Finally made some Valentines. I was starting to worry that I would not get them done, but then I had a brainwave. It was my turn to make up the card kit for my weekly craft night with Lisa, my next door neighbour. I decided that I would make up 3 kits, for a total of 6 cards between us. All would have a Valentines theme.
These solved my necessary Valentines quota. Now any others I manage to make will be for extended family. Luckily, Lisa was game for that idea, so over I trudged to her place, card kits in hand and we really had fun getting into the Valentines theme! Normally, we do one quick and easy card...the sort you start and finish in 20 minuets...30 minutes tops. After that is done, we just get on with whatever we each brought to work on.
This time, I laid out all the supplies on her dining room table and we just worked on those all night. We had lots of giggles and fun, and we seemed to be full of creativity and inspiration. Good thing, cuz we both needed to finish up those cards.
Here is my first Valentine made this year. It has snippets of Very Old Stash (VOS), and even has some Never Before Used Stash (NBUS). All the papers are left over from scrapbooking and in a former life, they were 12x12 paper.
I had a momentary lapse of brain cell activity while creating this card. I got so involved in measuring and marking out the straight line to add my glitter paper ribbon to, that I didn't notice I had put it on sideways!!! If I changed the orientation of the card to a vertical fold, then the word paper read sideways. Of course the glitter paper ribbon has an abundance of really sticky glue that could not be coaxed off! So I decided to make it look like a package tied up with ribbon and went ahead and added my new strip the correct way. Whew! Not a perfect solution by any means as I still think it looks silly...but not as silly as sideways words!
I even managed to finish up the inside too. I had already signed it when I realized that I had not taken a photo of the inside...so I have had to cover up DH's name. He likes his privacy on the internet.
The top edge of the letter "d" did not stamp evenly. I am contemplating touching it up with a copic fine liner but am so worried I will make it worse. What do you all do when this happens?
Card Base and Envelope - from my stash
Design Paper - snippets of 12x12 Colorbok Bright Ideas pink word background (VOS); and snippets of 12x12 Echo Park Style Essentials Grey Damask
Card Stock - snippets of pink textured card
Ribbon - striped ribbon from my LSS (new); snippet of black glitter ribbon from my stash, manufacturer unknown
Cord - fine silver cord from my stash
Embellishments - Flower from my stash; charm from my friend in England (NBUS)
Image - Wild Rose Studio topper
I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover the front of card base with paper
3. Two Peas In a Bucket - February Mood Board challenge - use Mood Board for inspiration
4. Stamping with the Dragon Challenge - Love is in the air