Sunday 18 March 2018

Joy to the World

This fortnights card theme of Christmas flowers was chosen by Rachel at Fisher's Cards and Crafts.
I knew right away that I would use this NBUS stamp, (never before used stash)  and that is a good feeling to be able to remember it at all! At times it feels that there is a mountain of NBUS.  I have owned this stamp for quite some time and today is the first time it met ink!

The image and sentiment are part of an Our Daily Bread stamp set called Luke 2.1...although I chose to use one of the other sentiments within the set. It stamped so nicely the very first time. I used my MISTI just in case, but did not have to do any touch ups.


Stamped onto Elizabeth craft paper with black Momento ink and coloured the image with copics..,three reds and two greens. I then added red stickles quite sparingly around the edges of the petals with a touch in the centers.  I placed yellow stickle dots for the inner part of the flower and placed these over the area I had previously coloured green. I like the look of the two colours there.

That led me to decide if it worked in the centre, why not on the petals...so I carefully and very sparingly added green stickles to the petals as well.  Here is a close up of that...


I am happy with the colouring of the flower. While I know it is perfect like true colouristas can obtain, it is good for my talents and that makes me pleased! I struggle to see the light hitting the image so it is hit or miss whether I get any of the petals right!   While I did colour up two sets of the flower, I decided to not layer it up after all...as the second image is not as nice.

Background paper is Making Memories, Glitter Strip Twinkle. This is a VOS (very old stash) 12 x12 scrapbook paper, from 2011. After Christmas that year, I picked up about 20 sheets of it, on clearance for 80% off.  Although I did use it for some scrapbook pages, the vast majority has been used for cardmaking. The red stripe is glittered and is gives a lovely feeling of pizzaz.

The green snowflake and the woodgrain paper are from my snippets files. They too are quite old, so I do not remember the manufacturer or the name. The image was stamped on a snippet as well. I had three pieces of that Elizabeth craft paper left, so used the MISTI to stamp this image and sentiment three times. I have not finished the other two yet, but they will be identical to this card, as long as I can find more of the green snowflake snippets!

I am entering this card in the following challenges.
1. Pixies Crafty  Workshop - must use snippets.


37 comments:

dutchess said...

Beautiful stamping and colouring Maureen...it’s such a beautiful and elegant stamp...perfectly framed with your gorgeous backing papers and matting and layering ....love it xxx

Kath said...

A fabulous card and beautiful floral image.
Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love the vintage feel of this Christmas card and all the different colours of the sparkling look great!

jimlynn said...

I love the shine those stickles give! SO beautiful!!! Love your card and that gorgeous poinsettia.
Lynn

Valerija said...

What a beautiful card, love the poinsettia.
Valerija xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card is it just so pretty I love the stamp. Take care. Hugs Jackie

MaryH said...

Did I see myself as I was beginning to read this post...oh yeah! I'm glad you remembered this NBUS. I had the same stamp (or one that looks like it!) out to use, before I started on my watercolor fiasco. I think you did a marvelous layout on the card with the different dp's, as well as your copic coloring on the image. I do the same with stickles, a little bit looks good, so I'll try to add just a touch more, and wish I'd left it alone. Actually, #2 effort looks better than you probably think it does. Try to card it, and see what you think. Might depend on the design paper you select, and you would be very happy with it. I'm so pleased you were able to use up not only a NBUS but lots of stickles! It's abeautiful card Moi. TFS & Hugs

Rita said...

Beautiful card Maureen. You colouring is lovely compared to mine. Hugs Rita xxxx

Chris said...

Lovely card, the image is gorgeous and you've coloured it beautifully, love the added sparkle. The clean design and traditional papers showcase it perfectly.
Chris
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and I love both renditions equally. Adding the stickles really makes them super fantastic! And poinsettias and holly are among my favorite images to use on Christmas cards too. I mean to do more Christmas cards ahead of time too but for some reason the week whooshes by and none have been done. Too many birthdays for the first six months of the year along with holidays takes my time.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, beautiful poinsettia image and so beautifully coloured, lovely design and choice of papers, perfect for our challenge, Kate x

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Maureen! I love the sparkle on your poinsettia, the stickles really made it stand out and shine! Great papers choices as well and love the sentiment. Hugs, Brenda

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Maureen, such a beautiful Poinsettia, and lovely traditional colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This certainly is a gorgeous stamp, I love poinsettias and this is a beautiful example.
Lorraine

rachel said...

Stunning card Mo - can't believe this is a NBUS... its so lovely! So glad you remembered you had it! Hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Beautifully coloured and the stickles are a perfect finish to your flower. hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Love the image and a super design, great use of the stickles too.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Love the image and a super design, great use of the stickles too.

Kath x

Craftychris said...

Such a beautiful card! Gorgeously coloured image with the fabulous sparkle added and I love the papers too! xxx

LesleyG said...

Love everything about this.....the elegant stamps, the vintage paper, and your details with the colouring and stickles, and it's a fab layout too xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Maureen, the stickles really give it the Christmas bling. Can't believe you've not used this stamp before.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is wonderful :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Carol L said...

I just love the pretty poinsettia and how it sparkles, but what I like most about this card is the simple, classic design! Very pretty!

mamapez5 said...

A great card. I love the flower corner and the big bold sentiment stamps. It is a very 'clean' and elegant card. Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Gorgeous stamp Maureen and coloured beautifully. Lovely Christmas card. Hugs Christine x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card and coloring, Mo xoxo

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning image and am loving all the sparkle, Luv Sam x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Maureen, what a lovely card. i do like how elegant it looks, the 'white space' really makes the image stand out. Beautiful colouring too. Hugs, Shaz.XX

Anonymous said...

Excellent web site you have here.. It's difficult to find high
quality writing like yours these days. I seriously appreciate individuals like you!
Take care!!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous image Maureen and beautifully coloured...makes a great card. Carol x

Anonymous said...

What's up to every one, the contents existing at this site are truly remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.

KandA said...

Fabulous card Maureen and wonderfully coloured xx

Darnell said...

This is gorgeous, Mo! I love how you were able to use your pp, and your NBUS (which, I agree, never goes down!!) to create this beautifully colored and designed Cc!! And well done making three of them to build up your stash!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Gosh Mo - you truly ought to be delighted with this fabulous card - the Stickles worked so well in your hands! And this is absolutely the sort of card I aspire to - just beautiful and a delight to see,

Hugs

Di xx

Sandra H said...

Very sweet and lovely is your card Mo the glitter is gorgeous and really stands out x

Loll said...

Beautiful colouring of your poinsettia Maureen!! Gorgeous, especially with all that sparkle. Beautiful card! xx

Tina Z. said...

great design and I like your poinsettia very much!
hugs xx