When I noticed the "In the Round" challenge, I knew which stamp I wanted to use. I have been itching to get these stamps inky since I received them from my lovely blog buddy Redanne. I am always a bit timid to use my lovely gifts... as I don't want to disappoint the giver if I mess it up. I knew I wanted to use the Sakura Gelly Roll Silver pen to hilight the heel, buckle. strap and flowers...so I was a bit worried I would not be able to carry it off.
After I stamped and coloured the image with copics, I did that Gelly Roll outlining and it was easier than I thought! Funny how you can get yourself worked up about nothing...lol
The challenge requires the image to be cut in a circle and also requires the use of at least two embellishments. As my card developed, I realized that it would also fit the 4 embellishment brief for the "Embellish This" challenge as well. What luck...
Here is another photo that shows the Gelly Roll outline...sorry about the glare...it was impossible to avoid it tonight. All my photos tonight seem a bit paler and softer than IRL.
I did not finish the inside of this one as I have not yet decided if it will be a birthday card or perhaps even a Mothers day card.
Card Base and envelope - from my stash
Design Paper - First Edition, Bird Song
Card Stock - snippets of Silver and Charcoal, Somewhere In Time Fantasy Shimmer Paper
1. Ribbon - snippet of pink chiffon ribbon, from my stash
2. Bling - charcoal diamonds, from my stash
3. Charm - from a friend in England
4. Twine - snippet of fine silver cord, from my stash
5. Belt Buckle - from the Upcycled Dollar store bows
Dies- Spellbinders petite circles and scalloped circles; Marianne corner dies from Shaz in OZ
Stamp - The Crafthouse Press, Fabulous Kling On K006 Shoes
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with patterned paper
3. Two Peas In A Bucket - In The Round and Embellish This
4. Die Cutting Divas Challenge - Girls Night Out ,Use Pink, Girly,