Made another card at Langley Stampers Club. This one featured Stampin' Up Botanical Blooms stamps and Botanical Builders Framelets dies. I really feel that Stampin Up products are the Old Faithful of cardmaking tools. They are always dependable and I like their designs for stamps and for dies!
After die cutting each of the elements, we used chalk to add some depth and shading. I think chalk is another Old Faithful. It is a quick, easy, and reasonable way to add that little extra oomph. Before I started investing in Copics and Watercolour pencils and even pencil crayons, I used chalks to colour my images. Amazing what you can do with some eye makeup sponges for the larger less detailed area,s and better quality shading stumps for detailed work!
I believe all the stamps were Stampin' Up, but I could be wrong. I have got to learn to bring a package of sticky notes with me to our cardmaking days.
I enjoyed making this card and especially liked that we added a gorgeous fern stamp to the inside of the card before we stamped the sentiment. I added a few stamps to the envelope as well and decided to try and remember to do this more often. I like the bespoke feeling it gives.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Word Art Wednesday - #238 - 239 Anything goes with an encouraging or uplifting sentiment
2. Crafty Calendar Challenge - Punches and/or dies (I used framelet dies)
I posted photos a few weeks ago of our spring blooms in the new garden beds. Here are some photos of the summer blooms. I am happy with the riot of colours! Hope you like them too.
Yes the patio is finally finished. Amazing to think that this was a barren, hilly area that had never been developed. DH took down the back fence and built a retaining wall bordering our guest parking spot. Then he rebuilt the fence for privacy. He did this all himself, with just a wee bit of help from our son-in-law for the angled cuts where we decided to build in a triangle shaped flower bed just out of your sight line.
He brought in all the drainage gravel and sand himself and shoveled it in by the wheelbarrow load. When he finally laid the paving stones, I think he was glad to be done. The table seats 6 and we have enough room to accommodate 8 if needs be. A tight fit for 8 though!
Here is a close up of the raised perennial beds. I am happy with the riot of colour. There is a narrow pathway up to the second raised bed. We plan to add a water feature in the back bed...right where I have marked it with a cedar stake. I don't want to kill that plant that sprawls across where we will make the fountain, so will transplant it in the fall.