Sunday 10 November 2013

Twelve Days Of Christmas - Day 11 - Christmas Banner

Phew! I'm on the home stretch now. Still working on the MFP Twelve Days Of Christmas. Day 11 is to make a Christmas banner. Soon as I read the brief, I knew what I would create.

I had a few Stampendous Owls coloured up, so I took a blue one and mounted it on the off cut of Spellbinders Sprockets. It is cut from snippets of navy velvet/suede card. This is the last of this paper. It is VOS and I have always loved it...hence hoarding it all these years!


I covered the card base a grey tone on tone stripe. I had two banners cut already from a scrapbooking page, so placed them on the far left side and mounted the framed owl just off the banners edge. Three little rhinestones and a K & Co greenery sprig and that side was finished.

I wanted to keep the card fairly simple as the brief is the banner, and I wanted it to show up. My banner was punched from the last snippets of the navy suede card using the modern labels punch from Stampin up. I didn't have enough card left to punch the whole thing so I just punched the end pieces and then trimmed them square across the top. I had some teensy letter stickers in my alpha drawer and they seemed to fit perfectly!
I ran a hand sewn length of the fine silver cord through the banners with a darning type needle, and then knotted the ends. A very slim pop dot and some glossy accents hold it down.

I did think it looked a wee bit bare and unbalanced on the bottom right, so I added the Quickcuts corner die on a scrap of the banner paper.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.
1. Marks Finest Papers Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 11 - Christmas Banners
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

5 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card Mo, love that banner x

Pia S said...

I love owls and I never seem to get tired of them. This one's really cute and I think your card turned out great, with fab papers and a beautiful design!

Di said...

Wow Mo, this is brilliant - I love owls too and the banner is perfect! Someone will totally adore this card for sure.

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Hi Mo. I'm trying to play some Playground catchup! Just saw this little cutie and popped over to say Hey. Love the use of your sprocket to show Mr. Owl with the nifty blue cap. Adorable. I also really liked your colored banner against that gray striped paper. Very eye catching. Great job, as always. TFS & Hugs

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the banner and the cute owl, adorable card!
hugs
Glenda