Wednesday 5 October 2016

Shore Birds

I coloured and stickled a couple of these Stampin" Up Shore Birds image well over 5 years ago.  I kitted up a couple of them for my card making day with my neighbour up at the lake.

The kits were made up from bits and bobs of my snippet busting diecuts.  When bored or when my mojo is sleeping, I often sit and use up snippets with dies and punches.  These come in handy when I am packing kits for the lake or even for a crop. They simplify and quicken up the kit making task!


The look of sea is from a snippet of DP long since unknown to me. The "sand" is a snippet of torn and chalked kraft card. The image was chalked lightly as well...a beige shade for sand and a soft blue for the sea/sky.

I mucked up matting the image the first time. I set the image crookedly on the small dark brown snippet scalloped mat I chose, so I tried to correct that by rematting with a larger scalloped kraft card die cut from my trusty stash. I chalked the edges with a dark brown to give a bit of impact.

The wee sandcastle is from another set I stamped years ago. I dolled it up a bit with blue and green teensy rhinestones (my neighbours idea), and added a couple of K and Co 3D shells. A trio of larger blue rhinestones finished it off.


I quite like this card. Not sure what I will use it for so have left it blank inside.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets.
2. Mod Squad Challenge Blog - for the Birds

22 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is very nice, i love the very cute birds! The little shells and embellishments are very cute too! I don't notice the mat being off at all.

There is a challenge at ModSquad blog this week with birds, this card would totally work for that.

TFS! Heidi

Jane said...

What a sweet card...love those birds xx

brenda said...

A really lovely Ocean inspired creation Mo, lovely colours and design and perfectly embellished.

B x

Valerija said...

I love this card. Details are so beautiful!
Valerija xx

KandA said...

Fabulous card Maureen. Love those birds and the super seaside scene you've made xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Maureen, I love the cute little birds and your beach scene you made.

Sue xx

Barb said...

I love this Mo. You've made a beautiful scene on your card. The little birds are so cute and I love how you've brough all the bits and pieces together to make a lovely card. Barb xx

cotnob said...

A super card Mo, those birds are adorable and your seaside embellishments are perfect.
Pauline
x

Di said...

Such a clever scene Mo. It really does encapsulate the sea shore perfectly!

Lovely to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Sandra H said...

Ooooh wow this is another adorable card and your colouring is so beautiful!

Pia S said...

This card is really well balanced and it's soft and delicate with the shades of colors of sand and ocean. And those are so fun birdies too, cute!

Jean said...

I love the seaside theme to your card, and the quirky little sea birds are fun.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

What a great image and I love the embellishments, the sandcastle is brilliant. Love the use of "dolled it up a bit" haven't heard that for ages.

Kath x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
such a very lovely card, and the beach scene is super.
I love yor fab stamped birds, and the wonderful sandcastle.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Funny how I make a castle card, and so do you, but quite a different castle, love this card with all its bits and bobs. Good way to use up snippets!
Thanks for popping over too, Mo.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The birds are just great, they do bring a huge smile Maureen. Love the gorgeous sandcastle too. A very clever idea to die cut snippets when mojo is away, I'll remember it next time.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Sue - said...

Those birds are so cute! The whole thing is a really fun card!

Liz said...

Super card, Maureen. I love the bird stamp, they look like they have been trekking over the sand for miles! LOL! xx

Sarn said...

Hi Mo

Great looking card and a worthy showcase one on the Snippets Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Unknown said...

Great card! Your birds are darling. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Greta said...

Great beachy themed card, Maureen--love the little gems on the sandcastle!

Mrs A. said...

Your birds made me smile. Such a good idea to make up kits for when you or mojo go travelling. Hugs Mrs A.