Sunday 25 February 2018

Rudolph Days Challenge - February 2018


Seems hard to believe that it is time for our February 2018, Rudolph  Days Challenge. I just want to remind everyone that once again we will be having a special prize draw in December 2018, for those who enter here every month this year, January through November.

Here are the rules for the Rudolph Days Challenge:

 1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month (January to November) on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8.   The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.
9. A special draw will be held at the end of the year, in December,  for all those who submitted a card or project every month that year, January to November.. 


Our designers have been very busy making some wonderful cards for your inspiration.

First up is Jenny L at Cardsarus

Jenny has made this wonderful Z fold reindeer card. The stamped deer look so festive on this card! It looks to me that Jenny has even stamped the background snowflake paper. If you pop over to her blog here, I'm  sure she will have a good write up of creating this beauty.Jenny always gives a great step by step of how she has made her card.


Here is another photo,  taken from a different angle so you can see the Z design...



 Sam at Whispers Cards has two cards for us today. The first is this sweet silver and blue puppy card. Oh my. me thinks he may have just knocked those baubles off that tree! He looks so adorable...



Sam's second card is this lovely kraft reindeer card. The dotted background with the matching trees contributes to the peaceful, serene feeling of this Christmas card. if you pop over to her blog here, I am sure you will enjoy reading Sam's post of these fab. cards.


I wasn't quite happy with how my last deer card turned out. Since I am stamping and die cutting enough to make multiples of each card this year, I decided to remake that last card, in slightly  different ways.


My first card is a 5 x 7 handmade card. It just gives a wee bit more room to playaround with the scene.  I  shaded the Impression Obsession deer die cuts with chalk, ever so slightly. Just enough to have them stand out a bit more. I also added a few dots of white to the deer's rumps. A bit of Nuvo glitter drops on the snowy hills helps to ground the deer!

I cut down a Memory Box, Small Alder Trees die,  and turned them into shrubs for my scene.

I used different finishes to glitter and shimmer up this card. Nuvo Glimmer drops on the Falling Snow EF snowflakes, Nuvo aqua glimmer on the trees and shrubs, and Wink of Stella on the deer..

The red cardinals were used again. Luckily,  that red snippet allowed three cuts of my cardinal Impression Obsession die. I love that die as it cuts so many wee birds in many different poses.
The deer envelope is from a huge bag of envelopes I got at the thrift shop. I think there were about 50 5x7 envelopes with many different designs on the fronts (3 of each design).  I paid a dollar for this treasure trove!  You will see more of these envelopes in the months to come.

My second card is a 5 1/2 inch square. This time I used snippets of kraft card for the deer. I shaded them with chalk and used white acrylic paint for the dots on their rumps. I should have googled about the dots as I am not sure if they are specific to females or if it is indeed all the deer in that species!

I used the larger Memory Box Deer Trio die that I used on my very first card a couple of days ago. I do think I like it best. Will save the small ones for tiny card or tags!

I am so much happier with these versions today. I have one more set of stamped and die cut pieces left, and I think I will try this design one more time, with some evergreen trees stamped behind the birch tree die cuts...  This has sure been a fun way to make multiples!
I am entering this card over at Pixies Crafty Workshop where you must use snippets. These two cards were made completely with snippets...even snippets of scrap laser photocopy paper!


The prizes this month are a choice of this Taylored Expression Iconic Wishes - Christmas Stamp and die combo

Or this Memory Box Hanging Evelyn Snowflake Die

Please use Mr Linky below, to link up your projects and cards. We look forward to visiting with you.

56 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Oooh am I really the first to link up today? And I thought I was off to a late start! Gorgeous cards from the team, and Mo, I agree with you that the second card like better, those gorgeous deer stand out perfectly.

