This fortnight, Sylvie at Gibmiss has chosen the theme of a cute Christmas card.
Right away I knew the card I wanted to make. Many of you may remember that my grandkids used to love coming over to make cards. Their favourite part was to colour their cards. They would concentrate so hard to stay in the lines and that was no easy feat for for they started making cards when they were just 3.
This adorable little reindeer image was colored with copic pens. It was finished a couple of years ago by Little Miss C. She used to love to colour and to make cards...but now she is 9 and her life is busy with horses and sports and of course with her friends. It is a rare moment now when she has time to make cards!
I thought I would surprise her and make up a card with this image. She had carefully carried up all her finished images and craft supplies to my house and told me to use them...she was making space in her room for her new pursuits.
The image was already stamped onto a Spellbinders Lacey Circles. I matted that with a Lawn Fawn stitched circle diecut made with a snippet of red card. I kept the design for this card quite simple.I wanted her sweet image to take center stage. I added a little clear wink of Stella to the ivy wreath and also to Rudolph's red nose.
The dotted background DP is an unknown 12x12 scrapbook paper that has been cut down into four 6 inch squares. I trimmed it down a wee bit further and placed it on a 6 inch square scalloped card.
Still had my snippets box of Xmas DP out on my desk and just paired two snippets to make a double layered fish tale banner. The XXXX red patterned DP is heavily embossed and glittered. The brownish/green dotty one is unknown. Before I glued it down, I wrapped a bit of fine white jute twin around it a couple of times and tied it into a bow. Pop dotted the matted image and finished up this sweet card in under 15 minutes!
i am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Christmas Card Club - cute Christmas card
2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Use a sentiment and must be Christmas
3. Polkadoodles - use a die cut Spellbinders Lacey Circles and Lawn Fawn stitched circles cut with my Big Shot
4. Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes
5. A Snowflake Promise - Anything goes Challenge 24
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add some Shimmer
7. Stamping Sensations - Feature A Creature
8. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - must use patterned paper