Other times I am half way through and we then have drop in company and I set it aside and do an quick "tidy" in case they want to come downstairs for some reason. Believe me, I have learned the hard way that the times I don't do the quick tidy is exactly the time DH will drag someone downstairs! All these bad habits have the card UFO's out of control
My daughters are welcome to look through my finished boxes of cards and take what they need. Youngest daughter uses a lot of cards in a year. 22 kids in little Mr P's preschool class and 22 kids in Little Miss C's grade 1 class. That alone makes for a lot of birthday cards! Add in all the family and friends birthdays that they celebrate and all those friends kids, and it would be a small fortune at a card shop!
Thankfully they have my finished card stash and Little Miss C's card stash to choose from. Now I am low on kids and adult birthday cards and new baby cards...so I am going to be making a lot of quick and easy cards to replenish these card bins. I plan to rifle through the UFO's and finally get them finished...some just need inserts or a verse stamped inside...those should be fairly quick to work on!
I am going to use flowers on as many cards as I can this year as I have a abundance of flowers many of which are out of vogue for a card makers taste...but what does a 10 year know about which flower is in style! I will try to remake some the flowers and combine them with other elements to give them a more up to date look!
Enough rambling...here is my first finished quickie card of 2013...Yes, it's a bit of a cheater as the image is cut from a scrapbook paper. I just fell in love with these images and bought a sheet of the blue little boy shades and a sheet of the girly pink shades. They have been languishing in the cupboard since the release of that line...it is high timeIid something with them!
Hopefully the use of flowers on a baby boy card is suitable...normally I would use something "boyish" but these papers are so dreamy and soft looking that I thought these ones might be OK. So now it is 3 flowers used, only 7 million left!!! teeeheee
The card stock was from the snippets pile and the flower and butterfly have been in my stash for over a year. The vellum script border in the middle of the card, was from a clearance bin at Michael's quite some time ago. I think I paid around a dollar for the whole package...Wish I had bought ten of them as I love this vellum border!
Now, off to make up the matching little girl card! Hopefully I have a pinkish butterfly...See you soon!
1. Card base from my stash, from Michaels originally
2. Cardstock - from my snippets drawer
3. Flowers - from my stash, originally from Dollar Giant and Dollarama
4. Butterfly - from my stash originally K and Co I think
5. Vellum Script border, from my stash but originally from Michaels clearance bins...maybe K and Co
6. Design Paper - Graphic 45 Little Darlings Collection
I am submitting this card for the following challenges.
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets (Cardstock and border are snippets...flowers and butterfly have been in leftover from other projects and left in my stash for a long time!)
2. Celebrate the Occasion - Green, white and one other colour (Green, white and blue)
3. The Crafty Bloggers Network - Flowers
4. Somgbird Challenge - New Baby
5 Through the Craftroom Door - Anything goes
6. Totally Gorjuss - Flowers
7. My Creative Moments - Word Play Saturday - Anything