Sunday 26 April 2020

Christmas Card Club - Baubles / Ornaments

The theme this fortnight was chosen by Kate at the Christmas Card Club.
Kate's blog is I Love Socks and Cards, and she is well worth visiting!

We are a group of ladies who make up a Christmas card every fortnight  to take the pressure off making cards at Christmas time. We each take turns chosing the theme. If you wish to view the other members cards, I have hyperlinks on my right sidebar.

I have a fairly simple design for my card today. This is a card that is meant to showcase the image, so I added very little decoration.

This is an image from Wild Rose Studio called Mouse on a Bauble. I think it is so sweet.  I have a collection of Wild Rose Studio stamps and most have not yet met ink! I am going to try to use them at least once each by the end of this year!


The background design paper is Scrapberries Snowflakes Lustrous Lilac from their Elegantly Festive Collection, I have a couple of friends who love purple and lilac shades so decided to make yet another non traditional coloured card!

The image is coloured with copics and shaded around the edges with Tim Holtz distress inks.

I merely matted the image and the sentiment onto some snippets of purple mirri card. I gave the fur trim on the hat and the dots on the baubles a touch of Stickles, added a few rhinestones and called it a day. Hope you like it!

33 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a cute and lovely card

Gr Karin

Rita said...

What a lovely card Maureen. I just love it, so cute. Stay Safe. Hugs Rita xxx

Sandra H said...

So cute just love your card x

dutchess said...

It’s a great image Maureen...but sadly I don’t know what make ...sorry...hope you are keeping well and staying safe...take care xxx

Chris said...

Cute image and lovely design- love the colour combo and papers. Keep trying to motivate myself to make a few Christmas cards, now, with time on my hand, would be a good opportunity- but it's not happening!
xx

Lisa Lynn said...

That's so adorable.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, loving your sweet card, fabulous design and the image is adorable.
I hope you are well and keeping sane and safe, Kate x

gwen70 said...

Love this card, such a gorgeous image xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is such a cute image Maureen. Lovely card and super colours. Christine

Marilyn said...

Adorable card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Aw this is so cute! He looks as if he's having great fun swinging away on that bauble. A great card for our theme this week.
Lorraine

Bunny said...

This is a cute little image and I love the sentiment. [Bunny]

Bonnie said...

This is a sweet image, Maureen! I can see why you'd want to have it in your collection! Great use of patterned paper!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Maureen, lovely card, great image, and fab colouring. Sorry, don't know the maker though.Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz X

Linda Simpson said...

Oh how cute, I love this one it almost has a vintage sepia feel to it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Marjut said...

Beautiful!

Zoe Tant said...

Super cute bauble card Maureen. Love it! Zoe x

Carol L said...

Oh how cute! Sorry I don't know who makes this stamp but it's adorable and I love the way you finished it into a great little Christmas card! Well done!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute image and I love the way you have colored it too. This is a wonderful card design.

rachel said...

This is very cute - really lovely Maureen! Hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

A really super creation, such a cute image and really lovely warm colours.

Kath x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maureen
What a fabulous cute Card....so adorable
Hugs Sylvie xx
Keep safe x

Mrs A. said...

Golly, how sweet is this. I love your colourway. Hope you are managing ok with you lockdown in your country. I am quite happy to be at home so the lockdown hadn’t been too bad except for getting food deliveries. I feel like I have been doing nothing but sourcing it for the last two months. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

I finally found your blog again and had to re follow.x
Great and cute designed project. Hope you are doing well.

Christine Alexander said...

Adorable little mouse Mo, can't wait to see your others :)

Eemeli said...

Cute creation and I love how you matched the color scheme perfectly with the designer paper.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli

Words and Pictures said...

What a sweet image - when I first looked at him, I thought he was swinging through the universe on a planet!
Alison x

Liz said...

Your card is just adorable, Maureen! x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous little mouse swinging away on the bauble. Such a beautiful card.

Sue xx

Donna said...

What an adorable image! Your little mouse on the ornament sure brought a smile to my face! Cute Christmas card!

Whisper said...

Aaah what a sweetie and it so reminds me of 'Miley Cyrus / Wrecking Ball' sorry hun, Luv Sam x

Pia S said...

Usually I make good progress on my Christmas cards during the year, but this year I’ve got only a few ready and made so far. Even though they’re my favorites to make I just have a designer’s blockage for Christmas at the moment... this image is super cute and your inking and distressing look great!