Thursday 25 October 2018

October Rudolph Days Challenge.

October seemed to race by at a thunder! We have had beautiful, sunny weather here on the West Coast of Canada. We have spent it in the garden, at the lake, boating and fishing.  A lovely Fall to treasure.

 Please have a quick peek at the rules before you play.

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month (January to November) on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.

9. A special draw will be held at the end of the year, in December,  for all those who submitted a card or project every month that year, January to November.

First up is Jenny from Cardsarus blog.

Jenny has made us this lovely vision in blues. The image of the children playing in the snow made my smile and think of my grankids!  The blue circular mat and stitched corner triangles look to have a lovely shimmer!

I feel honoured that Jenny had time to make a card as she has been so busy caring for her husband  who was recently in hospital. With her care, hopefully he will be on the mend.

Pop on over to jenny's blog to see full views of this pretty card.



Sam at Whispers Cards has two cards for us this month.  The first is this adorable snowman card. This little fellows are so sweet and their clothing is coloured so nicely.  Perfect with that gorgeous DP.

Sam's second card is a fabulous blue and white sweetie.Those penguins are so sweet and I am in love with that penny Black  Let It Snow diecut. If you pop on over to Sam's blog, you can read all about just how she made this stunning card.



My card is another snippets one. The card base is Hunky Dory and I am not sure what they call this fold. The SE gold star DP is left over from a scrapbook page and the red glitter card for the mat and the sentiment are from my scraps files.

The image is from a bag of used cards my friend gave me. They are all from the 1950's. I cut it down into a topper and it was  fun to plan a card around it.


The sentiment is a die cut from the Sue Wilson Festive collection.  I placed it right over that pretty DP. I plan to write a quick note on the right side flap, and sign there too.



When you make a card of this design, do you add a velcro button closure? or ...? It is hard to photograph without it! 

Our prizes this month are a choice of this Memory Box Winsome Snowflake Collage die

or this Newtons Nook, All Aboard for Christmas Stamp.



48 comments:

Kath said...

Fabulous cards from the DT - it's hard to believe this is the 10th Rudolph Day this year - where has the time gone?
Kath x

Liz said...

Wonderful cards again for inspiration from you and your DT, Maureen. I've always called your style of card a Gatefold card. With cards difficult to photograph because they don't stay shut, I stick them together with a repositional glue runner, then remove the glue when I've taken the photo. It's easy to just rub off the glue. Hope this helps. xx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful are all of the Dt's creations x

Sue - said...

Some lovely cards!

mamapez5 said...

Well snow seems to be the theme on the designers mind this month, but I have gone for something different. But they have made lovely cards to inspire us. I am off to UK next weekend, but I am hoping to be back here before they get their first real snowfall of the year! Kate x

KandA said...

Wonderful inspiration from the DT xx

ionabunny said...

Wow, where did the month go!! Thanks for the reminder. Back soon with a little something something. Hugz

Carol L said...

Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration from the DT with their cards this week! Love them all :)

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Mo. Finally am here to join in again. As was away on 25th Aug and 25th Sept I've brought a late note 😁 prob missed few before that as things havent been as easy this year so no prize for joining in every challenge. Maybe next year.
Great work by DT.. all stunning. I'm way behind in my cards this year.
God bless Mo trust you're well.
I'm just playing for fun.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful inspiration card from everyone.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a very super snippets make and that image is lovely.
Great fold of card I too am not sure of it's name.
Love the paper used and that super sentiment die cut is brilliant.
We too have had some brill weather for Autumn it has definitely been more like summer.
Thank you so much for having me on your DT again this year.
I feel very priviledged to have shared the task with such super talented ladies.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

LesleyG said...

What lovely projects again, and what a cute stamp prize too. Keeping fingers crossed :) Happy Rudolph Day everyone xxx

Chris said...

Wonderful card from the DT this month, such a variety of techniques and some lovely ideas! Rudolph Day has snuck up very quickly this month...!
Chris
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful design team projects! Hoping to get a card made soon!

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful inspiration by everyone!! I can't believe it
is almost November!!! Crazy!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Maureen, well, I'll not be up for your special award this year ... I've been really terrible keeping up with the challenge. Never mind, there's always next year. The cards from you and the DT are truly inspirational and I love both the prizes too. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous inspirations!!

Loll said...

