Monday 13 April 2020

NBUS Easter Cards

Happy Belated Easter! I can finally post these cards. They were for my grandchildren and as they read my blog, I could not show them any earlier.

My friend Darnell has a fabulous NBUS challenge running till the end of April.  Since we are all somewhat housebound, it is a good time to break out the Never Before USed Stuff and actually use it!

My NBUS item today are the Hunky Dory step card bases. I bought them at my local papercrafts store as I have always wanted to give stepper cards a try. I know I could cut them by hand, but these seemed like a huge timesaver.

The certer panel is Best Creations 12x12 paper that I cut down into 6x6. It is a very thick paper with lots of embossed and glittery accents. It was a bit too thick for the step pieces so I chalked them with aqua and teal chalk. Obviously not enough though, as you can barely see it in the photos. The lovely thing about chalk is that you can add extra coats so easily. If it gets on the stepper embellies, then you just run a white eraser over them. The fishtale flag is a snippet from my snippets box.

The images are precoloured Sylvia Zet Wee Bunnies from The Hobby House. I photocopied the sheet so that I could use the photo copy for the bottom layer and then fussy cut the actual images from the precoloured sheet for the top layer. I ran a quick coat of Wink of Stella over select areas for a bit of sparkle. The mat is a circular frame die, manufacturer unknown.



The Happy Easter sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and the grass diecuts are Memory Box, Grassland Border and Fresh Cut grass.
Flowers are from my VOS. They are various types of  paper fibre, material and felt.


The inside sentiment is by Cottage Cutz called Happy Easter Phrase. I cut it from glitter paper as it is a little heavier than 110 pound paper and did not distort the script when removing it from the die.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.
1. Darnell's NBUS challenge - Hunky Dory stepper card base
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets. I used snippets for the Lawn Fawn sentiment and the various bits of grass.

14 comments:

Bunny said...

Mo, these are great. They are so cute. I have to tell my family that the blog is off limits sometimes so I can post Christmas, birthday, Thanksgiving or Mother and Father's Day cards.

I'm glad that you have family that like to look at your blog as mine does too. They've almost all had a turn at sitting down with me and watching me make a card from start to finish. Little did they realize that I can put 1 and 1/2 hours or more on one card. That makes them appreciate the cards even more. [Bunny]

Liz said...

These are so cute, Maureen. The images are adorable and I love the patterned papers. I'm sure your grandchildren were thrilled to receive them. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards No, such sweet images and fabulous colouring.
I hope you had a lovely Easter, albeit with a difference, keep safe Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous Easter cards Maureen, I'm sure that your ganddaughters loved them.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Aww hoe cute are your cards adorable images lovely layouts and colours used stay safe x

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Maureen, adorable toppers and great design - I'm sure your grandchildren loved them.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marilyn said...

Adorable Easter cards!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and beautiful cards Maureen
Gr Karin

Carol L said...

What a darling pair of Easter cards for your grands! I'm sure they were delighted with them! Happy belated Easter too by the way :)

Darnell said...

Your snippets Easter cards for your grands are very special, Mo! The step designs are perfect for spring and all the bright colors are so cheerful ~ just what we all need right now! Thank you so much for sharing at NBUS! Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Mo! How wonderful that you came to play - delighted to see you. And I do love both these cards - extra special as they're steppers as well! Lovely splash of Spring - and goodness knows we need something cheerful right now.

Hugs

Di xx

Greta said...

Wowzer--these are amazing, Maureen! So many wonderful details! Bet your grandchildren loved them!

KandA said...

These are both gorgeous cards Mo, super images and lovely colours xx

Pia S said...

These are darling ones! So cute! I think it’s sweet that your grandchildren follow your blog too, taking an interest in grandma’s hobby.