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what wonderful scene cards and your scenes look so gorgeous.
Love the Deer and the white dots on their rumps it is an excellentidea.
Love those cardinals in the super trees too.
My blog friend Pamellia who also lives in Canada quite often puts lovely pictures of birds on her blog and quite often there is always a Cardinale amongst them and I think they look so amazing with their beautiful colours.
Will pop over to Sam's blog to comment now.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Linby said...

Great DT cards. Love the new versions of your card too Mo.

Whisper said...

Oooo I'm loving your gorgeous snowy scene with the reindeer's and cardinals - WOW I can't believe we have all made Reindeer cards, how surreal is that, gee we must be telepathic this month, ;-), Luv Sam x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maureen, I didn't expect to be the second entry this month - I'm usually way behind but today I struck while the glue was still wet, so to speak. Beautiful showcase - you all put me to shame. Must try harder :) Hope you are well and having a lovely weekend. Elizabeth xx

mamapez5 said...

I like both your deer cards, but I agree that the kraft deer stand out better. All the inspiration cards are lovely. Kate x

Barbara Godden said...

I've been watching for your post although it did sneak up quickly. awesome inspiration pieces.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely featured cards this month! I love everything equally! Thanks for hosting. I should have a card up tomorrow.

Bonnie said...

Thanks again for the Christmas stamp sets, Mo! There are so many fun stamps! Love all the DT inspiration! Your snowy forest scenes are lovely! Love the way you've colored the deer and the pop of color on the textured white background!

Carol L said...

The sample cards are all so fabulous again! Each one is beautiful and so inspiring and I'll be around to visit soon! Great prizes up for grabs this month too, wow!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great inspirations and I'm so impressed by your two scenic cards, such delightful works!
Pinned
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524495718092/

LesleyG said...

Happy Rudolph Day, fab design team inspiration, and love your cards too. Can understand why you love the cardinals die, and those envelopes were a good buy! Xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for another Rudolph Day! Yay! I'll be back to link up the card I made yesterday. Your team did an awesome job with their cards but I absolutely love your snowy scene cards. The pops of colour with the brown and red with all the white make these cards simply stunning! The second one is my favourite and I hope to CASE it at some point! Beautiful job! Thanks for inspiring!

Chris said...

Thanks for another fabulous challenge! The DT have produced some wonderful cards, great inspiration. Your cards with the lovely embossing and die cuts are beautiful.
Chris
x

Greta said...

Wow--such inspiration for this month! Gotta say, Maureen, I do like your new versions even better than the first card! These are some of my all-time favorites!

Sally H said...

Darn! I entered last months by accident, so please delete my first entry if possible. Serves me right for multi-tasking! Gorgeous inspiration from everyone!

Loll said...

Wonderful inspiration from the Design Team ... the cards are beautiful and unique.

Your two birch tree cards are gorgeous, Maureen. Adding the colour to the deers really makes them stand out against the all white background. Those little pops of red are perfect. Happy to be playing along again this month at Rudolph Days! xx

Carol L said...

Both versions of your cards are fabulous Mo, but I must agree- the last version is my favorite too! I just love the white snowy scene with those bright red birds and pretty deer! Wonderful cards!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful creations from the team and yourself Mo as always your so inspiring take care x

Liz said...

Fabulous cards by you and your DT, Maureen. I love the cardinals on your cards, the pop of red is beautiful. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

What awesome designs that are so inspiring from all the team and you Mo. I think I always love to make Christmas cards. No matter the season I am looking to see what supplies might work for my stash when the holidays arrive. I send a lot of cards.

Becca Yahrling said...

Well, I am in the midst of moving and have very limited supplies, so I'll do what I can to at least get an entry! I already see some FABulous creations. :-)

Darnell said...

I love your beautiful cards, ladies! Thank you for getting me back on track and making Christmas cards again! I'm playing just for fun and to increase my stash! Hugs, Darnell

Jackie T said...

Hi all the cards are gorgeous. Thank you for this challenge is it keeping me on track with my Christmas cards. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lynne said...

