Saturday 18 August 2018

Christmas Card Club - Nativity

A fortnight has flown by since my last Christmas Card Club post. GranMargaret  chose a Nativity theme for this fortnight.

I decided to make a  Three Wise Men card as the stamps I used here are quite precious to me. I can not take any glory for this design.  I copied a card that a fellow crafter was selling at one of our infamous paper craft garage sales. I spied that card and bought it for the pattern,  about a year ago. I then attended every paper craft sale last summer and again this year, to try and find those stamps for sale. I managed to get the Stars and the background Bethlehem scene last summer, and luckily I found the Three Wise Men this year!


I stamped the Bethlehem scene direct to card and then heat embossed with an Antique  Gold powder.  It gives a dark gold satin finish. I then cut a second card base from heavy weight vellum. I stamped the stars and the Wise Men the same way and embossed with that same Antique Gold powder. I coloured the Wise Men with pencil crayons on the back of the vellum.



I folded and creased each layer one by one and then lined them up and punched two very small holes through the folded edges. A wee bit of white shimmery ribbon was threaded through and tied quite simply in a knot.

The  sentiment is on the back of the card and reads...Wise Men Still Seek Him.




26 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful clean card, love the layering with vellum!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Fabulous card..
Enjoy your day..
Hugs Sylvie xx

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Maureen....amazing stamps...love your vellum idea really gives a different look xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh wow Maureen, this is so simple and beautiful, I love the soft colours you have chosen for the wise men, it looks beautiful with the soft look of the vellum.
Lorraine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Maureen, your efforts to find the stamps were worth it. I love how you've joined them together at the top.

Sue xx

brenda said...

A really elegant card Mo and nice to see the true meaning of Christmas depicted.

B x

Zoe Tant said...

Clever use of stamps. I loved the muted background under the vellum. Zoe x

Chris said...

It's a stunning card, beautiful stamps and stamping, love the use of the vellum, very effective!
Chris
x

Carol L said...

I'm happy for you that you found these stamp treasures after searching so long! It's brilliant to put the scene behind vellum to give that subtle look, and I just love how you put this whole thing together! Gorgeous card!

Mrs A. said...

This really does look lovely. So soft and just right for this card. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful card, love the softness the velum created with the image :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

A lovely Nativity scene card. I love the embossing.

Brenda said...

Your card is just beautiful Maureen! I'm glad you were able to finish off this stamp set by finding the last of the images. They sure make a pretty card and I love that it is about Christ's birth! Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

Always such fun to read about your great finds, and this one yielded SUCH a pretty card. I love the creative process you followed, with the sequence of your stamping. The wisemen on the vellum are lovely with the misty shadow of Bethlehem behind it. Well done, Mo! TFS & Hugs

Pia S said...

Love the concept of this design, it’s so elegant!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Maureen, All the stamps are from a company called Inkylicious. The birds are from these two sets -
Wings & Things- https://www.inkylicious.co.uk/wings-things-clear-polymer-stamp-set/prod_756.html
Twiggy Trees - https://www.inkylicious.co.uk/twiggy-trees-stamp/prod_1043.html
And the moon is this one - https://www.inkylicious.co.uk/moon-stamp/prod_1191.html
Happy shopping! :o)
Lorraine

cotnob said...

A pretty card Margaret, a fabulous idea to colour on the back of the vellum.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

A fabulous card Mo. love the image and a really great CAS card, and not forgetting the lovely gold embossing.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

It's a beautiful card Maureen, lovely colours and design, Kate x x

Rita said...

Beautiful card Maureen. So different from the usual too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
as Mary said your finds at garage sales sound so interesting and fun.
Wish we had similar around here.
Love this wonderful card and the fab stamped images are so lovely.
So glad you found the wise men so you could complete this very lovely card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

rachel said...

This is beautiful Mo - so delicate - what a super make! Hugs rachel xx

Craftychris said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I can see why you wanted to find those stamps. xxx

Whisper said...

WOW that is one classy CAS card, luv Sam x

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! These remind me of DeNami stamps & a card design I learned many years ago & still love! Boy do I wish we had a garage sale near me--not to buy stuff, but to sell some of what I don't use!