Tuesday 25 October 2016

October Rudolph Days Challenge

It  is time for the October Rudolph Days Challenge. Take a quick peek at the rules if you please...

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7.  Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the world.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month.

Our designers have been very busy making sure you have lots of creative inspiration. In no particular order we have....

Shaz has been busy batch baking!  This is such a lovely Bethlehem image.



Gloria Lee @ Gloria's Craft Room has made this bright and fun, nontraditional card.


Linda S@ Snail's Space has also made a non traditional coloured card. This wee angel card holds a tag sentiment.


Donna Rinkle @ Indiana Inking made this lovely Santa snow globe card. So festive and  fun!



Dr. Sonia @ Cards, Crafts, Kid's Projects has a made a pop-up Christmas card with a slider element.She has the instructions on her post.

.

My card was made at my Langley Stampers Club.  I do really like this card but must confess that I have mixed feelings regarding its origins.  The tri-coloured red front panel started off as a paint chip from one of the large Box Stores in our area. The lady who hosted this months class, took enough chips from the store for all of our card kits. Perhaps I am a bit overly picky but I felt like I was using "hot" goods!

We punched out the trees and ran them through a manual Cuttlebug using  a Swiss Dots EF. We lightly sanded those embossed trees till the white core showed through, and then swapped the placement of the darkest and lightest tree. I had some teensy diamond stars from the $ store that I added to the tops once I was home. 

I stamped my sentiment and added another tree die cut to the front of the insert as I want to use the inside pages of the insert to add a bit of a Christmas letter.  Once I was home, I stamped a small Imaginesque Xmas tree stamp onto the flap of the envelope.




The prize this month is a surprise! It will be a Christmas theme Memory Box die of course. I am up at Mum's again and forgot to record the name of the die on this post. Watch this blog for an update once I am home again.


53 comments:

Di said...

Oh squeal! Looks like Christmas is on the way! Wonderful DT cards and I really giggled about you 'handling hot goods' for your own beautiful card.

Hugs

Di zz

Di said...

Oops, thought I'd link Kate's card for her as she is offline. Typed Katei though instead of Kate. Duh.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful cards from the DT and yourself Maureen, I can't believe that it's 25th October already. May seems so far away when Steve and I visited with you.

Sue xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such gorgeous cards by the DT...I will soon be visiting everyone!

Thank you so much for having me on your team Maureen
Cheers
Dr Sonia

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

AWESOME inspirations from the Dts !

mamapez5 said...

I love all the DT cards this month's. Di has linked my post for me as I am in a house with no internet. Looking forward to what everyone else makes. Kate x

Sandra H said...

Stunning cards from the designer team and not forgetting yourself Mo l love your card too! hope you have a lovely time at your mums take care xx

KandA said...

Happy Rudolph's Day... Stunning cards from you all xx

Sue B said...

Whoops the magic links it seems to have linked the wrong card it should be a poinsettia Christmas card.....?!!

Carol L said...

I love the varied shades of red on those trees Mo! It's a real eye-catcher along with all the other DT makes! Thanks for hosting yet another great Rudolph challenge :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

How is it possible that it is the end of the month again, so soon! Your DT created really spectacular cards this month!

Sandy said...

Lovely sample cards. Mo, I would not feel guilt about that paint chip card at all. I've grabbed enough paint chips over the years to cover a couple of walls, I think.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, so many gorgeous inspiration cards! You have an awesome team! Thank you for a new Rudolph Days! I wonder if your instructor took them all at once or made several trips! I remember when I was collecting paint chips years ago - I would only take a few at at time as I felt guilty about it too! Your card is gorgeous though! I should dig out some of my old paint chips! It's fun to see these being used again!

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what very super DT cards, and such wonderful and varied designs.
Your card is also wonderful and what a great design idea.
I love the different shades of red and those lovey modern trees.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pat said...

I love your pretty trees Maureen and a great idea to put lighter against darker and mix the three colours up, and the extra tree stamped inside and on the flap of the envelope is a great design idea. There are some wonderful cards from the DT too and such a variety, all so different! x

AlisonC said...

Sorry, I've been a fool and my first link is wrong but I can't delete it. I think I've got the second one right.
Intesting cards, I'm going for a closer look.

Jane said...

What lovely cards...all so different and so lovely. I really hope to join you this month xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful makes, so different but all very impressive!
Hope to found time to play :)

Barb said...

