Tuesday 5 November 2013

Getting My Jingle On

I made a little Christmas ornament for my craft room. I used the same Anna Griffin Christmas Kitsch self adhesive vellum quotes that I used on my Black Friday Planner that I posted yesterday.

I store my planner next to the computer in my craft room...right beside the woven box that I hang my key collection on. I have been adding the keys slowly, and it looks rather bare still. Thought I would hang the ornament there, amidst the keys. Should be fun to see the two matching pieces there as I do not usually decorate this room at all.

Some of the storage baskets in my room are the same shade of green as the word bells on my sentiment. That is why I chose green for the planner cover and the quotes with green for the focal points.

Here is my start on crafty Christmas decorating!



The base is a top note looking greenware ornament I picked up yesterday at Michaels in America. I covered it with Viva Inka Gold in the colour silver. I had to do a couple of coats to get full coverage and actually took a stiff artist paintbrush and pushed the silver paste into the ridges on the side edges.

Once fully dry, I then centered the vellum quote and trimmed off the excess with an exacto knife.
I looped a small piece of silver braided cord through the hole at the top and tied it in the back and cut off the loose ends fairly close tot he knot.

It still looked a little bare, so I took 2 lengths of very fine, silver twine and tied then round the bottom of the braid.. made a double loopy bow and tacked into place (to firm it up with a teensy glue dot.I added a pink rhinestone to cover the look of the glue dot edges.

I am happy with it and think it will look good beside my planner.

I am entering this ornament in the following challenges
1. Craft My Life - Anything goes
2. Unstampabelles - Vellum
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes

16 comments:

Di said...

This is soooo cute Mo - and it goes really well with the planner too.

It's up to you, if you'd like me to delete your Nativity card link so you can then add this into the Playground just let me know and I'll delete for you :)

Hugs, Di xx

Peanut said...

For a moment there I thought you made the woven box! I wouldn't put it past you, Maureen! Now that I'm over my inferiority complex...have to say, I love you tag. That's my kinda jingle!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

McCrafty's Cards said...

First off Mo I must say I love those Keys, your ornament is gorgeous I like the twine and the pearl
Kevin xx

Hettie said...

This is very cute Mo. Shocked that you don't decorate your room for C!!! If nothing else I have a layer of glitter in my room!
Hugs
xx

Carol said...

These look fabulous Maureen, love the braided cord. Carol x

brenda said...

Super work always.

B x

Naomi said...

Adorable ornament, Maureen! Love the jingle bells sentiment and all the silver trimmings!

Hugs,
Naomi

Sue said...

This is lovely Mo:) love those keys too and your planner, the black friday sounds awesome wish I could come hahahaha huggles Sue xxx

Merry said...

Very creative….a lovely ornament. Thanks for joining us again in our vellum challenge at Unstampabelles. :-)

Susan Hogan said...

Like Hettie I have glitter everywhere from now on to Christmas and my room is soooo messy! Love the dangle and the way you have made it. Thanks for sharing this with us again at Unstampabelles for our current challenge to use vellum.

Debbie Adams said...

Your ornament is pretty. I like the silver twine you used its really eye catching. Thanks for sharing your project us at All Crafts Challenge. :D

Anonymous said...

this is so cute and very festive! you're on a creative roll!

CathyC said...

what a lovely ornament ;-) thanks for joining in our Vellum challenge at UnstampaBelles - again.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the ornament and it look great hanging with the keys!super!
hugs
Glenda

Lauren T said...

Those keys look great. I like the ornament too. Thanks for sharing at UnstampaBelles!

mags said...

This is really cute. A lovely ornament. Thanks again for sharing with us at Unstampabelles Challenges.
Mags
(guest designer for November)
xx