I spied this Wee Bunnies sheet of pre coloured images by Sylvia Zett, ( Hobby House, UK) and knew I could make it work for Mrs. A's current Butterfly Challenge. This fortnight, the challenge is to use the colour yellow and years on your project. Of course there must as always, be a butterfly.
The yellow (and pink and blue) colours I chose are also part of the moodboard of the Stamplorations 3rd Birthday party Bash
A while back, I chopped up a bunch of 12x12 sheets of scrapbook paper. I remembered this blue and white stripey paper and thought the lovely swirly corners might look good with this image. I matted the image with a snippet of dull yellow card that was sitting out on my desk, leftover from a previous day of card making. Double matted with a snippet of pink card. I used a new die and I do not think I wrote the name down anywhere before I placed it onto a magnetic page! If you recognize it, let me know. It is a thin silver die set with about twenty different sizes...I used somes of the smallest sizes to frame the number 3 (for 3 years old.). As I was out of pink card, I inked up a snippet of white for the back mat of that number 3 and chalked the edges quite liberally with pink chalk.
Happy birthday (a Michaels $1.50 stamp, perhaps Studio G) was stamped onto another snippet of pink and the edges were lightly coloured up with Ingrid Bolme pastel yellow chalk ink. A thin edging of Stardust stickles over that inky edge added a bit of sparkle.
The butterflies were cut from a Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings thinlet die, and used up the last of the pink and yellow card snippets. I assembled them and layered two colours on the larger sizes. Added some mini crystal bling and again alternated the colours.
I managed to use up two VOS flowers (very old stash). The yellow paper daisy type flower is about 15 years old. I am sure you all have some...they came in decorative jars and were quite the rage at the time. I placed a pink felt flower from the dollar store on top
Last step was to add generous amounts of Stardust stickles to the butterflies, the number 3 mats, the flowers, the butterflies and even a bit here and there on the images...just to liven things up. This is a card for a wee girl and wee girls usually love sparkle!!!
I am entering this card in the following challenge:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. The Butterfly Challenge - colour Yellow and years
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Crafty Calendar Challenge - must use punches or dies (butterflies and image mats)
5. Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes wk 236-237
6. Our Daily Bread - use Dimensional or pop it up (the number 3 is made of glitter paper with 3 bling rhinestones. The goden yellow mat it sits on is popped up with pop dots. as is the Happy Birthday sentiment.The butterflies are attached with Zot dots in the very center of them...so that the wings can fly free for further dimension. Lastly the flowers give three more added layers of dimension.
7. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - must use patterned paper
8. Stamplorations - 3rd Birthday bash use moodboard