Monday 25 May 2020

May 2020 Rudolph Days Challenge

Hi there. Once again, it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge. Here are the rules for your perusal...

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month (January to November) on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.

9. A special draw will be held at the end of the year, in December,  for all those who submitted a card or project every month that year, January to November.

I am sad to announce that I will have to suspend mailing of gifts until things are safer here in my area. Our province has relaxed things somewhat, but are still recommending if you fit the high risk group then follow the original rules. With so many people out and about, it is riskier to go to the post office to have the parcels stamped. I do have everything here at home, customs forms, stamps, scales etc, but the customs form has to be stamped by the post office. I will mail them all out once this has let up to a safe level.

Now, on to our designers...

First up is Linda S at Snails Space. Linda has made us this gorgeous card. I love the non traditional lavender colours and also this very sweet image. As usual, the colouring here is spot on! I hope you will drop Linda's'blog and leave her some love.



Next up is is Jenny at Cardsarus blog.
Jenny has made this pretty lavender pearlescent card for our inspiration. Again we see non traditional colours along the same colour tones. It is as if Linda and Jenny coordinated their selections today!
To read all about this pretty card, pop by Jenny's blog and leave her some love!



My card is made from a recycled image. I could not resist reusing this adorable image!
This is another snippets card. The background paper is BoBunny Mistletoe and is left over from a 12x12 Bo Bunny scrapbook kit. The lime green mat is a snippet of quite heavy glittered card, and the border strip just a snippet of plain red card.


I even managed to use up some odds and ends of embellishments. This was the last snippet of fine red striped twine and the snowflake was punched from a small kraft snippet.

The flowers stacked are a very old green Recollections poinsettia, (which I trimmed down in size), and the wee red one is a NBUS from Jolee's by You by EK Success.  I picked up this packet of flowers at a paper crafts garage sale. There is a liberal use of Wink of Stella clear, over the holly and berries.

The prizes this month are a choice of this Poppy Believe Fresh Script die
or this Charming Christmas, Precious Marieke embossing folder.



51 comments:

Jackie T said...

Thank you so much with this challenge. I do love entering. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards and very cute DT
Gr Karin

Kath said...

Lovely cards from the DT - it's hard to believe it's the fifth RD of the year!
Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wonderful inspiration cards from you and the DT and a fabulous choice of prizes. Someone's going to be lucky.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
just popped over to Linda's blog and left a comment on her brill card.
What super use of snippets on yours and that image is just the sweetest and so cute.
Great papers used and such a lovely design as well.
Sending lots of virtual hugs your way.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous makes as usual. It's a glorious hot sunny day here today - feels like a strange day to be sharing Christmas cards!

Lynne said...

Gorgeous cards by the DT and such a cute image on your card . Thank you for the challenge x

Helen said...

Fabulous inspiration as always - thanks for another fun challenge!
Helen x

Bunny said...

Beautiful cards. I'll be back to enter my card. Thank you so much for the challenge. [Bunny]

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful cards by everyone! Loving all the pretty purples in the first two cards - my favorite color. And I'm a fan of both traditional and non-traditional colors. Mo, that image is definitely too sweet not to recycle. Very lovely card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks so much for always having this challenge. I hope you are well and doing okay too.

Liz said...

Three super cards by you and your DT, Maureen. Lovely designs. (I hope you received my email after the April Challenge.) xx

Sandra H said...

Great inspiration from all x

Karenladd said...

Wow, it feels like time is both flying by and standing still during this strange time. Thank goodness I still have my favorite card challenges to keep me on track! The sample cards are so pretty and I just love Linda's adorable design and lovely coloring technique. Stay well and safe Mo!

Kathleen said...

A really super card Mo, love the cute image and the design, thanks for another RD. Will comment on their own blogs for the rest of the team. Thanks again for continuing with the challenge.

Kath x

Di said...

What lovely DT cards Mo - including yours of course, so cute! This is one regular challenge I never miss - right from way back when :)

Hugs

Di xx

MadeByMeghanK said...

Gorgeous inspiration as always! Just entered!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, just entered the challenge and what super inspiration from the team, Kate x

Sally H said...

fabulous inspiration from the DT! So cute! Thanks x

Carol L said...

I'm so glad I had a card to enter your challenge this month as I haven't been making cards lately. I love your recycled image with that decorative dsp, and the snowflake behind the green flower too - what a great embellishment that perfectly matches everything! Hoping you are faring well in the midst of the world today and wishing you a better week ahead!

Bonnie said...

This image is too cute, Maureen, and definitely needed to be reused! Love how you've framed it and embellished it!

meg said...

thanks for all the inspiration

Gloria said...

