Friday 14 June 2013

Mermaids Are Calling


In keeping with my beach/water themes, I have been working on some Mermaid cards. I am not adding a sentiment yet as they could be used for a variety of occasions. I think most will be birthday cards but they would also make a great "just swimming by to say Hello" card.


I make cards for my daughters and I so think some of these will end up going home with them too. Little Miss C has  also made some mermaid cards...once I am home again I will feature a couple of hers as well! 

I made this one at my neighbour's house , the night before I left for my Mums. Although I can craft up at the
RV, I can't post the photos of the finished work as the laptop up there has damaged USB ports:(  Lots of odds and sods are being used up on these cards...I basically have my entire entire water/sea themed drawer with me! Hope you don't get too tired of my water theme... 

The starfish and the sand dollar have been run through embossing folders. I threw the packaging away long before I started blogging. I think the EF used for the sand dollar is  Provocraft 's Swiss Dots but not sure of the name of the starfish one. If anyone knows, would you mind to leave it in the comments and I will update the recipe!

Recipe

Card and Envelope - Michaels Recolections brand Kraft corrugated
Cardstock - from stash
Bling - from stash...pearls and aqua diamonds
Stamp - Stampendous Mermaid
Stamp - JoAnne's Studio G  shell stamps
EF - unknown 
Fish net - a scrap of hairnet from the dollar store. Fishnet stocking from the dollar store work too!
Ink - Colourbox  Roan for shading edges, and Momento tuxedo black for image
Copics - various

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafting Muskateers - Use a stamped image
3. Freshly Brewed Designs - Mermaids, faities, fantasy
4.  Sister Act Challenge  - Always Anything Goes
5. Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges -  Feeling Blue #171
6. Shelly's Image -  TTT challenge Beach Theme
7. Southern Girls - Punch it out, Die cut or punched shape
8. Bearly Mine Designs - Anything Goes

21 comments:

Redanne said...

Not sure if it is just me but I cannot see your card..... Anne x

brenda said...

Hi Maureen, so you also have children who plunder your card stocks, but at least it saves them spending a fortune in the shops.

Trouble with mine is that sometimes they just dive in and find one before checking if they already have a destination and more than once I have found my C&C samples plundered.

Not seeing any photo on this post, but know from what you have written it had a summery seaside look.

B x

Sue said...

Cant wait to see all the photos of your creations when you get back hun!! huggles Sue xxx

MaryH said...

Oh bummer. Well, you will eventually post the card and we can enjoy it. I already know it's pretty! (how otherwise?) Have fun on your trip. See you when you get back. Thanks for your sweet comments. Hugs & be safe, rest up when you can.

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card with your design and different textures. Mermaid so sweet...Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine challenge this week and hoping we see you again. Good luck..Hugs Lozzy x

The Little Stamper said...

Fantastic card! I love your coloured image and also the textures that you have added.

Thanks for sharing at Bearly Mine this week.

Sharon x

Di said...

Totally perfect Mo! I love every single detail - right down to the beautiful sand dollar and starfish! A perfect snippets make :)

Hugs, Di xx

Zoe Tant said...

Fab textures on your card with such a sweet little mermaid. Thank you for my lovely card, a really super surprise. Zx

Amanda said...

lovely card, extraordinary. Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

hugs Amanda
Shelly's Images DT

Alexandra♥ said...

Lovely card and design!

Thanks for joining Totally PaperCrafts challenge!
Hope you'll play along with us in the upcoming challenges too.

~Alexandra (DT)

MaryH said...

What a lovely little mermaid, and not tired at all of your sea themes. Remind me of my Fla. days. What a terrific idea to use the hairnet for the'netting. I get the best ideas from all you crafty people. Loved your embossing on the embellies too, and your mermaid was colored so beautifully. TFS. Hugs

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is fantastic. I love the image and the netting is wonderful. Just a great card Mo...Hugz, joann

Jackie said...

Great design, love the embellies you have used to compliment the theme. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Good luck. hugs Jackie DT.

VanessaB said...

love the texture on this card. so cute! thanks for joining us at fresh brewed designs :)

Fran said...

Lovely card , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers , Fran (DT) xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the sea shells and the fabulous background, especially the netting. Wonderful image too!
hugs
Glenda

Lisa T said...

Great card! I love the textured sand dollar and starfish embellishments - just perfect! Thanks for joining us at SACC.

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Such a cute card, great papers and love the extras! Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls Challenge!
Carolyn, DT

Darlene said...

This is so adorable! Love the seashell embellishments and the perfectly colored mermaid! CUTE creation! Thanks so much for joining our "BEACH (Summer)" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images Design Team
SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Nicole Bretherick said...

beeeeeeautiful!! i love mermaids and this one is super cute!! thank you for joining our challenge over at The Crafting Musketeers!! Nicole DT xx

Tracy said...

Awww your card is adorable.
How could get tired of your under the sea cards, love all the extra embellishments and how you make the stand out