Sunday 14 October 2018

Christmas Card Club - Monochromatic Design

Kate at I Love Socks and Cards blog, chose a Monochromatic theme for this fortnights' Christmas Card Club.

While I still had my supplies out on my desk, I have created another Let it Snow card.   I usually forget to use my embossing folders, but I saw so many lovely embossed cards on my Blogger reader that I was inspired to use one of mine as well.


This is another 5 1/4 inch square card, but this time it was created completely from snippets.. The aqua embossed background was created with a snippet of Bazzill 110 pound card and a La Crea Embossing folder. The Memory Box Bianca Snowflake was cut from snippets of white glitter card that were left over from creating 12 card kits of this design for my Langley Stampers Club. I used my last snippet for the Sue Wilson  Let it Snow die, and the sentiment is my favourite, tried and true  Christmas stamp.




A group of 12 ladies get together once a month and we take turns creating and bringing card kits for the others. Although I have had my turn this year, one of our members is very poorly and so I took over her turn. Another lady helped out as well and we each brought 12 card kits.

Once I had finished making up all the kits, I had quite a few snippets, let me tell you. So I just kept cutting and making up more kits! They should be great fun to assemble during the coming weeks. One can never have too many finished Christmas cards!


The center aqua mirri card snowflake is Memory Box, Trio of Pointed Snowflakes. I used some snippets to cut the  two smaller snowflakes from this trio, and used the second snowflake on the back of this card.




I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1.  Christmas Card Club - Monochromatic

25 comments:

rachel said...

This is beautiful Maureen - really lovely! Gorgeous colours! Hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Maureen, loving your gorgeous card a perfect for the challenge. The colours and embossing is lovely and those cool snowflakes too, thanks for doing the challenge, Kate x

dutchess said...

Lovely card Maureen...fabulous snowflakes and that embossing folder is gorgeous...love the aqua colour xxxxx

Chris said...

I love monochrome, your card is beautiful, gorgeous colour choice and I love the embossing too!
Chris
x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous card Maureen, the colours are lovely.

Sue xx

MaryH said...

Good for you at using up some snippets on this lovely card! I think the embossing looks great with these pretty snowflakes. Also loving your color choice too! TFS & Hugs. Have a great week.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a so sweet and fresh card, love the different textures and the CE mirri snowflake is just delicious. Love the detail on the back of the card too

Kath said...

A beautiful card - I love the snowflake EF you've used.
Kath x

cotnob said...

A lovely card Maureen, a pretty embossing folder and lovely blues - I always forget to use my embossing folders as well!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the embossing and the snowflakes!! It's so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Christine Harrop said...

Love your card Maureen and such pretty colours.too. hugs Christine x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What an awesome snowflake card. I love the blue and white color combo too.

Carol L said...

A real stunner is what this card is Mo! I love the sparkle and shimmer and especially the wonderful colors along with your snowflakes! Beautiful card!

Liz said...

Stunning card, Maureen. I love the colours and the design is really beautiful. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
beautifully made card and that embossing looks to stunning.
Love the wonderful colours too.
My that sounds like amarathon your card kits.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a pretty card and lovely embossing too. I have so many embossing folders that I forget to use too.
Lorraine

Carole Pollard said...

So lovely I love the design and colours on this great card Love and hugs Carole x

KandA said...

Fabulous card Maureen, love the embossing and super snowflake xx

Tracy said...

Lovely! I like the special papers you used for the snowflake. I've been in the mood to pull out several embossing folders lately too. It's such a pretty effect.

Greta said...

So festive & elegant--love this, Maureen! The dry embossing is a wonderful element!

Mrs A. said...

A gorgeous snowflake card. I love the snowflake die that was my Rudolph day prize from you. It really does cut like a dream. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful!!
I too need to use my embossing folders more.

Pia S said...

The blue enhances the feel of cold and winter. The embossed pattern is beautiful.

Joan said...

Lovely card, love the frosty colours. Like you I forget to use my embossing folders but this year I'm trying to use them and my dies !