Thursday 25 April 2019

April Rudolph Days Challenge

It is time for the April Rudolph Days Challenge. As always, here are the rules for your perusal...


1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month (January to November) on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.

9. A special draw will be held at the end of the year, in December,  for all those who submitted a card or project every month that year, January to November.

First up is Linda at Snail's Space Blog

Linda has made these delightful penguin cards. These penguins look ready for a cold, frosty day with their cute earmuffs and colourful scarves! The first has a great masculine look and the second shouts out it is feminine...in fact it is calling to me!!! While the plaid background is perfect for the first card, I so love the beauty of the pink design paper on the second card.


I also really like the way the merry die cut sentiment is showcased on this second card.  As always, Linda has coloured these little fellows so beautifully.



Sam has kindly made us two cards as well. 
First up is this amazing polar bear card. The bear looks fabulous but the card design takes center stage! I love the Merry Christmas sentiment popping up over the top edge of the card.


Sam's second card is so pretty. I think the colouring is spot on and the wee mittens are so sweet here.
Perfect with that background design paper!
I am also loving the rounding of the two corners...this is something I must remember to try as it gives such a polished look. 


I think we were all thinking of two cards, as I have made up two as well. First up is this square card featuring a Sue Wilson angel die from her Festive Collection.
The angel was cut from a snippet of plain golden yellow card stock. I slid a snippet of white glitter card behind for a little extra punch and mounted that finished angel onto a square snippet of white snowflake  embossed card. 

The embossed snippet was a tad too small for my card so I just pretended that I meant to look more like a mat than a background!

The Joy sentiment was cut from another white glitter snippet. I think it is a die from The Works, picked up while I was in England last year.


My second card is very similar except I used the Sue Wilson Three Wise Men die from the Festive Collection. I think you can notice the white glitter card easier on this one!



Our prizes this month are a choice of this Peace and Joy Kaiser Craft stamp 


or this Memory Box Peace Circle die.

40 comments:

Eemeli said...

Fab inspiration and beautiful creations. Was an early bird this time (well, it is actually 10 am in Finland so not that early... :)

Hugs,
Eemeli

Jackie T said...

Thank you for the challenge. The prizes are awesome. Plus I am keeping on top of my Christmas makes thanks to you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely cards, great inspirations as always!

Kathleen said...

Lovely creations by the team.
Kath x

mamapez5 said...

I love all the design team cards this month, especially your angel and Joy dies. I must have a look for those. Thank you for hosting another challenge to get me crafting. I need a bit of incentive sometimes! happy Rudolph day. Kate x

Sandra H said...

Fabulous array of cards with such gorgeous images too xx

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Mo! I'm trying to make a card here and do hope to join in! Your card with a 'Joy' die on probably isn't unbranded - I have exactly the same Joy die, made/sold by The Works here in the UK.

Hope you're recovering well.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

Wonderful cards from the DT ... two from each - bonus! Sorry about my link up, I missed checking the box and when I did, it didn't give me the option to just add my name. xx

Brenda said...

What amazing inspiration from the design team. I hope to try and get a card done for this month. I haven't played along, but do make Christmas cards each month for my stash. But really hope to play along. Thanks Maureen, your the best! Hoping all is going well with your knee replacement!! Hugs, Brenda

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful cards from the designers! Love them all! I have my cards ready just need to photograph them.

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely selection of cards for our inspiration, thank you,Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the Rudolph Days Challenge. It is a great way for me to get my cards done for the month. And, I love all the cards you made as well. All are fantastic and wonderfully made.

Sandy said...

Lovely samples Mo. Your glittery snippet works so well.

Liz said...

Beautiful selection of Christmas cards. Lovely to see how the same stamp or die can be used in different ways. xx

Greta said...

Wow--just love all your cards to inspire us! All so creative & beautiful!

cotnob said...

Fabulous inspiration cards, they are all so different.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Suzanne H said...

I'm so glad I found this challenge. At least I make one Christmas card a month! Thanks for all the inspiration.

Darnell said...

Wonderful Christmas designs, ladies! I'm playing just for fun! Hugs, Darnell

Sally H said...

wonderful inspiration! Thanks for your wonderful challenge. I think I need that polar bear stamp!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Maureen! Thank you for a new Rudolph Day! Gorgeous cards! I love how everyone made 2 samples! Thanks for helping to keep me on track with my goal of 2 cards a month. I just linked up one and hope to make another one if I possibly can! Hope all is well with you!

Christine Alexander said...

Wonderful cards by the DT, and so glad I managed to play this month :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Fabulous samples and inspiration, good luck everyone!
Lorraine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Mo,
Do hope you’re travelling okay over there, and well done to everyone! some great cards made by Linda and Sam, wonderful DT work, but really love those Sue Wilson dies with the Works joy die, superb!
Love the stamp set too so yes please.
Thanks heaps for running this challenge as they’re such a big deal to run.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Jane Willis said...

Sorry to be so late to the party this month! But I got here in the end.

Greta said...

Love the inspiration from all of you! Your elegant cards really caught my eye, Maureen!

Elizabeth said...

Lots of inspiration this month, Maureen. Your cards are very beautiful. Elizabeth xx

Mrs A. said...

I was determined to enter along this month. Hugs Mrs A.

Jules said...

Lots of lovely DT inspiration .. .. .. so happy I managed to enter this month!!

Love Jules xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a pair of stunning Xmas cards hun and both so different too, Luv Sam x

Lynne said...

Fabulous cards by the DT and it's great to see how different 2 versions of the same card look x

KathyA. said...

Can't believe the year is going by so quickly. Thanks for keeping us inspired to make Christmas cards.

Janis said...

Lovely inspiration by everyone!! Wonderful cards....beautiful and so creative.
Thank you for another Rudolph Days challenge.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

What wonderful dies, Maureen! I'll have to look into them! I love how you've added the glitter paper and that joy die is beautiful! Thanks so much for the inspiration and the challenge!

Pat said...

Great cards from you and the DT Mo, and I adore your two SW dies both backed with pretty glitter card and such pretty embossing in the background, and Linda's cute penguins beautifully coloured with different embellishments, and then Sam's wonderfully designed polar bear card and the second coloured so perfectly and with the cut mittens too. I'm afraid I have run out of time to get a card in this month, it has been an extra busy one but hopefully next month I might just make it, at least there will be an extra day to post it..lol. x

Marianne said...

Great cards by the DT. Thanks for the incentive to keep going with my Christmas cards. So happy I managed to link up this month.
Marianne x

Joan said...

Lovely cards by the DT


Joan

Bunny said...

Thank you for the challenge. Nice DT cards.

Tina Z. said...

amazing inspirations, I love them!
crafty hugs xx

ionabunny said...

Happy Rudolf days everyone. Hugz

AlisonC said...

These simple cards you've made with the die cuts are lovely. Great effect against the embossing. x