Some beautiful cards by the Design Team. Thank you for another Rudolph Day Challenge Mo. Barbxx

Jean said...

A super elegant card Mo, I love the shaded colours and the sanded dots really make them pop.
Jean x

Carol said...

Lovely inspiration from everyone Maureen. Love your card....and can understand your sentiment about using "hot goods"! Hope you're well. Carol x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maureen, it's been a long time but here I am at last with a Rudolph Day card. All the cards made by you and the team are fabulous but admit I'd feel uneasy about using the paint chip strip unless I'd brought it home with a view to choosing a colour for the decor! Hope you are enjoying your visit with your mother. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Anonymous said...

hot, or not, maureen, i love your classic red and white card and the embossed trees!

brenda said...

Super inspiration from everyone again, all linked up.

B x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant challenge.....Joolsx

Joan said...

Understand where you are coming from about the paint chips but they do make fabulous trees ! I have a box full of paint chips collected over the years so might have to try that technique.
Joan

Jules said...

Hi Mo

Lots of lovely Christmas inspiration and your card is really lovely - inside and out .. .. .. but I know what you are saying about using the paint samples. You will just have to buy a tin of paint in one of the colours and use it somewhere in your home and then you won't feel so bad! LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

BożenA said...

Very beautiful cards DT, very inspiring.
Hugs,
BożenA

LesleyG said...

wow such fantastic designs, and your trio of trees is fabulous! xxx

KandA said...

Stunning creations from you all xx

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, ladies! I know what you mean about taking so many paint chips, although they may not care at all.

Darnell said...

I love your card, Maureen, and the cards of the DT are amazing!! Thank you for continuing to run your challenge with how busy you are right now! Thinking of you! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

P.S. Just playing for fun!! Thank you!

Megan J said...

Hi Mo and the lovely ladies of the design team, some truly beautiful cards this month, Thank you for the inspiration and fun! Have a great month... Megan

Janice said...

Fabulous inspiration from the design team.
Janice x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ohh Mo, love your card, it's truly wonderful, as are the work by the other DT members well done. I must drop you a line too,
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Sally H said...

A gorgeous selection of cards from the team! Wonderfully varied. I love your card, too. I have used the odd paint strip on a card before, but not many and can totally relate to your feelings about it x

Gail said...

Lovely projects - by all - I hope to enter this month. Have a blessed week

Linby said...

Lovely makes as always by the DT. Love your card too Mo.

dutchess said...

great inspiration from the teamies...happy Rudolph day

Tina Z. said...

amazing inspirations!

Liz said...

Fabulous cards for inspiration again this month. I know what you mean about using 'hot' goods, but your card is rather gorgeous. xx

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Lovely theme and such pretty entries! Loved playing along with the challenge :)

Karenladd said...

Wow, I just squeaked in by the deadline! I love that you're motivating me to make a few Christmas cards throughout the year instead of my usual mad dash in December. It's much more fun to take my time and enjoy the process! Thanks for another fun challenge.

Chris said...

The cards created by yourself and the rest of the DT are gorgeous, some lovely and varied inspiration here!
Clever use of the paint chip, the resulting card is beautiful but I can understand your reservations in using it!
Chris
x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such fabulous designer cards Maureen, they are very inspiring. I'll come back next month with a card, time has been flying here.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Mel C said...

Thanks for the fun challenge, so glad I found you!

MaryH said...

Mo, I LOVE your red tree card. Very clever to use the paint chip cards. I've collected these bits & never really know how to use them for anything. I'd say you've got a winner with this one, and I love the swing trees and that each tree has a different design. Good for you, it's CAS, yet so gorgeous with lots of styling details! TFS & Hugs (and wishing the best to your Mom).

Kathleen said...

Some fabulous creations from you and the DT.
I am very sorry that I have not commented on your cards or any of the entries this month but I have been in Scotland from last Monday until today, no internet and the lovely Sarn linked me to the challenge.

Kath x

AlisonC said...

Ha, I know what you mean about the paint chips, that is taking advantage. However the card is lovely with all the shades of red and the inside is very pretty.

Mrs A. said...

Made it with a day to spare. In truth the card has been made for a while but getting the right lighting conditions is a nightmare at the moment. Early morning is best and I'm so not a morning person!! hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

Wonderful inspiration cards as always! Thanks for doing Rudolph Days!

Marie Bingaman said...

Great design team cards! :)