This fortnight, Mrs A at Valery Anne Designs chose a Robin or Robins as our card theme.
I do have some bird stamps but since they are not actually robins, I chose to make a Hunky Dory Decoupage kit called Robin Redbreast. This kit really appealed to me as my Dad had a farm and raised horses. His boots were always sitting just outside the door, if he came in for tea...which was several times a day as he loved his tea! It was made even better, if it was served with thick toast and lashings of jam.
So a pretty robin it is...perched on what looks just like Dad's boots.
There are 6 layers of decoupage to create the scene and I used a brand new set of really slim pop dot to help reduce the depth. I am going to be purchasing more of those as I loved how thin they were. I threw the packaging away to help them fit in my pop dot drawer, but will tell you the name after I purchase a new set. When I next use them, of course!
I trimmed the kit card base down into a square. I added a piece of DP on the inside, to stamp the sentiment on. In my experience, the Hunky Dory card base has too much sheen for the ink to dry quickly. Translate that into, I have learned the hard way that any ink stamped upon it smears easily if brushed against. It takes quite some time for the ink to dry. As you have probably guessed, under my DP liner, there is a smudged sentiment!
The back of this card base has a very pretty repeat of the scene build into the card.
This was a quick and fun card to make. Sometimes, that is just what one needs!
If you are interested in joining our Christmas Card Club, drop me an email. The hyperlinks to the other members cards can be found on my right sideboard. You will not regret popping by their blogs to take a peek.