Sunday 24 May 2020

Christmas Card Club - Humourous

Here is my Christams Card Club card for this fortnight. This club is a great way to get some cards made over the course of the year. You can check out the other ladies cards by clicking on the their names, situated on my right side bar.

This fortnights theme was chosen by Rachel at Fisher's Cards and Crafts.
This is a hard theme for me as I am not very funny! My husband is the humourous one in our family.
Luckily, I do have a couple of funny looking images so was able to fill the brief!

My card today features a very old (2008) Fluffles the Cat Christmas stamp. It is an old wooden stamp and it always amazes me how well rubber stamps hold up over the years.


My design is made up of snippets. The Christmas light background paper is a snippet of 12x12 scrapbook paper, leftover from a layout. It has long lost the identifying manufacturers edge.
The three green holly print fish tale banners are from another 12x12 snippet, again unknown.

I used a Wonky Stitched Rectangle die by Scrappin Cottage to cut out Fluffles. I then added a plain red mirri card mat. I  will add the die manufacturer later as I am not in my craft room at the moment. The image was coloured with pencil crayons and gamsol. Wink of Stella was added to the image quite liberally. A trio of green rhinestones finished off this card.

29 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable....I think I have this image....somewhere. It's a goodie. It reminds me that I should pull out some of the "old" stuff that is still so cute. It reminds me of my cat that used lie on the branches and that's why we stopped putting up a tree. He is no longer with us so considering a tree again, lol.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mo
Fabulous fun card ....
Stay safe
Hugs Sylvie xx

Aquarius said...

A great card and what an amusing stamp

Rita said...

Fantastic card Maureen. I bet that happens in some households over the festive period. Hugs Rita xxxx

Carole Pollard said...

Such a fun card lovely design Love and hugs Crole x

gwen70 said...

Brilliant card, love it xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very cute card
Gr Karin

KarinsArtScrap said...

is there still a challenge I cant find it anywhere

Gr Karin

Jules said...

Hi Mo

A lovely fun card.

Your image made me smile.

You must have a nice stack of Christmas cards building up by now!

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

dutchess said...

that's just like my cat used to do...if she wasn't in the tree that is....love it Maureen,great card to give a smile...take care xxx

Chris said...

Lovely festive card, the cute image made me smile!
xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Maureen, reminds me of the cat that we had when we were kids. It used to attack the tree every year and regularly got tangled with the tinsel.

Hope you are both well
Take care and stay safe
Sue xx

Carol L said...

I remember fluffles and he's still as cute as ever, caught up in the tangles of Christmas decorations! Great use of those snippets! I read your last comment on my blog and I can relate. My husband also has diabetes and suffered a stroke a few years ago, so trying to get his insulin and testing supplies is a real challenge these days as we now have to walk twice as far to get to the pharmacy with all these in/out restrictions thrust upon us. I try to stay positive but it isn't easy anymore - this has gone on far too long!
Take care and stay well, and I'm trying to do the same :)

Marilyn said...

Cute card! Love the image!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, a fun image and great papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bonnie said...

This image always brings a smile to my face! It definitely is a keeper! Love the Christmas lights on the paper that brings the design all together!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card. That cat is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card and a brilliant fun image Maureen, poor kitty hanging on for dear life, brought a smile to my face, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cute! Great use of snippets.

Linda Simpson said...

This is what my cats would look like if I let them have at it on the decorations. Poor kitty looks so funny hanging there.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathleen said...

Brilliant creation, just love that image, not seen that one before. Gret papers and design.

Kath x

Bunny said...

Another fun Christmas card. That cat is so cute. [Bunny]`

Liz said...

What a fun card Maureen, love the cute image. xx

Sandra H said...

Oh this is such a fun and adorable card love the papers used and fun loving image x

Marjut said...

Fantastic card!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love this card Maureen and this is so typical of cats getting themselves stuck in situations where their curiosity has won over.
Lorraine

Greta said...

Adorable image & just love your card design, Maureen!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely fun card

Mrs A. said...

I nearly gave up on making a humourous card but then I found a recycled card with cats on which saved th4 day. I like this cute little kitty. Hugs Mrs A.