I placed the matted image onto a background mat that is actually a journaling spot. I picked up a whole package of assorted journaling spots, embellishments, plus some designer paper to match, for 25 cents at the scrapbook garage sale last summer. Oh, how I love a bargain!
With all the glitter from the stickles on the poinsettia, that journaling spot seemed boring, so I used some Star Dust stickles on the dots in between the plaid trim and added some Xmas Red stickles to the berries on the wee wreath. A trio of red bling finished off the right side but now the left side seemed a bit boring. I grabbed the Star Dust stickles and touched up the fur trim on Santa's hat and coat. Then I grabbed the Xmas Red for his hat top and the bow on the present. Here is a close up to see the glimmer.
Finally, I was happy with my card!
No recipe today as it is all in the long version above. It is after all, Sunday, and I still have to find the Nativity scene and get it set up...It was my task yesterday but got set aside as my back was too sore to be digging through the Xmas decorations.
Finished setting up the Nativity on the dining room hutch and the doorbell rang. It was Little Miss C and Little Mr P. They were enroute to their other Grandma's and stopped by to show me their dressed up little faces. Perhaps you remember this dress...she looks so grown up in her black tights but walked about shivering as she took off the velvet jacket and left it at home! She had on a nice little black Scottie dog hair pretty. Carrying on the dog theme, Mr P had a boxer dog knit into the front of his sweater. He does not like his picture taken so I could not get a photo of that! Here they are admiring the baby Jesus in the creche.
I didn't have time to hide the electrical cord or tidy under the hutch where I had to slide things that normally sit out on top. Thank goodness for tomorrow!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges.
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - use snippets. Othere than the image, everything else on this card is a snippet.
2. Pause Dream Enjoy - #48 Forgotten Stash The journaling spot is from the summer garage sales and I forgot I bought them till I pulled out the Xmas snippets drawer.
3. Little Claire's Ideas and Inspiration - Christmas
4. My Sheri Crafts - Tis the Season
5. Crafts For Eternity - Christmas Chaos, Any Christmas Project
6. Jingle Belles - Anything Holiday goes
7. Wags n Wiskers - #93 Christmas
8. Fussy and Fancy - I love Christmas
9. 2 Sisters - Sparkle
10. Allsorts - Advent
11. Go Fish - ALl about the Holidays
12. Pixie Dust Studio - Winter Holidays
13. Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes.
14. Cards Galore - Christmas
15. Winter Wonderland - Santa Claus is coming to town