I tried to pick a fairly easy card design for the second card. I plan to make up several of this basic style, and needed them to be fairly fast to put together. Well, I guess sometimes they might be fast, but I had one of those days that everything I tried, seemed to backfire. The first card went together fairly quickly. This second one...not so much!
It seemed that I managed to screw up almost every element along the way. I would recoup, and tear off the offending item and start over. But I did it so many times it was starting to get annoying.
My neighbour went home with 5 lovely finished cards and I settled for barely finishing two!
Here is the one that gave me all the trouble...
I centered and then cut a Spellbinders Floral Doily Motif from a piece of pink card stock and then cut a smaller S/B Petite Circle in the center of doily, to create a frame. All I can say here is thank goodness for a magnetic platform!
I then slid a lightweight snippet of black card behind the cut out aperture to allow the black to show through the outer edge picot pattern. I added a SB circle of DP script just slightly larger than the aperture and positioned it to sit just under that frame...and then pop dotted the frame on top...very teensy pop dots I might add!
This step was mostly repeated once I realized I had mounted the script on a slight angle...drat.
Once that was sorted, I added a K&Co pink butterfly and a Penny Black sentiment. I finished up the inside with another PB verse stamped on a repeat of the S/B Floral Doily Motif. Two attempts later, I then managed to stamp that third attempt, slightly off center. Combed through the butterflies and managed to find one that had the right style to look as though I had "off stamped" on purpose. I took out the middle layer of the the inside butterfly...making it 2D if you like! This just helped make the card "sit" better when closed. Luckily, the two butterflies are situated on different side of the card, so that helps keep the depth down....so it is better for mailing.
At this point everything was tossed aside and we had lunch...amazing what renewed vigor there is after a nice bit of salad and cheese bun...lol Managed to finally finish it off and then added a bit of chalking to the edges to tie in the more vivid look of the butterfly! Yep...added the chalk to the finished card...with a carefully placed bit of scrap to catch the strays...luckily a white eraser caught any escapees!
Whew...my quick and easy card was finally finished...about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish!!! lol
Card base and Envelope - from my stash
DP - 7Gypsies Somme script paper (VOS circa 2005)
Card Stock - snippets of pink and white
Dies - Spellbinders Floral Doily Motif; and Spellbinders Petite Circles
Butterflies - K&Co
Chalk - Stampin' Up
Stamps - both sentiments are from Penny Black Eloquence
****************This is card #1 of 50. I am on a consumables spending freeze until I have made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock are exempt).***************
I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Chalk n Stock - must use chalk (I chalked the S/B Doily with pink chalk)
3. Card a Day Challenge - Sympathy
4. Word Art Wednesday - must have uplifting sentiment
5. Whimsy Stamps - Anything Goes
6. MFP Speedy TV Inspirational Challenge - Challenge 58 The third photo inspired me to use my vivid pink butterflies. The true colour is best seen on the inside page.