Hello Mo!
I hope you are doing very well!
The DT's cards are so pretty.
Love them all!
Thank you for great challenge!
Have a wonderful day!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... what an adorable image Maureen. I love all the layers of beautiful papers and embellishments to make this card very special. Thanks for all you do running this challenge. Take care and stay safe! Loll

SHartl said...

With the temperatures in the 100's, it's hard to imagine Christmas right now! These cards are so pretty and I'll try to get mine finished and uploaded soon.

Darnell said...

Thank you for doing this challenge, Mo! Between you and Loll, I at least get two Christmas cards done a month. I need to take a page from Di's book and make a bunch when I do! I guess I figure the first one needs to be done to make sure it works and then when it's done, I move on. I lack discipline! I love your adorable card! Great job upcycling and using your snippets! (I'm just playing for fun.) Please keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
couldn't comment on No 23 as it's a Instergram entry and I don't have an account with them.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Eemeli said...

I think I already left a comment couple of days back when I visited the new rudolph day challenge but I don't see it...

Very beautiful and inspirational creations <3

Hugs,
Eemeli

Chris said...

Great inspiration from the DT as always, a lovely variety of cards here. Thanks for the challenge.
xx

Greta said...

I'm just loving the inspiration you 3 provided this month! Very different cards & all are wonderful! The coloring of the snowmen, the gorgeous elegance of the 2nd card & the great recycling you did, Maureen!

Donna said...

The design team always makes me smile with their cute cards! It's been pretty toasty here lately. Of course wishing for warmer weather and now that it's here you wish it was cooler. LOL! Loving the inspiration this month. And another Christmas card ready to go. As always, thanks for the fun challenge! Stay safe!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Yay! I made it again this month! Thank you for Rudolph Day and the wonderful inspiration here! The cards are all so cute! You and your team did a beautiful job as usual! Love your cute recycled raccoon image, so adorable! Great prizes too, thank you! They've relaxed some restrictions here in NS too, but hubby and I are still staying home except for groceries and medicine. Why take a chance. Stay safe, Maureen!

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm loving those purple cards and your recycled racoon is adorable Maureen! Vicky x

KathyA. said...

So many inspiring DT cards this month. I always enjoy stopping by!

Valerija said...

Thanks for the new challenge.
Wonderful inspitation cards. Love them all!
Valerija xx

cotnob said...

Thank you for another great challenge, super DT inspiration.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bobby said...

So glad to have another Christmas challenge to inspire me.

dutchess said...

Great inspiration Maureen....xxx

Swissie said...

Wonderful inspiration cards, - as always!
All the best for you all! Stay safe!
Hugs,
Liv x
l.frische@valaiscom.ch

My Paper Cat said...

Always enjoy taking part in this challenge.

Robyn Oliver said...

Great cards from you three ladies and thanks Maureen for continuing to prompt us to make our cards all through the year... hugs and stay safe Robyn

Janis said...

Beautiful samples for us to oooh and aaaaah over!! Love Linda's adorable snow scene with her spectacular coloring. Jenny's cards are always a work of art....gorgeous shimmer and such pretty die cuts. Your sweet critter image, Mo, is so soft and adorable! Thank you for another fun challenge!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Sorry to be a bit late to the party Mo, but have just entered my card. I love Linda's sweet snowman with the cat and bunny..super cute! Then the card from Jenny with the beautiful bauble and flowers, a very elegant look, and your upcycled topper is certainly worth saving and used excellently here backed with the bright and pretty papers and some twine and and a flower embellishment. x

Tina Z. said...

I love your inspirations, thank you for the challenge.
hugs xx

ionabunny said...

Yeah I'm in. Hottest day of the year so far, so dashing through the snow sounds like a fab idea. Happy Rudolf Days everyone. Hugz

Marianne said...

Happy Rudolphy Days! Such sweet creations and how fun to see how the colours on Linda and Jenny's cards seem to match. Well done, Maureen, on recycling and using up snippets. Love the sweet image.
Marianne x

Karen M said...

I’m glad I discovered this wonderful challenge via Vicky Hayes’ blog. Thank you for your lovely comments. Your card is really cute. Love that image and the background papers x

Mrs A. said...

Made it just in time with 4 minutes to spare. Hugs Mrs A.

Anonymous said...

Jenny’s card is gorgeous and your card is so adorable Maureen! As always, I’ve enjoyed browsing through the participants’ christmas creations - such a lovely variety of colours and styles!

My Paper Cat said...

Great inspiration. You ladies never let us down

Chris said...

Thanks for another challenge Maureen, the Dt inspiration cards are fabulous as always.
xx