Now I know that I already posted a vintage Christmas card this month...but I was practising! Practicing for Lizzie's Vintage Christmas card theme for this fortnight's Christmas Card Club.
We each take turns choosing a theme. By the end of the year I will have a good supply of cards finished...I plan to address them in July and then again in early November! I am looking forward to a Christmas without that frantic feeling of trying to get the cards finished in time to post.
Here is my vintage card...I had fun doing this one. The image is another canvas one from 2006! Best part is I still have 3 canvas images left.
I chose a 5x7 card base this time. The image was so tall that it really needed the larger base. It would have been lovely on a 8x8 square but I do not have any of those:( Now that would have been a fun size to embellish! I kept it fairly simple as I wanted the image to dominate the page. Just a Memory box die and an Impression Obsession snowflake die. I did not pop anything forward this time. I am trying to make a few cards that will fit through the slot at the post office...this one has a button (from one of my husbands old shirts) and some diamond bling so I did not want to risk raising it any further. Fingers crossed!
Card recipe as follows:
Card base and envelope - from my stash; Michaels white 5x7
Design paper - from my stash; MME Lost and Found Christmas Boughs Paper (brocade paper) snippet
- MME Lost and Found Christmas Holly Paper (red and cream glittered stripe) snippet
- Doodlebug Designs Flowerbox, brown woodgrain paper
Card Stock - kraft from my stash (snippet)
Dies - Memory Box; Frosty Border
- Impression Obsession snowflake
Button - from my stash (the brown, beige, ivory etc buttons in my "Neutral" button jar are from old clothes
Twine - from my stash (a really small snippet as I could not locate my larger piece)
Bling - from my stash; Dollarama red diamonds (snippet)
Ink - Colourbox Chestnut roan (on edges of kraft cardstock)
Image - from my stash...Crafty Secrets Canvas image 2006 (snippet)
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Sister Act - Anything goes
3. CHNC Extra - Anything Christmas
4. Marks Finest Papers Christmas Card Challenge - anything Christmas
5. Christmas at Sweet Stamping - Kraft
6. 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Father Christmas
7. Christmas Stamping all Year Long - Celebrating Snow
8. Joanna Sheen Challenge - Recycle (button from husbands old shirt)
9. Jingle Belles - Recycled