This past month has flown by. It is hard to believe it is once again time for my Rudolph Days Challenge. You have until September 30th to submit your Christmas card or Christmas themed project.
Here is a recap of the rules in case you are new to this challenge.
1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the world.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month.
I had fun making this layered Christmas card. This is another card that really raided my on hand stash.
The grey snowflake DP is the only newish item. The rest are leftover bits and bobs from past creations. I rounded one corner of the 4 squares of red and white poinsettia Wild Rose Studio, Festive Wishes DP and arranged them to highlight the Stampendous Christmas Owl image. Coloured the image with copics and stamped a second owl to fussy cut and pop forward for an extra layer. I added a bit of Star Dust stickles to the front of the toque...just a bit of shimmer! I also outlined the image details with a Sakura Jelly Roll pen. It gave everything a nice shimmery detailing.
I chose the lime green colour for the toque stripes as I knew I had some limey green embellishments I wanted to use up. Added the last three lime green felt snowflakes from my stash...felt good to use the last of these. The chipboard sentiment is from my random sentiment bits drawer and was chosen strictly for the green colour! lol
The flowers are K & Co Mod Holiday Felts and I was pleased that they balanced and tied the lime green in as well. All in all, there are 6 layers of paper on my card and 8 layers of felt in total. A truly fun card to make!
Here is the photo of the September prize . A Memory Box Merry Ornament Die.
In honour of the spirit of the Rudolph Days Challenge I am having a second prize this month. I have mentioned in the past about how I love the unique way this challenge inspires the entrants to participate. This has never been a drop a card and run challenge. Instead, this has always been a place where entrants visit each other, leave comments and friendships are born. I met many of my followers here!
To encourage the continued leaving of comments, I am offering a Memory Box Dazzling Snowflake Die. After you enter your Xmas card or project, just leave at least comments on at least 10 other entries (including mine) to be entered in this second prize draw. Mention in a comment that you have done so and would like entered for both prize draws.
I am entering this card in the following chllenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
Here is the linky to the September Rudolph Days Challenge. I am looking forward to seeing your entries and wish you all good luck in the draw.