I took a little break from working on my gardening cards as it is nigh on Rudolf Day at Sarn's.
Some of you may remember that when I was preparing my room for crafting while I was recovering, I put together a huge 12 x 12 woven basket full of Christmas papers, card stock, and embellishments. I had a good rummage around in there today and found a sealed plastic baggie with the makings of a non traditional card. I think it was from a Michaels make and take and I believe they were demo-ing snowflake punches. Usually there are 3 or 4 projects and you move from table to table and give each one a go. I think I was in a bit of a rush and just took the baggie home rather than assemble the last card.
Or maybe it was just because purple is not my favorite colour and perhaps I just couldn't get into making it!!! I think it is from 5 or 6 years ago so I decided it was time to ignore my misgivings about the colour and just get it done. There was white gossamer ribbon in the bag...I substituted the silver string instead. Just when I had it finished and photographed, thank goodness I enlarged the photo and noticed that the vellum had a mar on the surface. Sort of a dint! Drat!!! I guess that is what can happen when bits and bobs are stored for 5 or 6 years.
I had a rummage through my cardstock and found a purple that was pretty close to the cardstock on this card. Luckily I had some rub-ons in that big basket... so a Joy rub-on was applied to a snippet of copic paper (the only white I had left in the house) and backed with a snippet of the purple card. I carefully placed it over the dint and problem solved.
As I was basking in a glow of thinking on my feet, I noticed that the whites looked off. Drat! Why does that happen with whites. They can only be a tad off and it looks like neon! My first thought was to take a pale purple copic pen and colour all the whites to match but I didn't think it would go over the rub-on. I pondered a little more and remembered that before all my fancy pens and tools, I started paper creating with a paper slicer, tape runner, pop dots and chalk.
A quick look into some drawers I haven't opened in years found my chalks and even some glimmer rub.
A quick chalk over all the white solved the problem (I think) and I even went over all the dark purple with an ivory shimmer rub. The torn edge of the white cardstock took the chalk so much darker so I tried to tone it down with a quick dash of stickles.
Finally....A finished Christmas card, ready to enter over at Sarns Rudolf Day Challenge. http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/
Still not one of my favourites, but finished at last!
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.ca/ snippets of purple and white cardstock were used to create this card
2. ABC Christmas Challenge http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ U for up to you
3. Rudolph Day at Sarns Stamping For Pleasure http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/penultimate-rudolph-day.html Christmas theme