Sunday, 7 April 2013
Silver and another!
Silver and another colour that is! It's time for another challenge over at the Christmas Card Club. Sylvie at Gibmiss challenged us to this gorgeous colour combination and I'm glad she did! I love working with my glimmery, glitzy papers and as I was rummaging through my Christmas stash, not only did I find this elegant silver damask patterned paper, I also found a highly glimmery, heavy weight red cardstock, suitable to make the card base.
Here is another view...slightly better for glare but i had to tilt the card at a funny angle...
Earlier this year I made my first folded card and I am hooked! Both papers I found were 12 x 12...usually these never work out for cards for me as the patterns are generally too big. In this case, I was lucky enough to be able to use them and therefore had enough paper to make a 6 inch square folded card.
I had a couple of the scalloped rectangles left from some Xmas cards in 2012, so decided to use it for the flap. The scallop is a really heavy weight as well, so will take the wear and tear of being the part that gets handled to open the card.
Here is the inside of the card. I left room for signatures and that's about it.
All in all, I am really pleased with how this card turned out. The only drawback is that it will never fit through the slot at the post office so I will use it for a hand delivered card.
Card base - red glimmered heavy weight cardstock from my stash, 6x6 folded card
DP - Creative imaginations, Silver Damask
Matt Silver Scallop card front - from my stash, originally from Michaels
Dies - Memory Box, drop ornament and Emma ornament
Bling - teeny diamonds from my stash,
Peace Bling - from my stash, originally from Michaels
I am entering this in the following challenges:
1.CHNC Extra - must be Christmas
2. Marks Finest Papers Speedy TV Christmas Card Challenge- must be Christmas
3. Sister ACt Card Challenge - Anything goes
4. 2 Sisters Challenge - Anything goes
5. Jingles Belles - Shine on Shine on.
6. Speedy TV Friends of Speedy Tv - Song, Book or Movie, I heard the bells on Christmas Day Peace on earth, Goodwill to men
7. Marks Finest Papers Speedy TV Simple Salutations - Anything goes
8. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets, my snippets are the ornament and the white card base offcuts that the inside sentiment is on
9. Totally Gorjuss - Anything goes with Sparkle
10. Squirrel and the Fox - Inspired by a song or movie, I heard the bells on Christmas Day...Peace on Earth and Goodwill to men