Monday 1 May 2017

Christmas Card Club - Nativity

Mary H at Carolina Cards blog  chose a Nativity theme for this fortnights Christmas Card Club.
I always love to make a Nativity themed card as it is a chance to focus on the true meaning of Christmas.

My NBUS item today is the Three Wise Men decoupage  sheet.  I bought this eons ago, so long ago that I am not quite sure where!  I think it was perhaps at a papercraft garage sale as there is no labeling of any sort on the page...

I used another of my pre-folded dull sheen, platinum 5x5 cards. I did not want any DP to take away from the focus on the wise men. I thought this dull platinum sheen suited the robes of the kneeling King, and went with the misty sort of background of the scene.

The kit came with the gilded border strip and the sentiment strip, but they are all slightly different shades of gold. Not sure if I like that part of it...  


I trimmed up the Merry Christmas to have an uneven hand cut look as it was the only way to remove and blend in the wee tabs of paper that hold the sentiment on the decoupage sheet. They are always such a nuisance to trim off evenly.  I hand cut a gold satin mat to slide behind the sentiment and popped it off the card with one layer of pop dots.


Finally, I added some various sized gold stars  that I punched from some snippets of gold satin card and threw on a few darker gold tiny rhinestones.

If you would like to join our Christmas Card Club, drop me an email. To check out the other members cards, click on any of their names and hyperlinks listed on my right sidebar.            

26 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

This is really lovely Maureen, just perfect for the challenge, great design too, Kate x

rachel said...

brilliant make! I love your scene - great nativity! Hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

Very classy card Mo, love all the gold.

Kath x

Berina RGA said...

Wow! This is very beautiful. I love the wise men decoupage image. Very elegant card.

Di said...

This is really lovely Mo - so right to let the focus remain on the Wise Men. The added stars, rhinestones and the border go so well. Neat trick with the sentiment strip too.

Hugs

Di xx

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is a gorgeous card, Maureen!

Carol L said...

This is very pretty and I love the 3D look!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Maureen. I love traditional scene. xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is so lovely Maureen. Like you, I really love to make cards that shoe what Christmas is all about!! I hope things are going better for you!Hugs Christine xx

dutchess said...

beautiful decoupage Maureen....and that boarder strip really ties in the design....great card xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

~A beautiful decoupage image Maureen, and your clean and simple design shows it off beautifully.
Lorraine

Donna said...

Bautiful card! The decopage is wonderful. Love that image of the 3 Magi. Hope you are well!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty, I like all the gold and the dimension!

mamapez5 said...

Congratulations to Loll for winning this month's challenge.
And I love your own card. Again it is one that tells the true story of Christmas, which is what I really like. I actually like the little strip along the bottom too. The decoupage sheet was a good find at your garage sale, so I am glad finally made use of it. Kate x

Carol said...

Love your decoupage Maureen and it works so well with your base card. I like the fussy cutting too...though you can't beat the die cut stuff if you're in a hurry :) Carol x

Zoe Tant said...

Super card Maureen just right for the challenge. Zx

Jean said...

I love this, it's a lovely three kings image and your base card and the stars show it off perfectly.
Jean x

Cara said...

Just beautiful, it really draws your eye to the nativity scene, but adds interest, rather than just a blank card. Can't word it properly, but hopefully you get what I mean! Cara x

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Maureen, a beautiful nativity scene and great dimension.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW so much depth...awesome!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
oh my this is so gorgeous and beatifully created.
Love that wonderful image, and your super design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandra H said...

This is beautiful l love the image and the decoupage beautiful scene too! x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Mo.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

MagsB said...

This is so lovely and classic, Mo!

love Mags B x

Mrs A. said...

This is beautiful and just how a nativity card should look in my book. Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

This is a beautiful and traditional card Maureen and love the dimension of the scene. The soft background suits it perfectly. x