Saturday, 20 October 2012
Finally! Some Gardening Cards...
I've been playing with the bits and bobs of gardening themed paper I had out on my work desk this week. Finally got some cards finished and have one to share with you today.
I am a little nervous as these are more of my "quickie" cards. No lovely colouring here...just fussing cutting images, stamping a sentiment and assembling it into cards to donate to the garden club raffle.
I hand cut the cloud banner flag and the 2 layers of cardstock behind it, fussy cut the butterfly from the Spring Garden series paper and added 3 aqua bling jewels.
The glittered designer paper of the birdhouses and fence was trimmed from a 12 inch page to fit the card and small rust jewels added over the fence nail heads printed on it. Luckily, the bird houses and flowers were shot with glimmery glitter already!
I added the fussy cut wellies and potted lavender and popped them forward with a couple of glue dots.
I kept the inside fairly simple as well.
That's it! I know they are bit too simple, but a girl has to ease back into card making somehow!!!
Card Bases - Recollections Brand, kraft corrugated 6 x6, Michaels
Cloud banner - Echo Park , hello Summer
Gardening Designer paper - Forever In Time, Spring Garden Series
Bling Jewels - from my stash
White, salmon and golden card stock - snippets from my stash
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.ca/- I have used snippets to finish off this card.
2. Cards Galore Challenge Blog http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.ca/ Anything Goes
3. Freshly Brewed Challenge http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.ca/ Thinking of You
4. The Craft Garden http://www.thecraftgarden.blogspot.ca/ Banner (cloud banner strip) Pink (butterfly)
Sparkle (jewel bling and glimmer and glitter on my fussy cut images) flowers ( flowers in the wheelbarrow
and in the clay pot)
5. Paper Crafting Journey http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.ca/ Add some bling (added 3 jewels on cloud banner and all along fence rail).
6. Creative Card Crew http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.ca/ Birds (there are birds sitting on top of the birdhouses)
7. Creative Craft Challenges http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.ca/ 3 of anything ( I have 3 jewels on my cloud banner strip)
8. Through The Craft Room Door http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ Anything goes # 40