Well, not quite all boring...maybe we will start with the fun stuff.
Last week I posted that I was working on getting something into frames that didn't contain pictures of the infamous, private people in my family. I am sick of having my frames covered up with paper so that faces are not caught in my photos when I snap my desk each week. I managed to find some layouts I did of my garden last spring. The colours are not too bad in my room...but my plan ground to a halt when I realized that I didn't have any picture wire in the house!
I've propped them up in front of the square embellishment jars...mostly so they don't get scratched...but also just to show them off! Hope to get out for the wire tomorrow.
All the junk on my desk is the leftover crap from sorting my craftroom. There used to be even one more box...it was full of tools and other weird stuff I found in my room, that should live in a garage. Into a box it went and yesterday it was carefully fitted into my newly organized garage. Yay!
Oh my, I nearly forgot the only other fun thing on my table. Look over on the front left of my desk. These cute little treat boxes came with a 12x12 card making kit I bought for Little Miss C (aka theponygirl06). $2.00 bought 8 cards, 8 envelopes, and 8 of these cute treat boxes.They are going to be delivered to her house Thursday when I walk her to school.
So now I am left with:
1. 2 frames to wire and hang.
2. Little acrylic bin of newly made cards to be placed in sleeves and sealed up with their matching envelopes.
3. One really tall package of doilies for scrapbook pages that are too damn tall to fit into my cupboards...drat!
4. Under the doilies are a zillion photo book sleeves that DH dragged home from his fathers house. Same problem as above...double drat.
5. One taupe rubbermaid bin is full of even more junk I found randomly placed in my room. They all belong in either my bedroom or my main bathroom. How they ended up in my room is beyond me...teehee
I'm going to claim that someone planted them!!!
6. Cardbord box on the far right holds my newspaper flyers. Yet another taupe rubbermaid bin is full of coupons already cut but waiting to be sorted and filed and black binder on top is where they should live.
Need to think of a better way to organize these as I am sick of them cluttering up my craft room. I love to coupon and save money but they are messy...
Ahhhhh...I have the solution...they should live in DH's office.. Yay...sorted!!!
7. Treat boxes to go to grandaughter.
Seriously, I have been sorting, organizing, purging and donating to the thrift shop off and on all summer. I have gone through every drawer and closet in my house...I have even sorted out the shed and the garage. DH helped and let me tell you, sometimes he was a bit of a hindrance. I quickly found out that his "let's get organized in preparation for downsizing" really meant let's downsize Scrappymo!'s stuff. LOL
My back surgery is in 5 days...once I am recovered (maybe in the spring) we want to downsize to a wee bit smaller house on a much smaller lot. A compact lot that doesn't require a ton of work all summer. We decided to get all the purging stuff done before Monday so that I can just concentrate on recovery and not fret about the work ahead.
So really, that puts these bits and bobs in perspective. OK, I'll start over:
1. Garage sorted and organized.
2. Shed sorted and organized
3. Whole house sorted and organized with the exception of 1 to 6 above.
Whew! That's better!!!
If you are reading this and wondering why I am showing my unfinished sorting projects, go to Julia's blog
http://stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/ and check it out. Make sure you leave her some bloggy hugs too!
Don't think you'll hear from me here for a few weeks...I'll miss all your creative rooms!.