I have been trying to add a few more Christmas cards to my stash. While I like the overall design of this one, I was disappointed in my stamping of the verse. I stamped it out and smeared it, I turned the paper over and restamped it and as you can see, the word Christmas is sort of paler looking on the left hand side.
I did not have another piece of the matching paper so I stuck it on my card anyway.
That was a hard thing for me to do and I justified it by telling myself that only a card maker would notice ...Note to self to mail this one to a non cardmaker!!! teehee
The whole last usable scrap dilemna made me wonder what other card makers do when facing the same problem?
If you are down to your last scrap of matching paper and somehow manage to stamp your finishing details with a wee error...do you
1. set it aside and eventually check all over to try to find the matching paper
2. switch out the original paper and use a different colour with a perfect restamped text
3. throw caution to the wind and stick it on anyway?
Normally, I would chose option #1 but in the interests of getting a few more Xmas cards completed before my surgery, I opted for option #3...but as you can tell, I am not yet comfortable with my choice!!!
Should be fun to see the answers!
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
1. Stamp and Create Challenge http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.ca/search/label/Challenge - Anything goes
2. Stampin' for the Weekend http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.ca/ Starting Christmas Early
3. Cute card Thursday http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.ca/ Christmas in September
4. Crimbo Crackers http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.ca/ challenge #24 Vintage
5. Christmas Crafting http://christmascrafting.blogspot.ca/ challenge #14 Traditional colours
6. Holly Jolly Christmas http://hollyjollychristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ Sentiment only