card Club - Must be Christmas card
3. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Cold and Frosty  There are snowflakes on the flocked patterned paper
4. MFP Speedy TV Christmas Card Club - Must be Christmas card
5. CHNC Christmas Challenge Extra - Must be Christmas card
6. Word Art Wednesday - Must have encouraging/uplifting sentiment; Anything Goes
7. All That Stickles - Must use stickles , Xmas Red    I outlined random pointsettia leaves with Xmas red stickles

38 comments:

StasaLynn said...

BEAUTIFUL.... I love it

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card love the Kraft and red combo x

Redanne said...

Wow, what a wonderful way to recycle, that background is gorgeous and the flowers are so beautiful. Gorgeous card! Hugs, Anne x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Mo and I'm sure it fits the bill perfectly as your sentiment is still centre stage. Carol x

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous card and I love the use of the flocked backdrop. So pretty and elegant. Zx

Sue said...

Love this Mo! off to see the others hugs hun Sue J xxx

Hettie said...

This is beautiful Mo! Love this card alot!
xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maureen
Wow Maureen fabulous card.... Gorgeous xxxx
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Mo, of course it fits hunni. It is a stunning card. Loving all those flowers - you got it spot on!!
hugs
Dawn xx

Clare said...

Wow!!!!! Maureen you card is absolutely stunning hun and what an entrance to make with your first CCC card!!!. Looks perfect to me for the challenge. Those flowers are lush and love the jute behind them. Such a lovely sentiment too. Hugs Clare xxxx

Sue said...

Hi Maureen the embossing folder on my christmas card I used is a cuttlebug folder xxxxxxxxxx Sue J xxxx

Karen Petitt said...

oh my this is so beautiful! you are making me feel very jealous again hun - i love how you have upcycled a bargain Xmas card into a real beauty. the flowers are stunning and the whole creation fits the bill perfectly - love it! hugs Karen x

pinky said...

Wow Mo you rocked it girl. This is absolutely stunning!

Hazel said...

Love the flowers and the bling - beautiful card - just right for Dawn's CCC challenge and thank you too for entering it into my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you there again soon. x

Rebecca said...

Hi Scrappymo wow that is just gorgeous i love the sentiment and the flowers ill have to try them sometime because they are absoloutly gorgeous!

Love From Rebecca xx

dutchess said...

love it Maureen...and yesyour card is perfect for the club challenge,I love craft card and it looks so good with your red poinsettias, but I have to say you are a lucky girl to have all those craft shops to go to! I loved them all when I was over 2 years ago and filled a whole suitcase coming home! need to visit again! hugs
margaret

Peanut said...

What a stunner, Mo. Love those flowers. Beautiful sentiment...a perfect words only card. Well done!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful, I like the design and the poinsettia.
Kevin xx

Tracy said...

This is such a pretty card.
I love how you altered the Michaels flowers.

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Lovely card. Will have to try the recicle way. Thanks for joining Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra challenge this month.

sue w. said...

Hi Maureen, this is soo elegant. I love the paper and those flowers are gorgeous. Love it.
Hugs Sue W.

Sue Althouse said...

Love this color combo and all the lovely techniques!

Karen Letchworth said...

I just love these gorgeous deep red rich flowers that set off your card so beautifully. Thanks for sharing in our challenge this week, and please come back soon. It's a blessing to have you fellowship with us and share your beautiful art.
Blessings,
karen
Word Art Wednesday

debby4000 said...

WOW gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Sarn said...

LOVE love love this gorgeous creation. xxx

ShanaM said...

That looks really pretty!

Carol L said...

What a lovely card! Those red flowers are simply gorgeous with the snowflakes, pearls, and glitter. I LOVE the burlap blooms too!

Jingle said...

This is so beautiful!

Pia S said...

Such a stunning card - love the paper with white poinsettias and the red ones as embellishments. A fab combination of traditional Christmas colors, lovely sentiment and beautiful decoration!

Unknown said...

WOW! I saw your card this morning and I said to Taylor, isn't that a beauty? I like the floral arrangement, it is so perfect.
It is such a pleasure for us, having you post your beautiful card at WAW. We know your time is valuable and yet you bless us with this wonderful artwork. Thank you!
Carole
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, this is gorgeous! you sure put those snippets to good use.

Bubbles said...

I love poinsettias - and this card shows them off so perfectly - utterly gorgeous!
Just popping over from Pixies Crafty Snippets :)
Bubbles #21

Mrs A. said...

Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen, and what a bargain those cards and poinsettias were. Elizabeth xx

Melanie Rozwood said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing at All That Stickles.

~Melanie

DebiJ said...

Magnificent card Maureen, so classy & so elegant!! What a wonderful one to receive!!
Hugs xxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
sorry im late getting round, a beautiful card, gorgeous design, pretty embelies,sue,x

Lisa said...

Wow has to be one of my favorites I love everything about it!