Super creations from the team, you've inspired me to get my unused deer dies out! I love how you've shaded the IO deers x

Di said...

Fabulous DT cards and I love yours Mo! White on white is always perfect for Christmas and the red cardinals add such a lovely cheerful pop of colour. Clever idea to trim some trees down to make bushes, never seen that done before and it works beautifully!

Hugs

Di xx

jimlynn said...

Yes, it's finally me showing up again! Hopefully I can keep it up this time and play every month. Great cards by everyone!
Lynn

Sandy said...

Love the variety of DT cards, and it's fun to see your different versions using those lovely diecuts you have.

ionabunny said...

Merry and Bright it's Rudolf time!!! Love this challenge. Thanks for the lovely inspiration ladies and the fun. Hugz

Karenladd said...

Thank you for motivating me to keep up with my Christmas card making so that I don't have to scramble right before the holidays! I always love seeing your DT cards.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Mo, I really love this friendly challenge but it does make me very aware of just how quickly the months are rolling by! Thanks for keeping it going and also to your DT for their inspiration. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Eemeli said...

Haven't started my card yet so let's see if I have it finished by the deadline.

Thanks for the inspirational creations.

Hugs,
Eemeli

meg said...

thanks for the inspiration, this is my first card for Xmas this year

Di said...

So pleased to see that you linked into the Playground as well Mo! It's cold out there - Parsnip is selling hot choklit drinks and looking at the wisps of snowflakes currently falling here! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Joan said...

Lovely DT cards as usual.Love the deer cards

Gloria said...

Hello! I'm very happy to see Rudolph day's challenge again.
Thank you so much for wonderful challenge and I hope you are doing very well. Hugs

Gail said...

Thank you for the new challenge - I will be uploading on the last day - the DT did a fab job - love making Christmas items all year long! Blessings

Karen Petitt said...

Just gorgeous inspirations, many thanks for those and the challenge lovely Scrappy Mo! I made Crimbo cards already lol, xx

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards by you and the DT! Love this challenge! It's been a while since I played along. So I'm happy I was able to make a Christmas card.

Jean said...

Love your cards Mo, the sweet little red birds make a lovely bright spot of colour.
Super DT cards also, the reindeer seem to be very popular again.
Jean x

Tina Z. said...

great inspirations from the DT and I love your winter scenes!
hugs xx

Barbara Godden said...

Slipping in before the end of the month, didn't have as much time this month. Beautiful inspiration cards.

dutchess said...

better late than never Maureen...happy Rudolph day.....xxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous DT inspiration, thank you for another great challenge.
Pauline
x

Janis said...

Two months down.....and so far, so good. :) Lovely cards by everyone!! Both versions of your card are just stunning. Thank you for another fun challenge!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

brenda said...

By the skin of my teeth.........

B x

Brenda said...

Wow, I can't believe all these fabulous Christmas cards by the designers! They are all so beautiful and lots of inspirations. I am getting in under the wire here Maureen! Thanks for hosting such a fun and great challenge each month. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Forgot to say I love your card Maureen. It is so serene and so beautiful with the pop of red for the birds. Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Lady Joyful said...

Fabulous DT inspiration! Glad I managed to play along this time :)

Craftychris said...

Love your gorgeous cards and that of the DT too - wonderful inspiration! xxx

Barb said...

Great inspiration from your Design Team Maureen. Thank you for another fun challenge. Barbxx

Unknown said...

Just made it by the skin of my teeth ! Great inspiration cards :)
Hugs Kaz x

Marianne said...

So happy I managed to sneak in just in time...
Wonderful makes by the DT, and I love the serene look of your own cards, Maureen.

Jules said...

Just made it .. .. phew!!

Loving that beautiful scene you have created Maureen. It is really stunning.

Love Jules xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fabulous cards from the team my 1st time found you via visiting Jules and had check the challenge out hope to join in many more

Susan Renshaw said...

Difficult week - totally forgot! Will try and remember March!!