One more Christmas card added to the finished cards bin. It sure has been nice to see that stack of cards grow! I made a commitment to make at least 3 of these cards per month so this is my final Christmas card for March. Whew...I was cutting it close to the wire! Had to get this posted before month end so that it counts in my totals.
Not sure that I like it all that much,,, I send cards to a wide variety of people so I know it will work out OK for someone...just have to figure out who!
Just one little tip and then on to the recipe as I am tired from our Stanley Park train ride and visit to the Aquarium afterwards. The large red cardstock was embossed in the center with a spellbinders square die...then the white cardstock in the center was embossed with a size smaller square die...and finally...yes...you guessed it the red cardstock square in the center was embossed using another smaller square. Hard to photgraph so thought I would share that detail.
Card base - Michaels 5x5 card and envelope pack from my stash
Cardstock - red and white from my snippets stash
Dies - Spellbinder squares used to emboss a frame around the white square
- Corner Die Marianne Creatables LR0143 (a candy win from Shaz in OZ @ http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.ca/
Bling - Dollarama from my stash
Ribbon - a very teensy snippet from my stash...could hardly tie it!
Stickles - Stardust stickles around the embossed edge of the smallest red square and the white square.
Sentiment - a rub-on from my stash...so old that I don't know the name anymore.
Stamp - unknown from the stamping day at the LSS (next time I will stamp one image and record the names for my files.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets...think I might win something for using the teensiest piece of ribbona nd managing to tie it too!
2. CHNC Extra - must be Christmas
3. Marks Finest Papers SpeedyTV Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
4. Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon
5. Jingle Belles Rock - Jingle Belles are Blinging I used stickles and lots of diamond gems
6. Marks Finest Papers Simple Salutations - Anything goes