Great card Maureen! Love the vintage image you've used on your card. I believe this fold is called gate fold. Gorgeous on the inside too. Wonderful inspiration from your Design Team. xx

Gail said...

Thank you for the new challenge - I hope to enter

scrappymo! said...

Just testing to ensure embedded format has been removed

Helen said...

Thanks for the inspiration & fun challenge!
Helen x

Jackie T said...

Hi thank you for the challenge. The cards made by the Design Team are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

meg said...

thanks for another Rudolph Day challenge, almost finished my Christmas cards now

Linby said...

Lovely DT work as always. Happy Rudolph Day x

Lady Joyful said...

Beautiful inspiration from the team!

Brenda said...

OMGosh, it is time for Rudy day again?!! Where do these months go?! Well I am hoping to make some cards on Monday with a friend, so maybe I can join in this time around. Awesome inspiration from the design team!!! Hugs, Brenda

Tina Z. said...

wow, amazing inspirations!
hugs xx
treebug

hellerlittle said...

I can't believe it's Christmas Day in two months!
Wonderful inspiration cards from the designers!
So happy to be joining again this month.
My Christmas card stash is building!
CU hellerlittle

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Mo! Thank you for another Rudolph Days to help us keep on track with making our holiday cards! Your cards are gorgeous, and your team did a beautiful job as well! Good news - my husband is supposed to be discharged within the next couple weeks! He has a long road ahead of him but I'll be so happy to have him home and then I won't have the long bus trip which is wearing me out. I hope to be getting back to regular blogging when he gets home.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the card you made too. I love the wonderful layout. It looks like it is a gatefold one. I have not made one of those in ages.

Kathleen said...

I have commented on the DT's individually so I will try to comment on your MO.
A really super image, can not believe it is from the 1950's, great use of the red glitter card as a backing for the topper and super papers.

Kath x

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous fun snowy cards from Jenny and Sam

Darnell said...

You three ladies made sensational cards to inspire us! I hadn't heard about Jenny's husband, so thank you for letting us know about him. I'm playing just for fun! Thank you for all you do!! Hugs, Darnell

Jane Willis said...

A bit late to the party this month - life is hectic!

Whisper said...

Oooo I'm loving the vintage feel to your image hun, great layout too, luv Sam x

Greta said...

Love the snowy DT cards & wonderful prizes!

Lynne said...

Wonderful cards by the DT and love the image on your up cycled card x

cuilliesocks said...

Lots of fabulous inspiration from the team, I've managed to enter a card this month, Kate x

MaryH said...

What a wonderful group of DT cards for this month's Rudy Day. I am loving what you've done with the recycled card too. It looks so pretty on the folded card (I think in the USA we call this a gate fold). Good job on doing some pretty retro looks with the stash of cards you've been given. They are too lovely to not enjoy once again! TFS & Hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

A beautiful variety of inspiration from the Design Team, thank you! xoxo

Chris said...

Beautiful creations from the DT as always!
Chris
x

Megan J said...

Thank you for another challenge to inspire us to get out Christmas cards out of the way. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Janis said...

Fabulous cards!! Thank you for this fun challenge. I haven't missed a month this year, so I certainly did not want to miss this one!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Di said...

Wonderful DT cards Mo - and I do love your gatefold card - who would have thought the topper goes back that many years?!. As Liz suggests, I hold certain card closed to take photos by using just a slick of removable tape runner which rubbs off easily afterwards! So pleased I managed to join in again - it's a full house for me this year with just your November challenge to go!

Hugs

Di xx

Donna said...

Lots of awesome inspiration this month from the design team. Thanks for sharing!

Pat said...

Sorry to be late with entry again Mo, but I did want to enter if possible. I love Jenny's gorgeous snowy scene and Sam's two beautiful cards with the snowmen and the sweet penguins, and then your pretty upcycled card with the wonderful wintry scene with the house and the snowy tree, such a traditional image. I will try to get my entry in earlier next time I promise. x

KathyA. said...

Just stumbled upon your challenge and LOVE it. Posted an entry and will be back again. Your inspiration cards are great.

Suzanne H said...

I've been following Kitty's KTDesigns blog and saw her posts to your challenges. I hope to join in every month next year. It should help me keep committed to making a Christmas card each month so there is not this mad dash at the end of the year. Thanks so much!